All-Star Hair Up With Bows At Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2012
My gym doesn't make our cheerleaders wear their hair up high with a cheer ribbon or any ribbon at our practices. I would like to do that because I think it makes the team look more together and its fun because of all the different bows. I got cheer bows for my birthday but I haven't worn any to practice yet but I would really like to. Some of my friends want to, too. What do you think of cheer bows at practices?

Maybe you can discuss getting a team bow with the rest of your team and plan out days to wear it. Thought that would be a fun idea!

It is required at our gym. You can wear whatever outfit and bow you want until the week before competition. The week before we have specific outfits and bows you wear in your hair. We also make them have poofs and high ponies that week. I feel it puts my kids in the competitive mind set and start to focus and whats coming up.

It is required at our gym. You can wear whatever outfit and bow you want until the week before competition. The week before we have specific outfits and bows you wear in your hair. We also make them have poofs and high ponies that week. I feel it puts my kids in the competitive mind set and start to focus and whats coming up.
I love this. I definetly wish we did something like this! Because it really does seem like it would get us all in the mind set for competitions! :) We have mandatory practice wear but just not bows.

Our old gym didn't require your hair or bow to be any certain way

But our new gym requires it to be up and with a bow!

My cp was one of very few who wore bows to practice at our old gym.
I absolutely love that the new gym requires that. It looks better and it's fun and also I would be surprised if it didn't bring out something special in a few kids. My daughters attitude is affected by her hair, her clothes, her bow, and her make up. Sometimes I let my daughter wear a little eye make up or false lashes and you can tell when the diva comes out! Lol

Before someone says something about it it's usually only done like this not a drag queen. Sorry this pic is bad I zoomed it in so you could tell
a6cd0a22-fee9-b5e2.jpg

Anyways if you want to I say go for it! It might inspire a few kids to do the same:)

I absolutely love that the new gym requires that. It looks better and it's fun and also I would be surprised if it didn't bring out something special in a few kids. My daughters attitude is affected by her hair, her clothes, her bow, and her make up. Sometimes I let my daughter wear a little eye make up or false lashes and you can tell when the diva comes out! Lol

Before someone says something about it it's usually only done like this not a drag queen. Sorry this pic is bad I zoomed it in so you could tell
a6cd0a22-fee9-b5e2.jpg

Anyways if you want to I say go for it! It might inspire a few kids to do the same:)
thank you very much! :) your daughter is precious, haha . I think I just might wear a bow to practice tonight... :)

a6cd0a22-fee9-b5e2.jpg

Those eyelashes are fierce. I love wearing fake eyelashes!!

My CP gets 4 different sets of practice clothes and matching bows to be worn at practice . They receive a monthly schedule on what set is to be worn on what day.

She is so pretty!!!
a6cd0a22-fee9-b5e2.jpg

Wearing bows is not required at our gym, but a lot of people wear them. My cp doesn't really care to wear them. I think just too much hair for them. But she loves bow bands.

Our gym wants the kids to wear bows with their mandatory practice wear that they wear on specific days. The upper level teams have different practice bows and competition bows-and yes, they switch them out during comps if they cross-over. But I think if a few of you start wearing them to practice, more will follow. And you can make bows inexpensively with a yard of ribbon and hair elastic. If you made them maybe as a team bonding activity, teammates might be more likely to wear them.

Back