All-Star February 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If those are the only two options, then you missed something.[/QUOTE]

Watched it like two more times and I caught it. My eyes were somehow deceiving me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said, I'm not a judge. Their jumps, tumbling (in these videos, I saw layouts and some bad fulls) and stunt difficulty, IN MY OPINION, didn't seem to be that close to a team like Orange (team multiple revolving stunt to extension, great jumps, team twisting tumbling, dance performance). I certainly didn't think they'd outscore them. Not saying they did not "deserve, blah blah blah". Only saying that I must have missed something watching the videos.

They might not have as many specialty passes in tumbling, but they have 30+ doubles in RT I think. Also execution is portion of the score, and they had the highest execution in Large senior for tumbling. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they had the highest execution in every category expect jumps lol. And I personally wouldn't consider their stunts watered down, they took out a half rotation in both stunt sequences, but they still did a 1 1/2 around to immediate stretch.

Question, if you hit zero at NCA and still get beat, do you re-work the routine? Or just keep it and try to perform it better? Just curious about other peoples thoughts.

Stars vipers Anacondas hit 0 both days and lost by .58.

We know that where we scored low is coed stunting. We had 4.6 and a lot had 5's. we are always trying to work and get stronger, improving stunts, and pyramid and what not.

We have ray jasper coming in this weekend to add to all our routines again for summit and worlds. They are going to see what we could do better that would score better and what not. I wouldn't think anyone should just stop trying and even though we aren't the best we will be there one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question, if you hit zero at NCA and still get beat, do you re-work the routine? Or just keep it and try to perform it better? Just curious about other peoples thoughts.

I think most teams re work, but I'm also thinking in some cases it might be a execution thing and they focus on that.
SE didn't change much of their routine after NCA back in 2014. They just added the 360 to the ball up, and rippled the tick tocks if my memory is correct.

There are many different versions of "hit zero". Getting a zero on the deduction sheet does not automatically equate to a perfectly executed routine. Smart coaches will work on areas that have the most potential for improving their score. Sometimes that means throwing out choreo and starting over - sometimes it means improving your timing - sometimes it means not dropping stunts. It varies from team to team.

Anyone know who the two teams that were sitting on the side of the mat cheering on TGLC. I know lady jags were there but it also looked like a coed team and an all girl team? I think someone said Cali coed and the all girl team is maybe an ECE team due to the hair ties. I love seeing the sportsmanship between gyms.

Anyone know who the two teams that were sitting on the side of the mat cheering on TGLC. I know lady jags were there but it also looked like a coed team and an all girl team? I think someone said Cali coed and the all girl team is maybe an ECE team due to the hair ties. I love seeing the sportsmanship between gyms.
Lady Jags and ECE Bombshells were both at the side of the mat - not sure who the 3rd team was. There are 2 former ECE "kids" on TGLC, so it was great they could be so close and cheer them on!

Back