All-Star "ethnic Hair" Cheer Hair Issues...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of cousre! Once youve flat ironed the hair, you wanna wrap it, and put a scarf on over night. Like, brush all of you hair in one direction, starting from the front of your hair where your bangs are. Its really hard to explain, it would be much easier if i could show you. Im sure there are tons of videos on youtube that show how to wrap your hair. It really helps! I promise!
Thank you sooooo MUCH. Printing it out and making it part of our "how to" hair day!

n567530600_3534439_1677.jpg

This is before it grew so it's even "bigger" now, don't think it would be safe to let it fly lol

267761_1972228578379_1022962639_31856427_7971007_n.jpg

Recent picture, no matter what it's work lol

She's got "good hair"!!

xxcheer77xx said:
I have really curly hair so when I have to straighten it I use 3 day straight Frizz Ease by John Frida, it works WONDERS when I have to cheer at a game. There was one game where it was raining and I had my hair up in a pony tail. I took it down the next day and it was still stick straight, no bumps or anything.

Seriously?

make sure your hair is moisterized before you curl it (oil sheen, etc.)

if you can maybe look into fake ponies. just make sure you secure them correctly !

okay my moms decided to give in and buy me curl formers, can you tell me what color will give me a nice spiral curl for my hair , my hair goes to the middle of my back right at bra strap line. I want the perfect cheer curl like f5s and others.. green and blue or orange and pink any pics would be great to show results of wich color thanks girls

For those with ethnic hair that's curly, and wavy I used
Waveneuvau (it's in the teal bottle) and for spray I used scrul and they
Have Scurl gel that doesn't damage your hair like that pro con black gel.
It works really good and not that expensive. You find Scurl at CVS
Sometimes walmart but i recommend going to sallys for both.

have you tried putting a gel on her when its wet to define and enhance her curls, if you do that it should dry with a curl pattern.

I have tried ECO-Style gel, you can get at any chain drugstore like CVS, Walgreens, rite-aid, etc and Sally's. Its a great gel its alcohol free and they have different varieties some with Olive Oil, & Argan Oil.

The issue with that it in the summer its great but for cheer season wont work, as her hair length is about ear length. If I blow dry it and fat iron it, its shoulder length. Problem is it wouldnt stay straight due to humidity, sweat and performance it will start to revert(go back to its curly state). Ethnic hair main problem is retaining moisture, our hair is constantly dry so trying to maintain moisture is key to styling hair etc.

I opted for braids 2 weeks ago. That way I can work with whatever style is determined for her team. I understand those parents who prefer not to chemically straighten hair, it is my choice at this time to not relax my CP hair. Im not comfortable with her getting a sew-in weave at 12. Braids are very versatile and can work with any style for cheer pretty much and keep cp age appropriate.

@cheermuse we do braids a lot also. Easy keep up, keep my cp looking her age and I don't have to add all those chemicals in her hair... And that's always a plus in my book!

@armycheermom My cp swims everyday in the summer so a chemicals for her would be a disaster she is not ready to give up swimming everyday in the summer.

just fyi (for everyone) chemically processed "ethnic hair" and chlorine = guaranteed breakage.

I have tried ECO-Style gel, you can get at any chain drugstore like CVS, Walgreens, rite-aid, etc and Sally's. Its a great gel its alcohol free and they have different varieties some with Olive Oil, & Argan Oil.

The issue with that it in the summer its great but for cheer season wont work, as her hair length is about ear length. If I blow dry it and fat iron it, its shoulder length. Problem is it wouldnt stay straight due to humidity, sweat and performance it will start to revert(go back to its curly state). Ethnic hair main problem is retaining moisture, our hair is constantly dry so trying to maintain moisture is key to styling hair etc.

I opted for braids 2 weeks ago. That way I can work with whatever style is determined for her team. I understand those parents who prefer not to chemically straighten hair, it is my choice at this time to not relax my CP hair. Im not comfortable with her getting a sew-in weave at 12. Braids are very versatile and can work with any style for cheer pretty much and keep cp age appropriate.
braids are always a good alternative and sometimes a huge blown out can be fierce as well

@cheermuse our cp's must be related, as mines love to swim too! We use to live right next to the beach in FL and we never saw her...I think she's a fish....

One of my girls had ethnic hair and one didn't. We struggled one week the coach wanted it straight the next curly another teased. After just a couple of months her hair became damaged. The flat iron had her ends fried and all that product was just too much. Pulling it back she had so much brakage. I made the decision at that time to just do what I felt was best for my cp. I decided using a hair peice for straight days and natural curls for curly days. She didn't need to match the rest of the team to perform well and we were all happier.

Back