All-Star How Late Does Your Child Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Katybugmom

Cheer Parent
Jan 5, 2011
How late are your weekly practices? Do you know practice times before you tryout? Would late nights keep you from letting your young one participate? How late is too late?

My daughter is 9 and next year her practice won't be over til 9:00. She leaves for school at 6:30 am so it makes for a long day.

How late are your weekly practices? 6-9, mini's 6-7:30

Do you know practice times before you tryout? Yes

Would late nights keep you from letting your young one participate? Depends on morning situation, but probably not.

How late is too late? Anything past 9:30 is too late

My daughter is 9 and next year her practice won't be over til 9:00. She leaves for school at 6:30 am so it makes for a long day. I have a family in the same situation. Mom works and has to take child to day care easly in the AM. The family just realizes that its only ONCE A WEEK, and said the child is just sometimes tired the next day. I think its just a each to their own thing.

Well I'm actually the opposite. I look for gyms with late practices. Since I have to drive out of the city to the suburbs, the later the better. I'd love to find a gym that practice start times are 6:00 or later. I find that a LOT of gyms up here have 4 and 5 o'clock start times and I just don't understand how parents get there. Don't people up here work? :pI have to do so much schedule rearranging just to leave ONE day a week early. I can't wait to see next season when I'm trying to do it every day. So I'm not as worried about getting home late as I am about leaving work early. It's only 2 nights a week at the most, and my kids have never had trouble getting up early.

Right now it's 5-7 one weeknight, 2-4 saturday and 12-2 sunday though.

Well I'm actually the opposite. I look for gyms with late practices. Since I have to drive out of the city to the suburbs, the later the better. I'd love to find a gym that practice start times are 6:00 or later. I find that a LOT of gyms up here have 4 and 5 o'clock start times and I just don't understand how parents get there. Don't people up here work? :pI have to do so much schedule rearranging just to leave ONE day a week early. I can't wait to see next season when I'm trying to do it every day. So I'm not as worried about getting home late as I am about leaving work early. It's only 2 nights a week at the most, and my kids have never had trouble getting up early.

Right now it's 5-7 one weeknight, 2-4 saturday and 12-2 sunday though.

I can relate. It's tough getting our daughter to a 4:00 pm practice or private lesson, which we've had a few of this past year. Thankfully my wife and I have understanding bosses who don't mind us leaving work early as long as we get our work done. Our commute is also pretty short, which helps. But I also understand that our gym has a lot of teams plus tumbling sessions, so not everyone can get the convenient after-work but not-too-late time. :)

My daughter's practice times are 6-9 on one night and 6:30-9 on the other night. We have the schedules for next made up by try outs, but you won't know your exact times and days until you are placed on a team. I actually like the later practice times. It gives us time to get home from school, do homework and relax a little bit before going to cheer. When my daughter was in JR high, the bus dropped her off at 4:20 every day. There is no way we could have done an earlier than 6:00 practice time. I think 9:00 is the latest a practice should go, at least at our gym. We have a some kids who drive from out of state who would get home way too late.

newcheerdad said:
I can relate. It's tough getting our daughter to a 4:00 pm practice or private lesson, which we've had a few of this past year

Wow, really? I get out of school at 3:45 and I commute about 30min-1hour, depending on traffic. This wouldn't work for us. I like our practice times as they are right now, Tuesday 6:30-8:00 and Sunday 4:30-6.

Both of my team practices go until 9:30 on Tuesday and Thursday nights, but I'm a senior. It sucks for the reason that I usually have tons to do seeing as it is a school night, but eventually you learn to work around it!

Mondays 6-8pm
Saturdays 10-1 (now in post season 11-12:30)
Tumbling T/Th 5:30-7pm

Of course she has to talk to everyone on the way out so it ends up being closer to 8:30.....

there was a point I was on an I5 team that prac started at 930 at night and ran sometimes till 1 am it was the only time people could make it between work and coaching...so it was a very *no high schoolers* team

the latest my team ever practice (in a regular practice) was 8:30
the schedule wass
Sunday 5-7
Monday 5:30-7:30
Tuesday 5:00-7:00
Thursday 6:30-8:30

My cp practices: (for 2 teams)
Tuesday 6:00-8:00
Wednesday 6:00-8:00
Sunday 2:00-7:00 (hour break from 4-5pm)
and she sometimes tumbles on Monday or Sat. depending on what going on that week.

If practice runs long we could be there to 8:30 but that only happens before a big comp. Then they might add a practice as well but she is hardly ever there past 8:30 on a school night. Which is good cause she gets up for school at 6am......

Back