OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think that a great deal of the "on the bubble" girls make it based on LOOKS.

Example: Suzy has failed at the jump split every time and they are always commenting on memory issues. She miraculously makes the cut.

Why? Because there aren't any redheads on the team and the fans need at least one pretty redhead. She is lacking in dance but they take the chance because she is pretty, has red hair, and can hold a decently intelligent conversation with fans/staff/etc.

I sometimes read a DCC forum, apparently there's all kinds of favouritism. A girl a few seasons ago had memorization problems but allegedly made the team because she had lessons with Kitty for years and was one of her favourites. I don't know for certain if it's true, but honestly it would not surprise me.

I definitely think this happens.

The season that Judy's daughter tried out, didn't she (Cassie) make a mistake and still make training camp?

I remember she texted her mom something like "Sorry mom. I really blew it" but then magically made training camp and subsequently, the team.

The season that Judy's daughter tried out, didn't she (Cassie) make a mistake and still make training camp?

I remember she texted her mom something like "Sorry mom. I really blew it" but then magically made training camp and subsequently, the team.

Yeah, Cassie messed up a lot but from what was shown on the show so did a bunch of other girl's. Though I don't think, if Cassie wasn't Judy's daughter, she would have ever made the DCC---to me, she has never looked DCC.

I don't know if anyone is curious about Jasmine, the DCC vet, formerly NY Jets (with Danielle) that was cut this season due to her struggle audition, but she popped up on the explore page on Instagram (or whatever it's currently called) so I clicked and saw that she's now a training camp candidate for the Golden State Warriors.

I don't know how these twenty-somethings manage to travel around the nation to dance professionally for sports teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that a great deal of the "on the bubble" girls make it based on LOOKS.

Example: Suzy has failed at the jump split every time and they are always commenting on memory issues. She miraculously makes the cut.

Why? Because there aren't any redheads on the team and the fans need at least one pretty redhead. She is lacking in dance but they take the chance because she is pretty, has red hair, and can hold a decently intelligent conversation with fans/staff/etc.
Plus, I wouldn't put it past the producers to actually have some of the girls pretend to be struggling, just to create conflict and keep the viewers drawn in.

Holly definitely made an impression but there's another rookie, which they have barely showed, that seems AMAZING. She's not getting enough air time. No idea what her name is :(

Holly definitely made an impression but there's another rookie, which they have barely showed, that seems AMAZING. She's not getting enough air time. No idea what her name is :(

Perhaps Amy T? She's the super smart one from Missouri who has the patent for the spinal surgery. She also made show group and otherwise seems amazing, but got very little air time once they got to training camp.

I don't know if anyone is curious about Jasmine, the DCC vet, formerly NY Jets (with Danielle) that was cut this season due to her struggle audition, but she popped up on the explore page on Instagram (or whatever it's currently called) so I clicked and saw that she's now a training camp candidate for the Golden State Warriors.

I don't know how these twenty-somethings manage to travel around the nation to dance professionally for sports teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a really good question!

Perhaps Amy T? She's the super smart one from Missouri who has the patent for the spinal surgery. She also made show group and otherwise seems amazing, but got very little air time once they got to training camp.

That is a really good question!

No, I found her name, I was thinking about Robin. Not sure if she also made show group..

No, I found her name, I was thinking about Robin. Not sure if she also made show group..

No, she didn't and I was kinda surprised. Megan, Amy T, and Holly P were the only rookies to make show group.

I've wondered how they decide who they are going to focus on. I agree, I've seen some excellent rookies who are never on the screen unless it is in a larger group with the ones they are focusing on.

@ErinS They must have families supporting their dream. There is no other way.

No, she didn't and I was kinda surprised. Megan, Amy T, and Holly P were the only rookies to make show group.
Thanks for the info. Well yeah, a little surprised too.. Amy has not made an impact for me (as I barely recognize her haha).

@CheerBank I wonder so much. I would like some kind of season show, like behind the scenes during special performances or when they are traveling. I watched a performance from October last year and I'd love to know how the girls could toss and do pyramids.

I've wondered how they decide who they are going to focus on. I agree, I've seen some excellent rookies who are never on the screen unless it is in a larger group with the ones they are focusing on.

@ErinS They must have families supporting their dream. There is no other way.

This is my guess. Or, if they're still in school, potentially living off student loans. Wouldn't be the smartest move, but I could see it happening.

I wonder that too, there are a handful of this year's rookies that I couldn't name if I tried and I feel like most of those who got some focus have been sent home.

I've wondered how they decide who they are going to focus on. I agree, I've seen some excellent rookies who are never on the screen unless it is in a larger group.

Yes. There is one rookie who is excellent but she has been mentioned maybe once on camera.

I don't know her name but she is Black and has the natural/curly hair/weave?

Thanks for the info. Well yeah, a little surprised too.. Amy has not made an impact for me (as I barely recognize her haha).

@CheerBank I wonder so much. I would like some kind of season show, like behind the scenes during special performances or when they are traveling. I watched a performance from October last year and I'd love to know how the girls could toss and do pyramids.
You mean the Nfinity-sponsored performance? I'm pretty sure that they just bring in college cheerleaders. I don't think the team's insurance covers injuries sustained while tumbling and stunting.

Back