All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this... maybe it is. Anyway, I was approached by a small bow company - if you could call it that - and was asked to sign bows with my gym's name on them. I looked at the company's instagram to see their bows and surprisingly I saw many cheerleaders who actually agreed to signing the bows. Many of whom I consider to be "full of themselves" and make every effort to promote themselves and get followers, whatever it takes. My question is, don't these kids realize that's illegal? Throwing your gym's logo on a bow and signing it without going through your gym probably isn't the smartest thing to do...

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this... maybe it is. Anyway, I was approached by a small bow company - if you could call it that - and was asked to sign bows with my gym's name on them. I looked at the company's instagram to see their bows and surprisingly I saw many cheerleaders who actually agreed to signing the bows. Many of whom I consider to be "full of themselves" and make every effort to promote themselves and get followers, whatever it takes. My question is, don't these kids realize that's illegal? Throwing your gym's logo on a bow and signing it without going through your gym probably isn't the smartest thing to do...
I think I know who you're talking about.... Are most of them from the same gym?

Oh. Well I guess there are multiple companies doing this :/ I don't know how they're getting away with it? Unless their logo isn't trademarked I guess, would that make it legal?
I believe the one you're talking about is not actually using the gym's logos

*hunt down*
ygevesy8.jpg

ETA: this is not the company who approached me, just putting that out there.

I believe the one you're talking about is not actually using the gym's logos
I don't think the one I thought you were talking about was, but I've seen a couple others. Although its usually 1 or two bows, but some companies have a ton of "cheerlebrity" bows (like the one I was talking about, but they don't use logos).

A lot of bow companies are putting logos and names of programs on bows so the kids will be more apt to purchase them at competitions, I am surprised more gyms have not contacted those bow companies. I know that I would not be happy about it and I would expect part of the money earned.

Randy from ACX posted a video talking about a recent competition he attended. He said there was a bow vendor at Spirit of Hope selling bows with logos of the teams who were competing that weekend. He got wind of it and confronted them and they took the ACX bows off the market. He passed the word along to other gyms who got theirs taken down as well. I'm not sure of their name so I can't tell you if it was the same company or not but this seems to be an ongoing problem.

*hunt down*
ygevesy8.jpg

Then why blast the name? Out of kindness? Help promoting her business? That's sweet of you.

You're barking up the wrong tree with this one- badtothebows is owned by Kathie , her son is on Coed Elite, her oldest was on SE, and her youngest YE and I'm not sure what other team, but I highly doubt it's not approved by Betsy, since Kathie made all of our team bows this year.

I'm not entirely sure, but part of the money could go to help the athlete's expenses.

And yes I realize that you said that's not the company that approached you, but it's the one you chose to use as an example apparently....

Then why blast the name? Out of kindness? Help promoting her business? That's sweet of you.

You're barking up the wrong tree with this one- badtothebows is owned by Kathie Lukens, her son Jordan is on Coed Elite, her oldest was on SE, and her youngest YE and I'm not sure what other team, but I highly doubt it's not approved by Betsy, since Kathie made all of our team bows this year.

I'm not entirely sure, but part of the money could go to help the athlete's expenses.

And yes I realize that you said that's not the company that approached you, but it's the one you chose to use as an example apparently....
She's posting it because it's a bow designed to "go around competitions to hunt down your favorite cheerlebrities and have them sign your autographing bow"
Since this thread is about the dangers of being a "cheerlebrity" and this is something that encourages it... which we've discussed.... it's not about Holden holding it (hehe), it's about what the bow was designed for. This is encouraging kids to "hunt" cheerlebrities down.

She's posting it because it's a bow designed to "go around competitions to hunt down your favorite cheerlebrities and have them sign your autographing bow"
Since this thread is about the dangers of being a "cheerlebrity" and this is something that encourages it... which we've discussed.... it's not about Holden holding it (hehe), it's about what the bow was designed for. This is encouraging kids to "hunt" cheerlebrities down.
Sure... she mentioned nothing of the sort. She wasn't even sure where to post it. I read what she said. It was more about the bow company using gym logos illegally, then posted a company who makes bows-but says that's not who she was approached by (along with the words "hunt down"). Please. :rolleyes:
Not trying to be mean- but it could be slanderous to post the name of a company and accuse them of something potentially illegal (the logos). That's NOT what her company is for (to hunt "cheerlebrities" down at comps). You order the signed bows from her.

Again-barking up the wrong tree w/this particular one. Not sure about the other companies bc I WON'T speculate on who's doing something illegal unless I know for a fact.

*hunt down*
ygevesy8.jpg

hmm, i don't like the part "Go around the competitions to hunt down your favorite cheerlebrities and have them sign your autographing bow!" i know it's just words but the interpretation of it could be positive or negative... (it's a little bit scary i think)

I'm pretty sure she said "hunt down" above the picture...it may not be illegal but that is encouraging kids to stalk cheerlebrities to sign a bow and that's something I don't agree with.

I'm sorry it happened to be a mom from your program but really who advertises to "hunt down" someone? It's a very real problem and vendors like that are encouraging it.

Back