All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

someone made a fake LinkedIn account with my name and picture...and I've reported it three times to LinkedIn and they haven't taken it down. :mad:
ca.linkedin.com/pub/christine-rousselle/54/134/539

For the record: I'm not from Canada, I don't do internet marketing, and I don't have a master in computer applications. Although that would be nice.

Therapy is the greatest thing ever designed. Everyone should go at least once. Even if you think you're ok, it's surprising how often you're not. Or how many little things in your life you start to talk about.

I went for one big thing, but it's amazing all the little day-to-day stuff that you suddenly find actually bothers you. I think I spent a good half hour each week talking about Harry the Horrible. :D

Maddie Gardner got her own fan page, so it's now MUCH easier to report fake stuff!
Maddie Gardner | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maddie-Gardner/308946842496503- This one actually said 'Hey I'm a fan page, I'm not real.' Glad everyone has realized how creepy this got. I wonder if this thread was an inspiration?
Maddie gardner | Facebook
Erica Englebert
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erica-Englebert/139223516118741- No YOU DON'T KNOW ERICA VERY WELL.
Erica Englebert | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fanerica.englebert.3
Erica Englebert is My Role Model | Facebook -Cute but no.
Erica Englebert, CEA | Facebook - We know you're not Erica. Thanks for that..

I had some free time today. Figured I'd start out the new year with a bang..I've noticed the pages are fewer and far between. I suppose once you have a 'set' facebook fan page, it's more obvious to them when it's someone trying to duplicate something.

I got a slidey phone when I was in sixth grade with unlimited texting...:oops: Then I got a smartphone when I was in eighth grade... but my parents wouldn't let me have a laptop until I turned 16... a week ago :) (my brothers don't have phones, they're in sixth and eighth grade, because we have to have straight A's to get one.)
Apparently this isn't normal.... but where I live, most of my friends got phones in 4th and 5th grade, although most people got like a rumour or a flip phone... then in 6th and 7th grade people started getting iPhones, and by 8th grade a lot of people I knew had the iPhone 4, which I only got last April! So I always felt behind, even though I wasn't.
My AP teachers tell people "bring your iPad, bring your laptop, use that to take notes" and like half the class has their (personal) iPad out or their laptop out while he lectures... as a sophomore. We did a documentary and everyone in my group had a laptop and brought it to school every day, and they were surprised :)eek:) that I didn't have one.
I know like 1 or 2 people without a phone, and a couple people without laptops, but it's pretty rare to not have a phone by junior high at least, smartphone or not... I have a friends w/o iphones but I'd say the majority of people I know have an iPhone.
There must be something in the water here possessing everyone to get their young children fancy technology :confused: I saw an 11 year old post that she got a NEW (as in she already had one) laptop and an iPad for Christmas. I was like "WHAT? I GOT A LAPTOP TOO AND I'M WAY OLDER THAN YOU!!"

My 7 year old has an iphone5 and ipad4....:0 but she had an iPhone3 at the age of 5!! But I use to work for AT&T so I get major deals. I would have never bought her an iPhone to begin with!! Quite a few kids on her team have iPads that are around the age of 10 and they had the iPads before she got one! (That's why she has one now because some of the kids had them at competition and she didn't and she was stuck playing on her iPhone!)

My dad bought the iPad not ME! You would not believe how many customers I have sold iPhones to for little kids!!! It's really common!! I'm not sure I would have allowed it had I not worked at AT&T and seen how normal that is. I didn't get a cell phone till 7th grade but didn't have my own laptop till my senior year in high school (2006).. Things are so different now! Lol

the lolsmileyface twitter isnt me. idk why anyone would pick me either. idk if its still up, but ive seen it in the past and reported it, and nothing happened after a month so I gave up.

the lolsmileyface twitter isnt me. idk why anyone would pick me either. idk if its still up, but ive seen it in the past and reported it, and nothing happened after a month so I gave up.
I'd guess that, as a history of someone who's not been afraid to say whatever they feel and darn the consequences (and who is, conveniently, anonymous), it's an easy mantle to pick up. You don't have to worry about hurting a real person's identity, and it's a person many people didn't really like anyway so they can be free to annoy whomever they'd like (If that's what they're doing. I don't follow many people on twitter)..

I'm not even saying that in a super-judgmental way. Just why someone might do it..

Maddie Gardner got her own fan page, so it's now MUCH easier to report fake stuff!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maddie-Gardner/308946842496503- This one actually said 'Hey I'm a fan page, I'm not real.' Glad everyone has realized how creepy this got. I wonder if this thread was an inspiration?
Erica Englebert
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erica-Englebert/139223516118741- No YOU DON'T KNOW ERICA VERY WELL.
Erica Englebert | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fanerica.englebert.3
Erica Englebert is My Role Model | Facebook -Cute but no.
Erica Englebert, CEA | Facebook - We know you're not Erica. Thanks for that..

I had some free time today. Figured I'd start out the new year with a bang..I've noticed the pages are fewer and far between. I suppose once you have a 'set' facebook fan page, it's more obvious to them when it's someone trying to duplicate something.

My friend had an Erica add her. It later said "my girls" tagging her in it....

I can just say I found this on the fake Kelsey/Maci twitter. It's about a celebrity, but still kind of weird.

2nc0xl0.jpg

If this was how someone who is openly using anothers person's face, feels about an actually celebrity, I am scared.

I'm confused... What is this website for?
Just to show you how easy it is for people to get your information online and find you. Makes you think twice about what details you post online.

I want to say Thank You to everyone!! Due to this thread and the original thread, I managed to stay highly entertained all night at work.....on what was supposed to be a slow boring night. In no way am I making fun of anyone.....but it was so hard to keep up with who was who, and just when I thought I had it down.......someone would change the subject and it would throw me all off again. Out of pure curiosity, I did some searching on Twitter and Instagram.

Now here's my question/situation (will you please trust that I do monitor my 15 yo daughters social network and have taught her the safety basics, so that doesn't become the issue):

Thanks to this thread, I found out that my daughter did fall victim to a poser earlier this year. Nothing lost, nothing gained so it's not that big of a deal. I believe it was Twitter where the post began. It was the one about the young man that attempted suicide. CP was so saddened by this. She and I have had looooong conversations about self-esteem and confidence. And with my history of depression, I have explained it to her in detail as well. She really does feel sorry for someone who feels so bad about themselves they no long want to live. She started communicating with him, through tweets. Nothing major, just checked on him here and there. I just told her that the whole thing was a lie and she was shocked. She didn't get hurt by this or anything.

While looking on Twitter and Instagram last night, I noticed many user names that hide gender and anything else. How can you tell if a person is just a fan of cheer or really a cheerleader. Just look through some of the usernames , and you will see what I'm talking about. She would never get into a relationship with someone she met online, nor will she give her location. But she does follow "good" (for lack of a better word) cheerleaders. I'm sure if she had known the Erica girl, she would have tried to follow her. With so many fake accounts and questionable ueser names, how would she know if this person is real or not.

On Instagram I found a user "keepcalmandcheeron". They have over 9k followers. How do I know this is a real person and not someone stealing pics??

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

In my honest (and un-educated) opinion I do believe this thread is a good idea and I plan on having my daughter read both so that she can see what is going on.

I want to say Thank You to everyone!! Due to this thread and the original thread, I managed to stay highly entertained all night at work.....on what was supposed to be a slow boring night. In no way am I making fun of anyone.....but it was so hard to keep up with who was who, and just when I thought I had it down.......someone would change the subject and it would throw me all off again. Out of pure curiosity, I did some searching on Twitter and Instagram.

Now here's my question/situation (will you please trust that I do monitor my 15 yo daughters social network and have taught her the safety basics, so that doesn't become the issue):

Thanks to this thread, I found out that my daughter did fall victim to a poser earlier this year. Nothing lost, nothing gained so it's not that big of a deal. I believe it was Twitter where the post began. It was the one about the young man that attempted suicide. CP was so saddened by this. She and I have had looooong conversations about self-esteem and confidence. And with my history of depression, I have explained it to her in detail as well. She really does feel sorry for someone who feels so bad about themselves they no long want to live. She started communicating with him, through tweets. Nothing major, just checked on him here and there. I just told her that the whole thing was a lie and she was shocked. She didn't get hurt by this or anything.

While looking on Twitter and Instagram last night, I noticed many user names that hide gender and anything else. How can you tell if a person is just a fan of cheer or really a cheerleader. Just look through some of the usernames , and you will see what I'm talking about. She would never get into a relationship with someone she met online, nor will she give her location. But she does follow "good" (for lack of a better word) cheerleaders. I'm sure if she had known the Erica girl, she would have tried to follow her. With so many fake accounts and questionable ueser names, how would she know if this person is real or not.

On Instagram I found a user "keepcalmandcheeron". They have over 9k followers. How do I know this is a real person and not someone stealing pics??

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

In my honest (and un-educated) opinion I do believe this thread is a good idea and I plan on having my daughter read both so that she can see what is going on.
chances are the instagram, is just a cheer in general instagram. i just checked, and indeed, its someones insta that is just cheer. its safe, somewhat. they do take photos but not to claim that its them. no worries that i found:)

Back