All-Star "ethnic Hair" Cheer Hair Issues...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my girls had ethnic hair and one didn't. We struggled one week the coach wanted it straight the next curly another teased. After just a couple of months her hair became damaged. The flat iron had her ends fried and all that product was just too much. Pulling it back she had so much brakage. I made the decision at that time to just do what I felt was best for my cp. I decided using a hair peice for straight days and natural curls for curly days. She didn't need to match the rest of the team to perform well and we were all happier.
With coaches not knowing how to do ethic hair, I think they just assume that our cps' hair is just like the other girls hair, when it is nothing like it. We as parents have to do what's best for our girls and let the coaches know what we will and won't do to our girls hair. Kudos to you for protecting your cp's hair! :)

I Just want to say My3KidsMom daughters hair is so pretty. If I just kind of comb my cp's hair out it usually just separates her curls but it looks so bad
4434bad5-8c92-d1d2.jpg

Now this pic was like at 11at night one night so it did look better then that for the most part but I just struggle getting her hair to look so cute, perfect, and natural down!

I Just want to say My3KidsMom daughters hair is so pretty. If I just kind of comb my cp's hair out it usually just separates her curls but it looks so bad
Now this pic was like at 11at night one night so it did look better then that for the most part but I just struggle getting her hair to look so cute, perfect, and natural down!

Your daughter is adorable. Are her curls soft or coarse? If they're soft curls I have a few tips. I used to nanny for a little girl with beautiful soft ringlets...if done right. It was a fro if done incorrectly so her mom made sure I learned how to do her hair properly.

I washed her hair with a normal shampoo. Then I conditioned it and left the conditioner in while I washed her body and let her play (so for a few minutes). Comb the conditioner through with a wide toothed comb and rinse it out. Towel dry but pat don't rub. Apply a leave in conditioner, a spray root booster and an anti humidity gel. (This family swears by the Ouidad brand from Sephora) DON'T comb again.

I have stick straight hair so this was all new to me but it made her hair beautiful.

Your daughter is adorable. Are her curls soft or coarse? If they're soft curls I have a few tips. I used to nanny for a little girl with beautiful soft ringlets...if done right. It was a fro if done incorrectly so her mom made sure I learned how to do her hair properly.

I washed her hair with a normal shampoo. Then I conditioned it and left the conditioner in while I washed her body and let her play (so for a few minutes). Comb the conditioner through with a wide toothed comb and rinse it out. Towel dry but pat don't rub. Apply a leave in conditioner, a spray root booster and an anti humidity gel. (This family swears by the Ouidad brand from Sephora) DON'T comb again.

I have stick straight hair so this was all new to me but it made her hair beautiful.

Do you remember the name of the anti humidity gel? I have curly hair and it looks nice for a little, but when the humidity hits it becomes total crap.

4434bad5-8c92-d1d2.jpg

Thanks, it took her a long time to embrace the natural curls and we have been back and forth with it. She still does not take care of it the way she should but it is a work in progress so I can't be picky lol. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous and has beautiful hair as well. I tell you it's like trial and error with their hair and eventually you find something that works :)

Back