OT Favorite Movies - Top Ten List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I could definitely add more - the Blind Side and The Color Purple. My top two would stay the same, but I know the rest could shuffle and more added. I have always loved Gone with the Wind - I started watching it as a teenager, and still love it. Billy Bob Thornton's character in Slingblade was so well done - you forget it was him.

1) Pillow Talk
2) It's Complicated
3) Rain Man
4) The Sixth Sense
5) Xandadu (my cult classic)
6) The Shawshank Redemption
7) It's a Wonderful Life
8) Monsters, Inc.
9) Catch Me if You Can
10) The Holiday

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion is by far my favorite movie ever. It just got added to Netflix so everyone should go watch it. Other faves that I haven't seen mentioned:

Life is Beautiful
richard (it's a fictionalized take on Richard Nixon/Watergate. If you like weird 90s comedies, definitely check it out)
That Thing You Do
Gone in 60 Seconds
Shutter Island
Inception
The Sweetest Thing

ETA: the boards changed the name of the second one on the list :( but the title is the name of a popular sporting goods store and a nickname for Richard!

My top favorite (that I'm sad no one has mentioned yet) is Almost Famous. Seriously. Go watch it.
I can't believe I forgot this. Every time someone asks what movie they should watch, I suggest this. Soooo good. I can't hear Tiny Dancer anymore without pretending I'm on the "tour bus" singing.
Yep Omar Epps and Tupac

....and that elevator scene

I'm going to rewatch this movie. I feel like I'm missing out on some good memories.

My older daughter's dad used to look exactly like Tupac, so I don't know if that part will be good memories, lol! But I just watched the elevator scene on YouTube and I need to see the movie again!

And really... Anything with Omar Epps is worth watching a few times. [emoji7]

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion is by far my favorite movie ever. It just got added to Netflix so everyone should go watch it. Other faves that I haven't seen mentioned:

Life is Beautiful
richard (it's a fictionalized take on Richard Nixon/Watergate. If you like weird 90s comedies, definitely check it out)
That Thing You Do
Gone in 60 Seconds
Shutter Island
Inception
The Sweetest Thing

ETA: the boards changed the name of the second one on the list :( but the title is the name of a popular sporting goods store and a nickname for Richard!
Life is Beautiful - I cannot even think about this movie without tearing up. I remember seeing it in a small theatre in the city when it first came out, and the entire audience could not leave the theatre for at least 15 minutes after it finished because we were all collectively bawling.

And Romy and Michele is hysterical. I love love love Janeane Garofalo in that movie.

I can't believe I forgot this. Every time someone asks what movie they should watch, I suggest this. Soooo good. I can't hear Tiny Dancer anymore without pretending I'm on the "tour bus" singing.

I'm going to rewatch this movie. I feel like I'm missing out on some good memories.

My older daughter's dad used to look exactly like Tupac, so I don't know if that part will be good memories, lol! But I just watched the elevator scene on YouTube and I need to see the movie again!

And really... Anything with Omar Epps is worth watching a few times. [emoji7]

I'd actually never seen Juice until Solange beat up Jay Z in an elevator and the elevator memes popped up and I watched it.

I also just love Tupac in general

Life is Beautiful - I cannot even think about this movie without tearing up. I remember seeing it in a small theatre in the city when it first came out, and the entire audience could not leave the theatre for at least 15 minutes after it finished because we were all collectively bawling.

And Romy and Michele is hysterical. I love love love Janeane Garofalo in that movie.
I just looked up Life is Beautiful - I am going to try and see that and Almost Famous - 2 I haven't seen. Life is Beautiful reminded me of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Dont think I can just name 10:

Imitation of Life
Auntie Mame
Beaches
Steel Magnolias
The Color Purple
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Wiz
Burlesque
Sound of Music
The Shawshank Redemption
Mean Girls
The Help
Twilight Series

Dont think I can just name 10:

Imitation of Life
Auntie Mame
Beaches
Steel Magnolias
The Color Purple
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Wiz
Burlesque
Sound of Music
The Shawshank Redemption
Mean Girls
The Help
Twilight Series

I've never met anyone that actually likes the The Wiz. I never watch it after Dorothy meets the scarecrow and they ease on down the road for the first time together

I love Michael Jackson but I think I my dislike of Diana Ross trumps that

Latest posts

Back