All-Star Glcc Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am sooo extremely proud of my team, michigan xtreme legacy! We missed first in our division, level 5 grand champs, and the paid bid by only .01! We have come really far this season and now I can't wait to go kill it at worlds!<3 Congratulations to Allstar legends on the paid bid, you were some tough competition! :)

Quiting whinning and making a big deal out of this. Its not going to change anything. Prodigy and inspire will do fine at worlds regardless of a paid bid. Allstar legends deserved their bid and its not going anywhere. I guess it takes a genius to see that allstar legends deserved their bid.....smh.

isnt this a board where you can state your opinion? i guess it does take a genius to see that... smdh
and yes im sure prodigy and inspire will do more than fine at worlds regardless if a company put money in their pockets or not

L5 - International Open Co-Ed CheerDay 1 RankDay 2Final
8.939 19.0549.020 Famous Superstars-Celebrity Charleston, WV
8.596 28.7618.712 Top Notch Cheer-Dynasty Fremont, OH
8.552 38.6268.604 ICE-Frost Mishawaka, IN
8.322 48.6378.543 SSGA Davision, MI
7.996 57.9767.982 Trilogy Shelby Township, MI
L5 - Senior Semi-Limited Co-Ed CheerDay 1 RankDay 2Final
9.304 19.2209.245 Ultimate Athletics-Prodigy Wauconda, IL
L5 - Senior Unlimited Co-Ed CheerDay 1 RankDay 2Final
9.328 19.2989.307 ICE-Inspire Mishawaka, IN
L5 - Large Senior Limited Co-Ed CheerDay 1 RankDay 2Final
9.054 19.1119.094 American Elite Allstars Of Ohio-Encore Tallmadge, OH
8.470 28.9048.774 Xtreme Cheer And Dance Force-Senior Fury Orland Park, IL
L5 - Small Senior Limited Co-Ed CheerDay 1 RankDay 2Final
9.317 19.3489.339 All Star Legend-All-Star Legend Owasso, OK
9.113 29.4139.323 Michigan Xtreme Cheer-Legacy Canton, MI
9.293 39.2919.292 ICE-Lightning Mishawaka, IN
9.204 48.7508.886 Indiana Ultimate Goshen, IN
8.637 58.8858.811 NEO All Stars -Panthers North Canton, OH
8.846 68.5708.653 Tumble World -Dynasty Chesapeake, OH
8.498 78.6288.589 Hollywood All Stars Indianapolis, IN
8.126 88.4508.353 I Yoo Wee All Stars-Sr F5 Westerville, OH
8.233 97.8507.965 Rocky Mountain Elite-Polar Bears Centennial, CO
Sunday, March 20, 2011 Page 1 of 2WWW.GREATLAKESSPIRIT.COM

Deleted post - after seeing the scores posted, I am now as confused as everyone else as to how the bids were handed out based on what I understood about GLCC's process.

Sorry, copied and pasted scores, but they didn't print the same, not sure why, and I tried to delete, but...

The scores are listed on the GLCC website.

for number 2, i dont specifically know who made the page but i dont think its unclassy. people may post unclassy things individually but the page itself is simply raising awareness to the situation that obviously most people on here didnt even know about until myself and other people explained the situation. and it shows the consequences that come from this new rule and how it affects the athletes.. because their hearts' are with ice.

Oh really? So its classy for ICE Parents and Athletes to threaten and verbally abuse Patrick from Hollywood over this matter? You're right. Its not unclassy. You cant call out another gym for an issue and then handle the situation like this. This is about a bunch of kids who couldnt commit to a team and have hurt feelings now. What about the other kids they let down from Hollywood by jumping ship? I probably wouldnt release the athletes, either.

You know what, I misread the scores at first. The top scoring co-ed team was suppposed to get a paid bid, correct? And it appears that All-Star Legends was the top scoring co-ed team.

I'm not sure what the complaints are. It was obviously very close and a number of teams could've won. If there was a "bias" towards small teams, it was on the part of the judges, not the event producer. Unless someone is suggesting the event producer rigged the judging in order to ensure a small team won and the EP would save some money - which is a pretty serious accusation.

can I just clarify - what was the main purpose of having the release rule for athletes? was it so athletes couldn't compete with two separate gyms with worlds? was it so kids wouldn't gym hop all year long looking to find a team going to worlds? it seems to me that the stregth of the rule in general would outweigh the few individual negative situations - and provide more support for the gym owners in the long run versus fickle kids/families. again, I'm not 100% on the original intent of the rule but I believe that would be how I would base my reflections on this siutation.

You know what, I misread the scores at first. The top scoring co-ed team was suppposed to get a paid bid, correct? And it appears that All-Star Legends was the top scoring co-ed team.

I'm not sure what the complaints are. It was obviously very close and a number of teams could've won. If there was a "bias" towards small teams, it was on the part of the judges, not the event producer. Unless someone is suggesting the event producer rigged the judging in order to ensure a small team won and the EP would save some money - which is a pretty serious accusation.

I will say that this event has had this "rumor" about it for several years. Not saying it is necessarily true every year, but I HAVE heard that the EP DOES get involved in the judging and scoresheets.

Back