All-Star Cover Up Rule.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't read replied, but frankly, I'm indifferent to this rule. As a mom of a mini, do I want her to look cute and compete to the best of her ability? Yes. Do I care if she is showing her stomach or not? To be frank, not really. I refuse to raise my daughter's in a society where the victim is blamed at the act of a villian---whether that means a child molester or a rapist on a college campus. I also frankly refuse to buy the argument that covering up in any way lessens the chances of something happening. Statistically, we know this isn't always the case.

As for the image of the sport, I understand why USASF has moved in the direction they did, but frankly, I think it should be up to each individual gym and those gym parents to dictate what their children can and can not wear.

I haven't read replied, but frankly, I'm indifferent to this rule. As a mom of a mini, do I want her to look cute and compete to the best of her ability? Yes. Do I care if she is showing her stomach or not? To be frank, not really. I refuse to raise my daughter's in a society where the victim is blamed at the act of a villian---whether that means a child molester or a rapist on a college campus. I also frankly refuse to buy the argument that covering up in any way lessens the chances of something happening. Statistically, we know this isn't always the case.

As for the image of the sport, I understand why USASF has moved in the direction they did, but frankly, I think it should be up to each individual gym and those gym parents to dictate what their children can and can not wear.
Pretty sure that is what brought us to this rule in the first place.

Pretty sure that is what brought us to this rule in the first place.

While this is true, I also think there are other ways of handling the situation...ie. if a team can lose points for provocative music and even be disqualified over it, add the same rule to the scoresheet.

While this is true, I also think there are other ways of handling the situation...ie. if a team can lose points for provocative music and even be disqualified over it, add the same rule to the scoresheet.
I just see this with so much potential to backfire. Does the EP really want to piss off the gym that brings 10+ teams to the same comp each year? If its not left open to interpretation and the subjectivity (and possible bias) of the judges, I think it's better for all.

I just see this with so much potential to backfire. Does the EP really want to piss off the gym that brings 10+ teams to the same comp each year? If its not left open to interpretation and the subjectivity (and possible bias) of the judges, I think it's better for all.

I know, it's not perfect, but just another option. Personally, I'm not for USASF deciding on uniforms---rules and safety? Absolutely, but clothes...not so much. But I know not everyone feels that way, and we'll abide by the rules regardless of how I feel about it.

I'm 100% for USASF stepping in and creating uniform and cover up rules when there's just a few too many uniforms out there that are wardrobe malfunctions waiting to happen. If you want to get nitpicky, you could say it's about safety- the bra brigade has made it more than clear that not being able to wear the proper undergarments is setting these athletes up for damage (not to mention discomfort).

Also, the excuse that it's "too difficult" to get tshirt over competition hair is pretty much garbage. Stretch the neck of the shirt out or cut it if it's that much of a hassle and you're in a place where it's too warm to put your warm up jacket on (I would guess that this issue isn't common aside from outdoor events in warmer states, because most convention centers are freezing, regardless of how hot it is outside)

I personally think it looks nicer to have kids in warm up jackets and shorts/pants if they're not competing or heading into warmups or awards. It's preserving the uniform that you (or mom and dad) spent so much money on. It also keeps kids from running around with their uniform on incorrectly, which, let's be honest, doesn't ever look NOT tacky.

okay we get it :) I never said anything after your first comment other then I didn't literally mean "asking for it" chill!!!!
oh no you don't seem to get it. Really that's not what you meant. What the heck did you actually mean. I see all you thousand threads you create a day and I just roll my eyes and think ugh this troll again. I'm done with craziness. What happened to you not coming back.

I feel like walking around an arena with just a half naked uniform on before you compete and after you compete, is just asking child molestation and rape. [/B]
I dare you to say that to a rape victims face, go on, I DARE YOU!

YOU are the reason that rape victims are too scared to report anything to the police. YOU are the reason that they blame themselves for something that was completely out of their control. And YOU are the reason that it is very difficult to get convictions in rape cases. Until people like you stop throwing generalities around like it's 2cent confetti, then we will alway have a rape culture where the first thought is to blame the victim.

Time and time again you have been corrected, guided and rebuked about your posts and your posting style. If you are trying to turn over a new leaf and start again, as you say you are (many times!), then you need to sort yourself out and fast. If you don't mean it, don't post it. If you don't want the whole board 'ganging up' on you, don't post at all. You have been advised and told many, many, many, MANY times to take some time out and familiarise yourself with the style and content of the board, have you done that? NO! I now see your name and my first reaction is to groan and eye roll, and then to think "what the hell is she spewing now". That's all your own doing. You won't listen, you won't take advice and you get completely obnoxious whenever anyone disagrees/corrects you-which is most of the time now.

I did think you were just a silly little girl, having a laugh. However, you have now implied to all the mothers and coaches on here that they are aiding in child molestation and rape of their own children, by allowing them not to have a cover up on. That is dangerous ground! I don't have children of my own but I am a coach, and how dare you suggest/imply that. Don't bother saying you didn't mean it-you did, you wrote it!

Mods: if she can't put herself into time out and moderate her own behaviour can we at least put her on the naughty step and take away her posting privileges? Or at least her privileges to start new threads?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back