All-Star Does Anybody Travel Out Of State To Get To Their Cheer Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i heard about this. thats crazy!
does he really fly in for every practice or does he only come like once a month? can't imagine how much that would cost
I think he comes on the weekends and stays with someone on cheetahs

There are quite a few people that fly to CA this year. I believe there are 3 athletes that fly in to tx that are on Cheetahs. & there's Several athletes that are on wildcats, panthers, ladykatz & swoosh that drive hours just to be apart of it.
This will be my second year driving & having to fly in when I go home for the holidays. It's a sacrifice, but CA makes me so happy :)

Our Naugatuck gym (USA Wildcats) has a girl drive in from MA & another girl from NY .. They are both right over the boarder but it still is over an hour drive!!!! One of the girls practice starts @ 5:30 so I'm sure you can imagine rush hour traffic through the capital city!! Last year we had a girl come from UCONN 3 days a week which was about an hr. & a 1/2 ride.. No 3 hour drives but still outta state!!

My CP is on Cali LG Coed and we commute from Phoenix, Az. which is about 5-6 hour. I drive her out there 1-2 times a month then flies the other weekends. Not only is her schedule crazy but so is mine. She is going to public school till semester ends then going to do online school so that she can be more flexible. We're lucky my niece lives in SD so she stays with her. I have to say its a sacrifice but one worth making. She loves her team and her new gym family.

Usually the people who fly in work out some kind of deal. They most times only attend one practice a week and fly on really cheap airlines. I remember discussing with Sharity's family when she commuted from Florida to NC to be on Senior Elite (before she moved up with a host family) they flew from small airports on cheap airlines and only paid like 100 dollars a week for round trip

Currently drive a little over 2 hrs each way 2x's a week for CP. If extra practices added on weekend will ship out by bus or train but if extra weeknight practices are scheduled then will make the drive.

Major props to parents who can find the time and gas money to do this. DH has already said "don't even think about it" when friends of ours with older cps starting driving to WC from Long Island this season.

I live in NJ, my old gym that I was with for 3 years was in PA. It was only 45 minutes from my house though. My new gym is in NJ but it takes a little over an hour to get to.

Last season there were 2 girls on my team who crossed the border from the United States to Canada twice a week to practice. They didn't live very far from the border, so it wasn't a long commute.

Back