OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 6, 2010
So who's hooked? I never thought I'd like the books, but im home from college on spring break and my sister has the books on her kindle, so I just wanted to read a little to figure out what all the fuss was about. That was a book and a half ago, and I only started yesterday morning. I seriously have to force my self to put them down!

i read all 3 of them within 2 days over the summer and fell in love! already have my midnight premier ticket! :D

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a librarian (Masters in Lib Info Sciences- Youth Services) and I literally cannot stand these books. I read the first book as part of a book club with the students at work and I was like "Eh...I mean I guess". Everyone else loved it so I pretended it was better than it was for the sake of their feelings.

Now I am reading Catching Fire (just because if I start a series I have to finish it no matter what) and I've literally been working on it for 2 weeks now. It is like dry toast to me.

I just don't see the greatness, but thats just me. I also have coworkers (other librarians) and their aversion to the Hunger Games series is similiar to mine with the Harry Potter series (I just can't do it). Like they couldn't get past the first chapter

But literacy is great and I don't care what people read, as long as they are reading!

When kristenthegreat brought it up a few months ago I decided to read them all. Awesome series. Can't wait for the movie

sorta me 2. I didnt have to wait for catching fire, but lord was the wait for mockingjay forever. I felt like I was going to have to wait 10 years for that book to come out.

There was pretty much a year of waiting in between all of them, it was AWFUL!!!

I've been in love with this series for a while now. Read the first two in about 6 hours the night when first got them:)

Read all three last year. I finished the first one in a day. I'm now counting down the days to the movie. I fear I am sliding down the slippery slope of becoming a "Twilight"-type fan, and I can't do anything to stop it. ;)

Read all three last year. I finished the first one in a day. I'm now counting down the days to the movie. I fear I am sliding down the slippery slope of becoming a "Twilight"-type fan, and I can't do anything to stop it. ;)
At least this book isn't at it's core some middle-aged woman's fantasy dream vomited onto paper with the grace of a 5 year old. You could do much worse :p

Back