All-Star Espn U Worlds Coverage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They need a 2 hour show or 2 different shows like NCA did... They have plenty of money... I know they can do it...

I wish they would have shown IOC5 instead of IOC6. I understood why they did last year because of the Bangkok thing, but this year that division was really a dud. IOC5 was a fight between the top 3 teams. I knew IO5 would get shown because they were in Jostens, but it would have been awesome to see because not only did Pink have the high score of the competition but the 2nd place team was a non-US team. If CBS/Fox covered it then there would be a huge chance that there would be 2 different shows so more divisions would get seen.

I thought for sure small & medium coed would be covered. no offense against small senior (love that division), but to just pick basically 2 divisions and show the top 10 teams is a little crazy. like someone else suggested show small clips of the top 3 in each division and everyone would be happy. how hard is that to figure out.....:rolleyes:

personally, i think they should show more than an hour (hello, this is a way to boost ratings espn) and do the top 3 teams in each division! granted, getting on tv is not the point of worlds, but for the teams that place top 3, being able to watch yourself from an outsiders point of view, as your name is announced, has probably got to be one of the best feelings in the world!

someone recorded my team during awards to find out if we qualified for state, and the emotion and the excitement that took place in those 5 minutes was something i watch over and over, so i can relive the moment, and the feeling...i can only image the feeling being on the worlds stage, and i would want to be able to see that over and over again!

I don't really see wanting experianced announcers and top teams in each division as unreasonable expectations..

Each half hour has about 22 minutes of show. Including announcements and what not that prob leaves about 17-18 minutes for routines. Routines are 2:30 minutes. Including intro and outro that is about 4 minutes each for a full routine. That means enough for 4 full routines every half hour. 8 routines an hour.

I was about to bash coverage also, but everyone else has already done a good job thus far! Most cheerleading show coverage for All-star I've seen doesn't do the sport justice. Although IMO CBS does a good job so far from what I saw! I did watch it this morning and my wife told everyone she knows to watch and I did warn her that I don't think they will show much because I too did a similar hour show breakdown like kingston did above before it aired. I then watched as my angry wife had to try to explain to her family and friends that what they saw wasn't a good representation of what she actually witnessed while being at Worlds! So I kindly erased the show and will just go back to us watching any team we want from the video on demand plugged into our wide screen!! Some day I hope the coverage will be as great as the sport is!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you do, your daughters 3rd place team highlighted nicely.

Not trying to be rude, but you've been on the other side of the coin & you don't like it.

I know you reasonably well so I don't think you are trying to be rude, but I don't think you can find a time where I was upset about being on the other side of the coin.

In fact if you look at any history of my posts I don't pull for or against any athlete/team/program. What I am for is people in this sport who are positive and supportive of each other. What I am against is people being negative to others for things they have no control over.

We don't know who made the decision for what teams, divisions got highlighted so we shouldn't speculate too much and we shouldn't take away from the kids who were fortunate to be highlighted.

ETA: Yes I was delighted my daughter got a closeup. I hope I didn't come across as gloating or that didn't offend anyone and if it did I apologize.

Back