All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sure... she mentioned nothing of the sort. She wasn't even sure where to post it. I read what she said. It was more about the bow company using gym logos illegally, then posted a company who makes bows-but says that's not who she was approached by (along with the words "hunt down"). Please. :rolleyes:
Not trying to be mean- but it could be slanderous to post the name of a company and accuse them of something potentially illegal (the logos). That's NOT what her company is for (to hunt "cheerlebrities" down at comps). You order the signed bows from her.

Again-barking up the wrong tree w/this particular one. Not sure about the other companies bc I WON'T speculate on who's doing something illegal unless I know for a fact.

Whoa there, claws. Obviously, in the pic, she's making the point that it references the EXACT words Kathy or Betty or whatever said - "HUNT DOWN YOUR FAVORITE CHEERLEBRITIES." krystynakrez put in asterisks *hunt down.* She made a totally valid point about the bow-maker's use of the words "hunt down." Whether you feel like she's made of sunshine and flowers is irrelevant. Whether she made program bows for God's angels in Heaven is irrelevant. She used the words "hunt down," and that was the point she was making.

Sure... she mentioned nothing of the sort. She wasn't even sure where to post it. I read what she said. It was more about the bow company using gym logos illegally, then posted a company who makes bows-but says that's not who she was approached by (along with the words "hunt down"). Please. :rolleyes:
Not trying to be mean- but it could be slanderous to post the name of a company and accuse them of something potentially illegal (the logos). That's NOT what her company is for (to hunt "cheerlebrities" down at comps). You order the signed bows from her.

Again-barking up the wrong tree w/this particular one. Not sure about the other companies bc I WON'T speculate on who's doing something illegal unless I know for a fact.
The words "hunt down" were quoting the caption of the photo...?Not referring to anything else.
She NEVER accused them of using the logos. She specifically said that they weren't the company using logos, and just because she was talking about a bow company and then brought up another bow company, doesn't mean she's implying that it was them.
You can order signed bows from her, but this specific bow isn't pre-signed. you buy it and get it signed by people. That's why a sharpie is included... It's not slanderous, she's not accusing them of anything illegal, just pointing out the cheerlebrity aspect which they're promoting.

Then why blast the name? Out of kindness? Help promoting her business? That's sweet of you.

You're barking up the wrong tree with this one- badtothebows is owned by Kathie Lukens, her son Jordan is on Coed Elite, her oldest was on SE, and her youngest YE and I'm not sure what other team, but I highly doubt it's not approved by Betsy, since Kathie made all of our team bows this year.

I'm not entirely sure, but part of the money could go to help the athlete's expenses.

And yes I realize that you said that's not the company that approached you, but it's the one you chose to use as an example apparently....
First of all... I am VERY good friends with her son. I am not slandering his name, his mother's name, or Cheer Extreme at all. Did I say anything bad about the company? No. I used the CAPTION as an example of how the craze of cheerlebrities is getting out of hand. Did I say something derogatory about Holden? Nope.

If this company was run by someone else would you have had the same reaction? Just a thought...

To be fair, the Facebook description does say that it comes with a sharpie so you can hunt down your favorite cheerlebrities.
Oh well if she has a fb page for her company that says that, my sincere apologies. Does anyone happen to have a link to her fb bc I can't seem to find it?

I'm pretty sure she said "hunt down" above the picture...it may not be illegal but that is encouraging kids to stalk cheerlebrities to sign a bow and that's something I don't agree with.

I'm sorry it happened to be a mom from your program but really who advertises to "hunt down" someone? It's a very real problem and vendors like that are encouraging it.
I thought the OP used the words *hunt down* in astericks just like that in a different manner- like "hunt down" the company who originally approached her. My apologies. However, the main issue I had a problem with still stands, the illegal use of gym logos (which was the main point of her original post) and THAT is completely presumptuous and untrue- so I still stand by my correct statement about that part and apologize for misinterpreting that part.

First of all... I am VERY good friends with Jordan Lukens. I am not slandering his name, his mother's name, or Cheer Extreme at all. Did I say anything bad about the company? No. I used the CAPTION as an example of how the craze of cheerlebrities is getting out of hand. Did I say something derogatory about Holden? Nope.

If this company was run by someone else would you have had the same reaction? Just a thought...

That's a dumb question. If I PERSONALLY knew the owner of the company and knew that they had permission to use the logos, then YES I would. Wouldn't you?

You also insinuated that, and I noticed despite the fact that I apologized for the misunderstanding of your wording, apparently it's ok for you to let that slide. I realize that you said (as I acknowledged from the very beginning) that's not the gym that approached you, but you did post that right after your whole comment about certain cheerlebrities being full of themselves, a specific instagram, etc.

Why not actually post pic of the instagram of the company and people doing it if that was your original intention? Since you and others are insinuating that was your original intent (despite it not being the subject of your original post). Because that was your first post about bows if I'm not mistaken. If you are VERY good friends with Jordan, why put his mother on blast (bc I just really read the entire comment from badtothebows about "hunt down"-which again, for the 3rd time I believe, I apologized for) and not the other company...just out of curiosity?

I realize not everyone agrees w/the whole cheerlebrity thing, but I also think most people know CSP's stance on it (as I believe it's been posted in this thread by someone else-copied from her fb I believe) and weather you agree or not, that's her personally philosophy. I'm not saying (or expecting anyone to agree), but I'm still confused why you didn't choose to out the other company.

After already apologizing for my part in the misunderstanding (the wording of your "hunt down" and Kathie's choice of using that wording- I completely missed that part or else I would not have even mentioned it-just saw your OP and then that one and assumed you were talking about the gym w/logos, since that was what your OP was about), how can you honestly expect me not to think that you weren't trying to put them on blast or mean it in any type of "derogatory" way? Considering I completely misunderstood the second aspect of your second post, looking back it does seem kind of mean spirited for someone w/whom you are VERY good friends and for not actually outing the other gym mentioned in your OP.

Whoa there, claws. Obviously, in the pic, she's making the point that it references the EXACT words Kathy or Betty or whatever said - "HUNT DOWN YOUR FAVORITE CHEERLEBRITIES." krystynakrez put in asterisks *hunt down.* She made a totally valid point about the bow-maker's use of the words "hunt down." Whether you feel like she's made of sunshine and flowers is irrelevant. Whether she made program bows for God's angels in Heaven is irrelevant. She used the words "hunt down," and that was the point she was making.
Just saw this and already addressed my apologies for the misinterpretation. I completely agree w/the bolded. The second point you made though, I see differently as that was not what she posted in her OP. My original point about the logos is that she has permission from the owner, so that is relevant to that aspect. See my above posts so I'm don't continue to be redundant. But, yes I do agree w/your bolded statement regarding the "hunt down" your fav cheerlebrity thing.

Actually we are no longer affiliated w/CEA at the moment. Would you not have said anything if it was a PERSON (not a gym) you actually knew had permission?
Permission for what? Nobody needed permission to make a plain bow with no names/logos on it, for kids to get signed

*hunt down*
ygevesy8.jpg

ETA: this is not the company who approached me, just putting that out there.
Clearly PART OF THE PROBLEM...regardless of what CSP thinks is ok for her image and athletes...IT IS NOT ok for all athletes and this add doesn't discriminate. So if this IS approved by CEA because Holden is in he image (NOTE he is NOT wearing a CEA uniform - thus did CEA even need to approve the appearance?) then the bow should be sold within the CEA gym and not promoted where other athletes could be "hounded.

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this... maybe it is. Anyway, I was approached by a small bow company - if you could call it that - and was asked to sign bows with my gym's name on them. I looked at the company's instagram to see their bows and surprisingly I saw many cheerleaders who actually agreed to signing the bows. Many of whom I consider to be "full of themselves" and make every effort to promote themselves and get followers, whatever it takes. My question is, don't these kids realize that's illegal? Throwing your gym's logo on a bow and signing it without going through your gym probably isn't the smartest thing to do...
I have permission from a certain cheerlebrity to use her name to sell bows and I just can't do it. But the company you are referring to has taken away a lot of business from other bow companies. I get the impression they have permission to do so. In addition, they have contacted who they feel are CHEERLEBRITIES to do bows for them. Take a stand and don't do it. If you do it, it will never stop.

Randy from ACX posted a video talking about a recent competition he attended. He said there was a bow vendor at Spirit of Hope selling bows with logos of the teams who were competing that weekend. He got wind of it and confronted them and they took the ACX bows off the market. He passed the word along to other gyms who got theirs taken down as well. I'm not sure of their name so I can't tell you if it was the same company or not but this seems to be an ongoing problem.
As soon as we saw a kid with a keychain or something with our program logo we were like.... What?! The kids were all excited they could get the logo on anything they wanted... My DH and I's first question was whether our owners knew about it, they should've stormed right down there with Randy if they weren't getting a cut of the sales.

Back