All-Star Glitter Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for glitter i think a little is enough for example i LOVE top gun's makeup with the gold glitter & black liner. the glitter pops but it's not too much. glitter can be fun & look nice if done right but i hate when 239481210 colors of glitter are used it just ends up being a mess.

as far as the smokey eye like @INeverStopCheering said no one can do the same smokey eye everyone ends up looking different. some kids look too old, some look dead/like they have black eyes & neither are cute.

for my team we're told to use our colors & not too much (if any) glitter soo i use a blue pigment shadow that matches our uniforms for the outer part of my eye & a silver shimmer shadow with a little ba star glitter on top for the inner part so it's kinda like 1/2 & 1/2 if that makes any sense lol sound weird but i've gotten a lot of compliments on it before.

oh & @crazycheermom i get mine from here & the prices are listed:)

I like the glitter lipstick because its different and i have gotten compliments before on the glitter lipstick, but the glitter eyeshadow can be too much for older girls a smokey eye or nice eyeshadow pattern would be great and less time consuming than the glitter eyeshadow which is more fun for the younger kids

@glitterdiva....where are you!! I'm surprised you haven't responded :)

I like a thin coverage of glitter on the lid only. This makes the eyes a little brighter. Then a light shimmer to again just brighten the eye. A little black liner on the lid, good fresh blush (heavier so you can see it) and a great lipstick that brightens the mouth that shows that it's smiling:)....

I have seen glitter make-up done tastefully and I have seen it done gaudy where even the colors clashed and was just terrible looking (on all ages). So I can't speak positive or negative on it since I like it when it is tastefully done, but tasteful and gaudy can be subjective to the individual perspective. LOL.

i HATE glitter so mucch, it always runs & never stays on your eyes. It's a pain to get off everything including your face... It's cute for maybe younger & low level teams such as mini's and youth 2 but thats the extent.

@glitterdiva....where are you!! I'm surprised you haven't responded :)

I like a thin coverage of glitter on the lid only. This makes the eyes a little brighter. Then a light shimmer to again just brighten the eye. A little black liner on the lid, good fresh blush (heavier so you can see it) and a great lipstick that brightens the mouth that shows that it's smiling:)....

haha I have been reading it. I think a little bit of glitter is perfect to much is gross nasty. At my gym we do a silvery white glitter to the crease and than we put a grey shimmer in the crease and line the bottom lid than we put a white shimmer from crease to brow. Its classsy combines glitter and smoky all in one.

I think it also depends on the gyms colors. Some programs are starting to use LOTS of neon..can be a pretty intense combo. Smoky eye on young girls DOES kinda weird me out a little..the smoky eye is a delicate balance and NOT everyone can rock it, also for the simple matter of eye shape. Plus, I thought smoky eyes were supposed to be the kinda messy, sultry club look of 'I'm so hot my makeup is smudgy and I still look extra sexy.' NOT a look for small children. There's 'smoky eye' and 'shadow on liner and crease'. Two different looks.

Also- have none of you heard of cold creme? That stuff gets off EVERYTHING (Yes, including heavy-duty theater grade makeup). And tape off the glitter, works like a charm for strays and for when you want to take it all off. I came home from a comp and took most of it off with a few pieces of tape.

For those that love glitter, I urge you to wake up at 6 AM to apply it to a tired, cranky 8 year old. It inevitably gets in their eyes and then you have to start all over because they are crying. I'm a firm believer that make-up is needed though. Stage lights can really wash you out, but i think a dark eyeliner, blush, and lipstick would do the trick. I doubt any judge can tell what design or color of glitter you are wearing anyway. I hope they are watching the routine and not my cp's eyelids.

My gym does a smokey eye with a blue glitter eyeliner and I actually love it. As for the glitter lipstick...would you like some water along with your tablespoon of glitter? Gaaag.

i think it should be up to girls on the team (older teams of course) (coaches can choose for the mini's and youths) what makeup they would like to wear that season. that way everybody can say they gave their own input. i do agree that glitter is a pain in the butt to get off but i think if you apply it correctly and get instructions from your coaches on how to apply it, it looks fierce.

i think it should be up to girls on the team (older teams of course) (coaches can choose for the mini's and youths) what makeup they would like to wear that season. that way everybody can say they gave their own input. i do agree that glitter is a pain in the butt to get off but i think if you apply it correctly and get instructions from your coaches on how to apply it, it looks fierce.

I would never let my older girls decide that. I can almost promise you that they wouldnt wear anything.

I know a lot of gyms that will do glitter on the youth/mini/tiny teams but do black smokey eye for the junior and senior teams. Im just wondering what would happen if a younger girl was double teaming on a youth and a junior team (i've known some who have), i think she'd look a little silly being the only one with completely different makeup than the rest of the team.

Latest posts

Back