OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We love Making the DCC! I have seen every season. Little red is currently addicted to season 10!

I'm going to sound mean for a second, but I am pretty sure the one lady most recently cut (Kolby?) is not 31 like the show says.

I know that Black women age differently, but she and I are supposedly the same age. I don't buy it. Kolby can't be 31. She is at least 40!

Although they do make a lot of remarks concerning the girls bodys i don't think it is problematic just because of the simple fact that they are trying out for a high profile dance team. Everyone and their mom knows that looks play a huge role and being in the best possible shape is just part of the deal. I have been watching for a few seasons and i never found it to be problematic because if you watch the show you understand why they say those things.
It was really interesting to see 4 veterans getting cut this season

I'm going to sound mean for a second, but I am pretty sure the one lady most recently cut (Kolby?) is not 31 like the show says.

I know that Black women age differently, but she and I are supposedly the same age. I don't buy it. Kolby can't be 31. She is at least 40!
I agree. No way is she 31, even if she lived in a tanning bed for 10 years. She's had a lot of work done, too. Badly if I may say so.

I love this show! My favorite is the makeovers but it seems like there were no major changes to anyone this season. I loved the young girl that got cut on the latest episode, I think her name was Shelby??? She was only 18. I was really wanting her to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this season they actually talked to girls because they were too thin. I get what you're saying but if you're choosing to go into professional cheer/dance teams, you have to understand that there are certain things appearance-wise that it might require. Just like the Rockettes have a height minimum/maximum and other teams have other specific regulations. They're not saying the girls aren't beautiful, they're just saying they're not the right person for their team.
Yes, I agree with part of what you said, however, I objected because I felt most of the comments to the contestants were not constructive criticisms... Furthermore, I felt very uncomfortable watching this program with my impressionable 12 y.o. daughter. My daughter started making comments about how superficial these judges were and we both agree to turn it off together..
Btw, the Rockettes organization tell the girls upfront what the physical expectations are before tryouts: height: 5'9" and a certain leg measurements.
DCC should tell the contestants upfront what they are expecting by way of height, weight, hair color and body measurements, etc... before these young women waste their time trying out, especially, the ones who got cut because they did not look good in the uniform...Really?

Yes, I agree with part of what you said, however, I objected because I felt most of the comments to the contestants were not constructive criticisms... Furthermore, I felt very uncomfortable watching this program with my impressionable 12 y.o. daughter. My daughter started making comments about how superficial these judges were and we both agree to turn it off together..
Btw, the Rockettes organization tell the girls upfront what the physical expectations are before tryouts: height: 5'9" and a certain leg measurements.
DCC should tell the contestants upfront what they are expecting by way of height, weight, hair color and body measurements, etc... before these young women waste their time trying out, especially, the ones who got cut because they did not look good in the uniform...Really?
I mean...everyone knows what a DCC looks like. And I don't think the show is meant for that young of an audience considering the later time slot.

5'5" 110 lbs of lean muscle will look much different on the big screen than 5'5" and 110 lbs on a less fit girl. Giving height and weight requirements wouldn't solve the problem of not fitting the DCC look.
Exactly. It reminds me of the comment Melissa Rycroft made earlier in the season, "I don't know why any girl wouldn't be in the best shape THEY can be in". It's not about being a certain height and weight, it's about being in the physical shape they need. Not only for the uniform, but so that the girls can dance all four quarters of a football game.

i agree and somewhat disagree with their judgements on how the girls look in the uniforms sometimes. The only thing i dont like about their critique is how they seem to think all the girls need boob jobs if they arent filling out a C cup. its about the only thing i dont think sends out a good image to young girls who watch the show.

I mean...everyone knows what a DCC looks like. And I don't think the show is meant for that young of an audience considering the later time slot.
Maybe it could be me, tbh, I really need someone to explain what is the DCC look? I really do not know what the DCC girl suppose to look like...Please tell me!
I was watching this program last year because this program started in the summertime in my area and conveniently, during the time both my daughter and I were off from school and work. So, we decided to watch this program for the 1st time last year because it mentioned making of cheerleaders in the title; we were both curious and watched 2 or 3 episodes and just was not feeling the Stepford Wives tone of the program. This program seems to kill any special individuality the young women may possessed. Jmo

Last edited:
Maybe it could be me, tbh, I really need someone to explain what is the DCC look? I really do not know what the DCC girl suppose to look like...Please tell me!
I was watching this program last year because this program started in the summertime in my area and conveniently, during the time both my daughter and I were off from school and work. So, we decided to watch this program for the 1st time last year because it mentioned making of cheerleaders in the title; we were both curious and watched 2 or 3 episodes and just was not feeling the Stepford Wives tone of the program. This program seems to kill any special individuality the young women may possessed. Jmo
My guess is that it's supposed to be long-legged, thin, and at least moderately busty? With big hair (it's TX), flawless makeup, glowing smiles and tans (for girls with light skin)?

I find the whole concept fascinating, but what captured my attention was how much they had to go through for not a lot of pay out. Yes, the traveling is awesome---but let's be real, they don't make near enough money to justify the hell they are put through.

The weight comments annoy me enough that I won't let CP near that show. It'd be a long while before I ever allowed her to watch it. As an adult, they don't bother me---and age isn't exactly being very nice to Kelly, so there is some karma for ya.

I find the whole concept fascinating, but what captured my attention was how much they had to go through for not a lot of pay out. Yes, the traveling is awesome---but let's be real, they don't make near enough money to justify the hell they are put through.

The weight comments annoy me enough that I won't let CP near that show. It'd be a long while before I ever allowed her to watch it. As an adult, they don't bother me---and age isn't exactly being very nice to Kelly, so there is some karma for ya.
It's not about the money for them, it's about the experience.

Back