Glitter Or Shimmer That Is The Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Shimmer or Glitter?

• Total voters

Colleen@PrettyGirlCos

Cheer Parent
May 9, 2011
I am always looking for the latest makeup trends and I hope I can get some feedback on what your favorite makeup look is for the up coming season. Is it dramatic shimmer eyeshadow or glitzy glitter? I have seen both at competitions and I would love to hear your feedback.

I am in the process of choosing new products for this season for Pretty Girl Cosmetics. I have found some great vivid eyeshadows and hope to carry them if this is something cheerleaders like.

Love to hear from you!

Colleen

i'm going to say the shimmer. personally i work in the makeup field so i know that wearing glitter for occasions when you're are going to be under lights, getting pictures done etc. does not look very attractive when the light reflects off of your eyes, haha.

shimmer is always eye catching, but still tame at the same time!

however there are some good glitter out here right now that you can pack onto your eye, i think that if it's a complete eye full of packed glitter, making it look more like an eyeshadow, that looks better than having loose glitter on your eyes, falling all over your face.

just my thought :)

Shimmer! It's not too much and not too little. It's also much eaasier to apply than glitter.
Glitter is too hard to work with and so messy. The right person has to be putting it on for it to look good imo. I know when I use the glitter glue I have an allergic reaction to it too which is not fun at all, especially when it is on for longer than an hour.

Last year our team started using glitter eyeliner all over our lids. Sort of expensive but super simple and easy to use without all of the mess of the glitter. Note don't buy the cheap stuff it will make your eyelids stick together.

I like the look of both. You could always find a line that caters to both looks. I started getting into Elektra Cosmetics (www.elektracosmetics.com) which just launched. It is a line of glitters that stay on for hours with their liquid base. What is cool is that the glitters are so fine like shimmers but can be worn intense or less dramatic. Check them out.

Shimmer. easier to handle, doesnt usually get in your eyes.
you all know that there would be one girl getting it in her eye during stunting OR tumbling and it wouldnt end so pretty. :enjoyshow:

My daughter had glitter for the last 4 years. This year we moved gyms and it is a beautifuk smokey eye. We love it! So much easier and very classy looking while still making a bold statement!

Back