OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've seen both in paperback, but it's been in the fairly recent past, like at the Orlando airport flying home from UCA. Amazon has it listed as available in paperback, but sold by "other sellers."
yea its weird like walmart and target and most book stores only sell the hardbacks, I guess they know people will buy the hardbacks if a paperback is not present thus giving them more money.

I read The Hunger Games right when it came out (I was the first one to rent it from my school's library) and since then I've been a fan. I knew once I had finished the first book, it was gonna be the next big thing in the book world. I thought the first and second books were awesome but I LEGIT hate the third book. The ending feels very rushed and none of the events felt really thought out/purposeful and it seemed she was just creating these situations to kill people off all willy nilly. Of course, I compared the writing to HP, but Suzanne Collins is no JK Rowling... The thing I loved about HP was that every little thing had a purpose/role in the ending of the series. Nothing was left out and there were no loose ends. Mockingjay had some loose ends and somethings that happened didn't really have any sort of purpose in the grand scheme of things. regardless, I'm excited for the movie except I'm not getting my hopes up.

But for all of you who liked The Hunger Games Trilogy, I'd recommend The Maze Runner Trilogy to you. It's kind of the same thing and it was really exciting. It isn't as action packed as The Hunger Games (where every chapter ended with a cliff hanger) but it will still keep you interested! Definitely a good read!

I read The Hunger Games right when it came out (I was the first one to rent it from my school's library) and since then I've been a fan. I knew once I had finished the first book, it was gonna be the next big thing in the book world. I thought the first and second books were awesome but I LEGIT hate the third book. The ending feels very rushed and none of the events felt really thought out/purposeful and it seemed she was just creating these situations to kill people off all willy nilly. Of course, I compared the writing to HP, but Suzanne Collins is no JK Rowling... The thing I loved about HP was that every little thing had a purpose/role in the ending of the series. Nothing was left out and there were no loose ends. Mockingjay had some loose ends and somethings that happened didn't really have any sort of purpose in the grand scheme of things. regardless, I'm excited for the movie except I'm not getting my hopes up.

But for all of you who liked The Hunger Games Trilogy, I'd recommend The Maze Runner Trilogy to you. It's kind of the same thing and it was really exciting. It isn't as action packed as The Hunger Games (where every chapter ended with a cliff hanger) but it will still keep you interested! Definitely a good read!

Same.

I've also read the Maze Runner, though i've only read the first one, it was very good!

Divergent (Veronica Roth) is a really good book too. The first in a trilogy, the second one comes out in early May. Same dystopian society setting. Very interesting.

Another good one is Unwind (Neal Shusterman).....kind of disturbing premise, but makes you think.

Divergent (Veronica Roth) is a really good book too. The first in a trilogy, the second one comes out in early May. Same dystopian society setting. Very interesting.

Another good one is Unwind (Neal Shusterman).....kind of disturbing premise, but makes you think.
ughh! i'm in love with this book! i'm so excited for Insurgent!
i love these type of dystopian novels!

Unwind was very good, but yes, I DEF agree with the disturbing part. Shusterman writes some very dark books. Great ideas, but very, very dark. And I've been dying to start reading the divergent series. Hopefully I can spend all next week of Spring Break reading it!

I have over 10o books on my shelf so if you need recommendations I can give you some. I agree with maze runner..very good. I'm into fantasy so if you like fantasy hit me up. Some I would recommend now is city of bones, Percy Jackson (love), I am number 4! (also love)

I have over 10o books on my shelf so if you need recommendations I can give you some. I agree with maze runner..very good. I'm into fantasy so if you like fantasy hit me up. Some I would recommend now is city of bones, Percy Jackson (love), I am number 4! (also love)

Yes!! LOVE all of them!

The Mortal Instruments series is my absolute favorite series ever (even over HP:oops:), any thing my Cassandra Clare really!

Not available in paperback....the guy at Barnes and Noble said they're selling too well, so it will be awhile before they're re-released in paperback. So I bought them through Amazon. Now I wait a week till I get them.

You guys are making me so anxious for summer so that I can read all these series!! They've been on my list forever! Note about the I Am Number Four book, if you read it, DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE. Worst book to movie adaptation ever. Ever ever EVER.

So if there is a movie coming out for a book that I haven't read, I've learned to watch the movie THEN read the book. That way, I watch the movie and like it (not disappointed) and then I read the book and also like it. I get to appreciate both the book and the movie as they own separate things, not as "the movie didn't like up to the book"

You guys are making me so anxious for summer so that I can read all these series!! They've been on my list forever! Note about the I Am Number Four book, if you read it, DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE. Worst book to movie adaptation ever. Ever ever EVER.
Percy Jackson....now that was a terrible book to movie adaptation. They didn't even use the same plot line. Like if the book is a best seller than what makes you think that you need to change the plot line completely in the movie. I understand leaving out back stories, unimportant details etc. but changing the whole plot line? thats just stupid.

Percy Jackson....now that was a terrible book to movie adaptation. They didn't even use the same plot line. Like if the book is a best seller than what makes you think that you need to change the plot line completely in the movie. I understand leaving out back stories, unimportant details etc. but changing the whole plot line? thats just stupid.
amen to this. i was so mad when i saw the movie, let's hope Hunger games does justice.

I loved "I am Number 4" the book...didn't even see the movie because I didn't want to ruin it for myself. Same with Percy Jackson, I could read those all day (just started the Lost Olympians series).

Back