All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why would someone do that I'm so sorry to hear that! I came across a tweet from an account bearing your fb username at some point this week is that you or the fake?
that was me...the fake one left after my friends stuck up for me....:)

Ok, it's time.....

I know this fake account thing is not an exclusively cheer thing. There was that incident with the girl that committed suicide after being duped by someone with a fake account pretending to be some boy. But I think the creating of an entire alter ego that goes on for years is a different thing. Do you think that cheerleading attracts people with those kinds of issues or is it going on all over the place?
I think it's a little of both. "Cheerlebrities" are glamorous and either pretending to be them or pretending to be friends with them can make someone feel happier by having others think they're something that they're not. But also with the anonymity of the internet, it's going on all over the place. I remember there were so many fake accounts of Lesley Patterson, Miley Cyrus' best friend, after she got called out at Worlds and even fakes of her school friends and boyfriend just so people can create a whole group of "famous" people that appear to talk to Susie everyday.

The good news is that I can be physically verified as a real person by at least 3 posters. Granted, they're all from my home state but yeah :D

As for the Logan thing, it's not just sad that people bashing her on here. (Am I bashing her? Maybe some people think I am. I think the entire general concept is creepy. Telling her to get therapy isn't bashing- it's serious. Seriously. Get help if you're reading this. I have for other stuff and it's doing WONDERS for me..) What's really sad is it's taken THIS LONG for people to be open about it. It's been YEARS. YEARS. This girl has been KICKED OUT OF A GYM over this. Her parents know, apparently some of her personal friends know, and not a gosh-darn thing is done over this. YES this makes me angry and upset. This girl is a perpetrator AND a victim. What she's doing is truly awful, creepy, and disturbing. What's worse is that people know and DON'T care enough to help her get help, or just assume it's no big deal and it will blow over. I'll give you a hint- if after a number of years of you sittin' on your butt about it hasn't changed anything, odds are you need to do something. Today. Not tomorrow. NOW. If she's seen this and is upset, a number of situations can happen, but only one of them is good and with her seeming temperament, it's not likely. HELP HER. SOMEONE WHO IS PHYSICALLY IN HER PRESENCE AND CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

(Seriously though- I went to bed early because I was exhausted and a sorts of tomfoolery happens. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. Also- is THAT why my head can't fit through the door? This board is making my head too large? :D )

I have so much to say this morning:
I do think there is a difference between speaking your mind, and being rude. Remember- yes you are free to say what you like, but this isn't a democracy. I am also free to think you are a gosh-darned idiot for what you say and react accordingly. This is a fierceocracy. There are ways to say what you like and not be rude. There are also times when your opinion isn't warranted or needed and the admins are free to delete unnecessary rudeness that adds nothing to the conversation but a touch of drama I don't need when my job is giving me headaches. And I ain't even an admin..

Ok, it's time.....

I know this fake account thing is not an exclusively cheer thing. There was that incident with the girl that committed suicide after being duped by someone with a fake account pretending to be some boy. But I think the creating of an entire alter ego that goes on for years is a different thing. Do you think that cheerleading attracts people with those kinds of issues or is it going on all over the place?

For what it's worth, when I was in high school I was a member of a bunch of forums for TV shows and I remember one of the Admins of one of the sites had this whole elaborate background of being married with a kid, and all this stuff and it turned out he was just a high school (gay I think, and afraid to admit it at the time) and it was easier to create a whole persona than just be himself. And he was the admin of the site.

So I don't think it's necessarily a cheer thing, it's an internet thing. No one knows who you are, you're hiding behind a screen name and a laptop. It's incredibly easy to make up this whole persona and be a person you aren't in real life. You can be "cool" for once, if you aren't at home.

For what it's worth, when I was in high school I was a member of a bunch of forums for TV shows and I remember one of the Admins of one of the sites had this whole elaborate background of being married with a kid, and all this stuff and it turned out he was just a high school (gay I think, and afraid to admit it at the time) and it was easier to create a whole persona than just be himself. And he was the admin of the site.
I really do think the INTERNET just attracts and encourages this type of behavior. It's so easy to be anonymous if you never release any info.

I really do think the INTERNET just attracts and encourages this type of behavior. It's so easy to be anonymous if you never release any info.

I actually just edited my post to say that. I had another girl that I was friends with and we imed on AIM all the time (back before facebook and skype and twitter) and I remember wanting to add her to facebook or being in her area and wanting to meet up and she shut down and I never heard from here again. I'm not even sure she was real, I think she had created this whole private school, rich girl, NYC Socialite personality. But she didn't post pictures or private information or anything, so it was never verifiable either way - why wouldn't you believe her?

Oh.my.god.
and THIS is why I hate living in the UK( I do btw people, Im not lying ;-))
All this drama was going on and there was me tucked up in my little bed sleeping without a care in the world! I have broken up for study leave now so I could of been reading this. Damn.

ANYWAY I just want to say I actually feel like this has cleared the air with many not so much posters like me. I actually know what has happened in Fierce Board/ Pro x whatever boards history. However one post threw me off with the meanj? Confused!
However, I feel like posting more now as im not so hidden to the history. If that makes sense?

Anyway, Logan, if you are reading through the boards. Please stay of the internet for a while and focus on your own life. Your 14, don't waste it pretending to be something/someone your not. Please learn from your previous mistakes and go forward in your life.

does anyone else find it ironic that as all of this unfolds, pretty little liars premiers tonight?

Does anyone else see the irony in this entire thread?? Why are some people given a "free pass" to forget their past personas, but we can't with others? I'm just dumbfounded by the entire thing. You can't call people out when you are guilty of doing the exact same thing.

This is me reading this thread, seriously.
tumblr_m2h47sQ1Cn1r95m39o1_500.gif

Does anyone else see the irony in this entire thread?? Why are some people given a "free pass" to forget their past personas, but we can't with others? I'm just dumbfounded by the entire thing. You can't call people out when you are guilty of doing the exact same thing.

This is me reading this thread, seriously.
tumblr_m2h47sQ1Cn1r95m39o1_500.gif
I think you will find a few of us have questioned that exact thing.

Back