OT Dance Moms Season 2.5!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone else think Chloe has a much brighter future in dance than Maddie does! Just looking at the 2 of them, Chloe has more grace, not to mention a dancers body! Maddie has the same facial expression, no matter what she is dancing. She does have good technique, but IMO, When Chloe dances, you can hardly take your eyes off her, she looks so graceful and beautiful!

I finally got a chance to watch this week's episode and wow....Melissa is a bigger B* then Brigette from Miami! At least Bridgette used the moms to get what she wanted for Lucas, if I recall she never threw a kid under the bus like Melissa did to Chloe.
I applaud Maddie for walking out when Melissa started in! Abby gets Chloe and Maddie's dynamic...that's why she feeds it. It is obvious the girls love each other...Chloe was waiting in the wings for her when she finished her solo and walked back to the room with her hand in hand. The directors are trying to cause this "rivalry" between the girls that is not happening.
Oh and Kelly isn't going anywhere...she has been at that studio since Abby's mother opened it. They should have picked one of the other moms to do that storyline with. I don't even think paige and brooke were supposed to dance (or maybe they did) because neither one seemed very heartbroken that the announcer was calling their name.
I can honestly say though that Chloe is a better dancer then Maddie. I think the only reason she placed higher was because her music skipped and sh kept going.
Well, actually, Bridgette said to Debi, "IF MY KID GOT FOURTH I'D BE EMBARRASSED!" So yeah, she did throw someone under the bus.

Chloe is, actually, more technically advanced than Maddie. It is blatant that Maddie got brownie points for the skipping music.

Is anyone else thinking the Drama is getting a bit ridiculous?

I don't know if its just because the season has been going on for awhile now and I'm getting over the drama, or the are just finding the littlest thing to complain about now. but everything little thing seems to be this huge thing.

I love the drama, it makes the shows. breaks up the dancing enough, but not to much. but its getting to the point where i'm shouting at the TV "Just let her dance!"

but anyways. I Love how adorable Nia was in this episode, she was so excited to be on the second row of the pyramid so cute

Is anyone else thinking the Drama is getting a bit ridiculous?

I don't know if its just because the season has been going on for awhile now and I'm getting over the drama, or the are just finding the littlest thing to complain about now. but everything little thing seems to be this huge thing.

I love the drama, it makes the shows. breaks up the dancing enough, but not to much. but its getting to the point where i'm shouting at the TV "Just let her dance!"

but anyways. I Love how adorable Nia was in this episode, she was so excited to be on the second row of the pyramid so cute

I'm just tired of the mom's constantly whining about how Abbie is out to get their daughters. Kelly's always whining about Brook and Paige, Christie is always whining about Chloe, ugh.

I was watching in bed with my boyfriend, and he commented that Mackenzie always gets crapped on like she's this immature, terrible little dancer who can't remember anything, and then she manages to bust it out in the routine (he's seen a few episodes). Good for her, she's such a cutie.

I'm sure this is what cheer mom's sound like when they don't have anything else in common (and I know I tend to spend a lot of time with my teammates b****ing about other people or our coach, but I don't want to see a reality show of it!

I was watching in bed with my boyfriend, and he commented that Mackenzie always gets crapped on like she's this immature, terrible little dancer who can't remember anything, and then she manages to bust it out in the routine (he's seen a few episodes). Good for her, she's such a cutie.

Mackenzie is amazing at acro tricks. Abby has said it before and you can see it each time she has a solo she improves so much.
Maddie always does Lyrical, Brook always does Acro, Paige always does Jazz. why does Abby always insist on her getting better in other styles when she is just amazing at work she obviously loves.
yes she still needs to work on other styles, but she is going to be an amazing tumbler!

Mackenzie is amazing at acro tricks. Abby has said it before and you can see it each time she has a solo she improves so much.
Maddie always does Lyrical, Brook always does Acro, Paige always does Jazz. why does Abby always insist on her getting better in other styles when she is just amazing at work she obviously loves.
yes she still needs to work on other styles, but she is going to be an amazing tumbler!

She should be forcing them outside of their comfort zones occasionally. Don't give her anything but acro if it's a really important competition, but that's how you get better. There are things I'm good at at work, but if I don't do other things (things that someone else in my group could get done a lot faster), I'm not going to get any better.

She should be forcing them outside of their comfort zones occasionally. Don't give her anything but acro if it's a really important competition, but that's how you get better. There are things I'm good at at work, but if I don't do other things (things that someone else in my group could get done a lot faster), I'm not going to get any better.

that is true, but if a dancer wants to do a certain style you have to let them. Yes she needs to learn other styles to get better, but if that style is what she is good at and what she loves you can't say anything against that.
instead of just continuing telling her to get into ballet class maybe it would be better to find a way to get her to love Ballet more so she is more likely to practice that. telling a child point blank to do something only goes so far if they are interested in doing something else

I do think Chloe is a better dancer than Maddie. I would love for Angel/Victor to get a hold of her. I think Maddie is a good performer, if Chloe would get a little more confident i think she will be fabulous. I wish Kelly would just let it go sometimes and let her kids dance. Clearly screaming at Abbey isn't changing anything so let your kids dance. I never really had feelings about Melissa one way or another but after the episode where she acted like a brat because Maddie didn't get a solo and she told Abbey Chloe went to the movies..she's at the bottom of the pyramid for me...classless!

Mackenzie only does acro solos because she didn't even want to dance this year, she just wanted to take tumbling classes at the studio. since the show got renewed for a second season she kind of had to dance and for that reason when she does solos Abby gives her acro solos because that is what she loves to do.

that is true, but if a dancer wants to do a certain style you have to let them. Yes she needs to learn other styles to get better, but if that style is what she is good at and what she loves you can't say anything against that.
instead of just continuing telling her to get into ballet class maybe it would be better to find a way to get her to love Ballet more so she is more likely to practice that. telling a child point blank to do something only goes so far if they are interested in doing something else
A dancer may want to do a certain style, but as a parent, you have to force them to do other styles...I know when my daughter was 10, she only wanted to do jazz/lyrical/acro routines , because those styles, are her strong point. She knew she would always place top 3 and win titles with those styles. It was me, as her mom, who also said, you have to do a tap & ballet solo, as well as jazz/lyrical/acro routines, she wanted to do. She didn't want to do them, but now years later, she agrees it made her a better dancer. And about 60% of the time , her ballet solo, placed higher and titled over her jazz solo. It's up to the teacher and mom to push their dancer out of a certain style and force them to try different styles. Abby may think she's hurting Nia and Chloe,by switching them, between styles, but she is actually helping them. With them being able to switch between lyrical to jazz to acro, every week shows how strong of a dancer those two are. Abby is actually hurting Maddie, more then helping her...With Maddie's dances, which are great, you can pretty much except a different costume and different music,but the same choreograph. Melissa, just wants a win for her kid,so she doesn't she the damage going on. If Maddie was my kid, I would say ,no more lyricals. Do more jazz, tap, acro solos with her, take her out of her confront zone and let her get top 10 or top 20 or not even places! Let her not get first and let her know it's okay to not always place top 3, and stop making excuses! They are hurting that little girl, more than they realize. Her breakdown durning the season finale, sent off warning bells for me. She is going to have a hard time accepting positive critique, if Abbby/Gia and Melissa, don't stop telling her she's the best dancer of the world and makes no mistakes...

Back