All-Star Ex-cheer Coach In Boca Raton, Fl Arrested

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll play devils advocate....

Has there been a trial and conviction yet, or are these arrests and allegations at this point (which may be entirely true....or not)?

Maybe it's just me, but I've seen one too many good looking, male teachers with their life/career turned upside down over false accusations that he couldn't defend for the mere fact he was a male and he's guilty before proven innocent. And this is one of the few charges in this country where that reversal of the "American way" seems par for the course.

The last one happened over a girl who asked him out, and he told her no...so, she got mad and leveled allegations. Was he vindicated when the truth came out...yes. Did he have a nightmare to live through and isn't teaching anymore, yes. Did he do a single thing wrong...no. He, in fact, made her mad by turning her down.

So, feel free to speculate, deride, vilify and whatever other verb you'd like to use, (they all may turn out to be very warranted) but in my case...I think I'll wait for a conviction (which requires proof) to pass judgement. Right now, it's just allegations and just because there are multiple ones doesn't (necessarily) lend weight to them.

Flame away.

My husband was in a situation at church where a young boy in children's worship needed to use the restroom. I asked my husband to take him. When he got to the restroom there was a toilet that had overflowed and paper towels strewn everywhere. A few seconds later, a friend of ours appeared with a mop and my husband asked the young boy to wait while he helped clean up the restroom. Meanwhile, back at children's worship, a woman came up to me and said that man has been gone a long time with that boy (she obviously didn't realize he was my husband) and she left to check out the situation.

This woman was watching out for this child, and we need those people BUT, as adults, we need to protect ourselves as well.

Should the owners be held liable for this coach??

If there is any and I mean any thing that shows that they knew, should have know, had been warned etc.. then I say yes. Absolutely. Considering from the news articles and comments on them that the cops where there a year before questioning him about what appears to be similar allegations, I would say yes.

I've spoken out quite a bit about this on the forum and have expressed very similar opinions. In addition to what you've said, I also say, trust your instincts (ALWAYS), talk to your children about strangers just like our parents did when I was little, have the appropriate talk with your child so that if something like this ever does happen, they will feel ok telling you about it, etc. If that's a hard/touchy thought for some parents, there are plenty of great books as well as FREE psychologists who can guide you on how to introduce the subject to your child the "right" way.

My child is the most important thing to me, not the negative impact it could have on our gym (although I will say I feel 100 percent confident if I suspected something I could confide in CSP herself and she would not turn a blind eye and at least look into it), and I'll be a "random" cheer parent ;) who WILL talk about it bc even though I don't like the idea and/or thought of it happening to my child, the statistics are undeniable and I'd rather live in reality so that if something ever did happen, my child could feel comfortable coming to me. This advice is pertinent to ALL parents with children in any given situation, bc believe it or not, it's not primarily coming from the gym (pedophilia). It's when you look the other way out of fear, denial, etc. that perpetuates the terrible cycle.

I bolded the sentence that stood out to me. The problem is that most of the time it's not strangers that approach your children, but adults they know - teachers, coaches, relatives, etc.
Since your kids are usually familiar with those people and trust them (and you as a parent do too), you need to teach them to speak up if those familiar people are doing things they shouldn't. Speaking up about those non-strangers will always be a lot more difficult for kids than speaking up about strangers.
That weirdo driving by the playground telling about a puppy at home that your kid should totally see - easy to spot if you taught your kid. That coach/teacher/relative asking your kid to come to his/her house to see the puppy (especially if there really is one), and then starting to do things that are not appropriate - not so easy to spot, even if you taught your kid.
Just wanted to add that.

I bolded the sentence that stood out to me. The problem is that most of the time it's not strangers that approach your children, but adults they know - teachers, coaches, relatives, etc.
Since your kids are usually familiar with those people and trust them (and you as a parent do too), you need to teach them to speak up if those familiar people are doing things they shouldn't. Speaking up about those non-strangers will always be a lot more difficult for kids than speaking up about strangers.
That weirdo driving by the playground telling about a puppy at home that your kid should totally see - easy to spot if you taught your kid. That coach/teacher/relative asking your kid to come to his/her house to see the puppy (especially if there really is one), and then starting to do things that are not appropriate - not so easy to spot, even if you taught your kid.
Just wanted to add that.
Now this week it is a volleyball coach at a high school. I had a looooonnnngg talk with my daughter about getting too close to coaches or teachers. She didn't want to hear it but I made her. This man was so much fun and a great guy and you would never think he would hurt a child. He did act immature a lot and especially with a specific group of kids.

Now this week it is a volleyball coach at a high school. I had a looooonnnngg talk with my daughter about getting too close to coaches or teachers. She didn't want to hear it but I made her. This man was so much fun and a great guy and you would never think he would hurt a child. He did act immature a lot and especially with a specific group of kids.

Geez - what's with your area of FL all if a sudden

It's sad that the people you think you can trust are the ones you shouldn't.

Just wanted to add that.
thank you, totally agree....and trust me when I tell you that I've always included that w/NO exceptions. I'm aware of the horrible statistics w/it being someone you know. !

Geez - what's with your area of FL all if a sudden

It's sad that the people you think you can trust are the ones you shouldn't.
All the crooks come to Florida....look at who we got here. OJ & The Long Island Lolita. We got Vanilla Ice in the same neighborhood as the LI Lolita just waiting for the 2 to hookup. I never see Amy around but I see Vanilla at Target with his kids. Whenever there is a national tragedy like 9/11 there is always a Florida connection.

I am interested to see if this goes to trial or if he takes a plea. I would hope he would just take a plea so these girls don't have to testify. They have been through enough already. This man used to cheer for Top Gun, they looked up to him. I think he won Worlds 3 times.

I like closed practices by the way. It is easier for the kids to focus and there is less drama.
my cp started her all star career at pbl before we moved to NY. It makes me sad that this was about one of my cp favorite coaches(she was 9 now shes 12)
I remember that there was a viewing window where parents could see into the gym so I am confused about the closed practices they are talking about.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Back