All-Star How Far Would You Travel For Practice??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we have a saturday AM practice that is an hour away so we need to get up at 6:30am to leave by 8am. We do have sleep overs but it's because 3 other girls on my cp's team live near us so we carpool. lol other than that, none of my cp's non cheer friends wouldn't be coming over unless they wanted to go with us! 2 even live farther than we do!

It's good that she has others from her team close. I keep hoping someone will carpool with us but not yet.

I drive 30-40 minutes depending on traffic, but I know a couple of girls that drive 4.5 hours. My mom would go crazy...

if you're at the point where you'd have to fly in to practice, wouldn't it make more sense to billet with a family that lives in the area?

It's good that she has others from her team close. I keep hoping someone will carpool with us but not yet.
there are about 22 girls from our area that are traveling to our gym. the owner of the gym provides a van with a driver and makes two central stops to pick girls up to get them to the gym and then takes them back to those locations.

ooops! i realized i didn't share our traveling to practice.

we used to drive 12 minutes to our gym but due to some unforeseen circumstances we now drive one hour to a sister gym in another state. there are 3 other programs in our area within a 30 minute drive but my cp really wanted to stay with this program so we make the drive. as mentioned in my post above, there are about 22 girls who are commuting to this location. the owner provides a 15 passenger van to pick up the girls, get them to practice, they get them dinner then bring them home. we always make sure a parent is on the van with the girls but most parents drive down to the gym when they got off of work, including us so my cp always rides home with us. we practice 2 x a week, one of those on saturdays mornings at 9am (UGH!) where we have to get up at 6:30am to leave the house by 8am.

i think we are very fortunate to have a gym owner who is making such an effort to as supplying transportation and getting them dinner if they hadn't had it yet. i'm very proud to be with YO MAMA Allstars! ;)

When I was in high school my parents drove me two hours each way to practice twice a week. It was good quality time to talk with my parents and when driving up and back it was 4 hours total to do all my homework. While I was at practice it was a good date night for them, and they had plenty of time to finish christmas and birthday shopping for me and my 5 other siblings, lol.

there are about 22 girls from our area that are traveling to our gym. the owner of the gym provides a van with a driver and makes two central stops to pick girls up to get them to the gym and then takes them back to those locations.

That is awesome. I would love having that. You have to have the need for it to offer it tho. That is the problem here, not enough interested. That really is cool tho

I know I wrote on this before but I believe mine has changed. Now it's getting close to competition time we are doing all these crazy extra practices. So my schedule is so different.

Atleast for now I drive to the gym 5 days a week. It takes me 1.5hrs to get there and then another 1.5hrs to get back.
That's on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,& Thursday.
I don't get great gas mileage but I get exactly 2 trips down and back on 1 tank of gas. It takes me $50 to fill up.

So that's $25 in gas every time we go to a practice. So it's $125 a week not including my other gas for myself around town lol

Saturday will be dropped soon as we are just finishing everything up but the others probably won't.
The school nights are the worst just because jaylen is 6 so she can't really do her homework in the car because she needs my help and we leave right when she gets out of school and are there for usually 3hrs. But it works for my cp and we find away to get it done.

On Wednesday not listed above she goes to another gym for tumbling and it's only 10 mins away!! Yay

So the only day I have that we don't go to practice and or tumbling is Friday!

I will say I'm a single mom so this makes it easier. If I had a husband or other kids I'm not sure I could handle all this. So all of y'all who take so much time out of your day and still take care of your family- y'all are amazing!!:)

Eta: how awesome would it be to fly to practice?!!

Kris10boo- looks like your little girl looks like a little Kiara sportin that Cali gear :)

:)
Well if we lived in California she would definitely be a Cali girl and she loves kiara, she has a signed picture of kiara and she thinks she is so cool because none of her other friends have a signed pic!! She can't quite tumble like her though!!

Back