OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just want to know how they keep their hair and make up looking so fantastic all games and practices.

If/when I would practice or do anything cheer related with my hair down it looks like a shhhhh!t show withing 20 min
I think there is something in Texas air that acts like a force field around hair. My best hair days happened the few times I visited Texas.

Could be professional. I cheered professional football back in the day and we had stylists (hair and make-up) come in before every game to do hair touch ups and make it game ready. We had to do the basics (curl, etc.), but they took care of the rest. There is no way I could make my hair look that good for that long on my own

A lot of the time I think All Star Cheerleading is the one that should change its name - let the teams and squads that actually cheer for football and basketball teams keep the "cheerleader" name and we call ourselves something else - like All Star Stunt Tumble and Jump or something like that.
If you don't cheer, are you are cheerleader?

I've seen every season since its started. Every season is the same though, like clockwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure when I was a lurker everyone ripped you to shreds over this article where a 'plus sized' (I hate that term) girl was cut from an NFL/NBA Team. It's nothing new. These associations have a look they want their performers to adhere too and as long as girls that fit the bill apply, they will keep making these demands. I neither agree or agree with this, DCC is an institution that won't really hit the radar for my own future children. I watched a few seasons on ITVBe here in the UK. It's good background reality TV.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure when I was a lurker everyone ripped you to shreds over this article where a 'plus sized' (I hate that term) girl was cut from an NFL/NBA Team. It's nothing new. These associations have a look they want their performers to adhere too and as long as girls that fit the bill apply, they will keep making these demands. I neither agree or agree with this, DCC is an institution that won't really hit the radar for my own future children. I watched a few seasons on ITVBe here in the UK. It's good background reality TV.

...you mean attempted. And I still stand behind everything I said

These organizations have a look. They've cut people for being too thin the same way they cut people for being too big. You shouldn't audition if you can't handle to criticism that comes along with being/ attempting to be apart of the organization.

Sucks for the Madeline girl that basically was cut for not being pretty.

Last edited:
...you mean attempted. And I still stand behind everything I did

These organizations have a look. They've cut people for being too thin the same way they cut people for being too big. You shouldn't audition if you can't handle to criticism that comes along with being/ attempting to be apart of the organization.

I stand corrected, it was definitely attempted but I agree. I also agree with the parents who aren't keen to let their children watch. There is an ideal for the organisation, healthy or not. Like I said it great to paint your nails or hang your washing to lol

I stand corrected, it was definitely attempted but I agree. I also agree with the parents who aren't keen to let their children watch. There is an ideal for the organisation, healthy or not. Like I said it great to paint your nails or hang your washing to lol

My 10 year old niece doesn't watch (probably because it comes on at 11pm and she doesn't know about it to DVR it) but I would agree that it's probably not in her best interest to watch

But I also do think that their ideal for their organization is healthy for someone that participates in that type of activity. I believe a few weeks ago they told the girl with the fake British accent and elderly face that is clearly lying about her age that she was too thin for her height and that the average weight for a DCC at her height was like 135 or 145?...something they seemed relatively reasonable. They also mentioned that another girl that was shorter was around 10 lbs underweight for someone her height.

I remember in an earlier season the fitness guy out them in like a body fat chamber and explained to them that you don't have enough body fat and this clearly isn't healthy

They also always stress that these girls lose weight or gain weight in a healthy manner. And they tell them to come back next year when they feel like the goal they need to reach can't be obtained in the training camp period. They offer them nutritionist and trainers (paid for with their own money though.....just like those makeovers )

Yeah, I can see why outsiders sitting on the couch would think that these statements are mean and cruel (especially since Kelly and Judy have a no nonsense matter of fact delivery) since we're living in a society where terms like "body shaming" and "bully " are thrown out frequently, but in their own respect these girls are athletes as well as professional performers and are expected to fit that bill appearance wise.

I think it's super important that every parent decide what their child can and can not understand.

Catching up on Episode 5 now; we were out of town when it aired for CP's birthday.

My 10 year old niece doesn't watch (probably because it comes on at 11pm and she doesn't know about it to DVR it) but I would agree that it's probably not in her best interest to watch

But I also do think that their ideal for their organization is healthy for someone that participates in that type of activity. I believe a few weeks ago they told the girl with the fake British accent and elderly face that is clearly lying about her age that she was too thin for her height and that the average weight for a DCC at her height was like 135 or 145?...something they seemed relatively reasonable. They also mentioned that another girl that was shorter was around 10 lbs underweight for someone her height.

I remember in an earlier season the fitness guy out them in like a body fat chamber and explained to them that you don't have enough body fat and this clearly isn't healthy

They also always stress that these girls lose weight or gain weight in a healthy manner. And they tell them to come back next year when they feel like the goal they need to reach can't be obtained in the training camp period. They offer them nutritionist and trainers (paid for with their own money though.....just like those makeovers )

Yeah, I can see why outsiders sitting on the couch would think that these statements are mean and cruel (especially since Kelly and Judy have a no nonsense matter of fact delivery) since we're living in a society where terms like "body shaming" and "bully " are thrown out frequently, but in their own respect these girls are athletes as well as professional performers and are expected to fit that bill appearance wise.

I do think that, at least on the surface, they encourage them to lose or gain in a healthy way, but I also think they encourage "enhancements" to fit the look as well. They also cut girls for things they cannot change without surgery like facial features, leg length, and overall body type. I do think they they signed up for that kind of scrutiny, and knew what they were getting into, but I don't want my kid to get the message that those are reasonable standards for acceptable female beauty because they just aren't. I don't let her watch, but I think it's fine for an adult who understands that. I worry however, about teens getting the message that the only way to make it in this industry is to fit that standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow Megan...I don't even have words for that awkwardness. They should have cut her on the spot.

Rose, imo, needed to go last week and same for Meredith. I think it's very different to be the best in your mom's studio and then go off and be the small fish in a bigger pond.

I want to love Shelby for her AS cheer link, but I think quitting her job was the most ridiculous thing she could have done and I don't see it paying off.

I do think that, at least on the surface, they encourage them to lose or gain in a healthy way, but I also think they encourage "enhancements" to fit the look as well. They also cut girls for things they cannot change without surgery like facial features, leg length, and overall body type. I do think they they signed up for that kind of scrutiny, and knew what they were getting into, but I don't want my kid to get the message that those are reasonable standards for acceptable female beauty because they just aren't. I don't let her watch, but I think it's fine for an adult who understands that. I worry however, about teens getting the message that the only way to make it in this industry is to fit that standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite from last season got cut for having stumpy legs and not looking good in the uniform, Vivian Ralena. It sucked, but it is what it is.

I believe someone mentioned in an earlier post something about cup size. In 10 seasons I can't personally recall them cutting someone for being too busty or not busty enough (I particularly remember that convo with Jinelle from Australia). They always tell them them the right kind of bra to wear during the uniform sizing (padded or not padded because "the top has plenty of lift"). I've never seen them on camera encourage plastic surgery

Side note. The most disappointing thing about the process is that they consider a variety of hair color "diversity" and nothing else.

...you mean attempted. And I still stand behind everything I did

It's tough but I agree.

I do feel a little bit bad for the naive young candidate who probably is in her best shape but is cut for figure.

However, I do not understand the veterans who come into auditions like 30 pounds heavier.

Ex: whatever season that was when Kelly pulled like 4 veterans to discuss weight, then they seemed taken aback.

I didn't understand that so much because you know what the expectations are.

Ex: I work in a school with certain dress expectations. I cannot be taken aback when my admins call me aside to discuss my zebra print midriff top.

Last edited:
Back