OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Agreed. In the book, they described Snow to be an older, thin man. Thin. Thin. What part of thin don't they get? Although, I do adore Donald Sutherland and thought he captured the attitude of Snow very well.

I agree. Not who I would've picked for President Snow, though I do love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I FINALLY SAW IT!!!!! Yes, caps were necessary. Between my friend's schedule and me having pneumonia last week, tonight was the first time we were actually able to go. Let me tell ya, it's been a long week+ since it came out haha. Anyways, obviously the books are better but I think they did a good job with the movie. I enjoyed seeing things from the gamemakers' perspectives and now I want to grow up to be Katniss even more. Or at least as BA as she is :D I can't wait till the next movie! Anyone know when that's scheduled to come out??

I remembered my other comment! I know they changed how she got the pin...but I liked that way better. I never really got the whole Madge thing, it was much more powerful IMO when Prim gave it to her.

Have you read the other two books? If you haven't, you'll find out that how Katniss got the pin is important in the "big picture".....I don't think I "got it" on the first reading though...I got that part on the 2nd time thorough...I've read the whole series 3 times, working on my 4th time through.

I FINALLY SAW IT!!!!! Yes, caps were necessary. Between my friend's schedule and me having pneumonia last week, tonight was the first time we were actually able to go. Let me tell ya, it's been a long week+ since it came out haha. Anyways, obviously the books are better but I think they did a good job with the movie. I enjoyed seeing things from the gamemakers' perspectives and now I want to grow up to be Katniss even more. Or at least as BA as she is :D I can't wait till the next movie! Anyone know when that's scheduled to come out??
As of now, scheduled for November 22, 2013.

Have you read the other two books? If you haven't, you'll find out that how Katniss got the pin is important in the "big picture".....I don't think I "got it" on the first reading though...I got that part on the 2nd time thorough...I've read the whole series 3 times, working on my 4th time through.
I did..but in the course of a week. I have to go back and re read, not just power through to find out what happens :rolleyes:

Read it finally. Now I completely understand the obsession.
Me too! I've only read the first book in the series so far but I'm already obsessed. Finished it in two days, which says a lot because I'm not normally one to read. I just finished it this afternoon & plan on starting Catching Fire tonight!

Am I the only one completely and utterly intrigued by the Careers? I want to know their lives, how their districts operate, and most importantly... how exactly the volunteers are selected as Tributes. Surely districts one and two (and four) don't only have one eligible boy and girl every year. Do they host a mini Hunger Games to determine the actual Tribute? Or is it just a crazy race between the volunteers to get to the stage first?

Also:

tumblr_m2s2wfUmdF1qffrf9o1_500.jpg

That is all. :D

O.M.G. I'm just starting the third book. I can't get anything done until I finish these things. Argh! It's so good! They actually filmed parts of District 12 close to where we live. I want to go see the scenery for myself soon!

Back