OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does the movie follow the book pretty close?
Yes. There are a few differences, mainly how Katniss gets the Mockingjay pin, but overall it is very close to the book and also expands on the book. We get to see some things outside of Katniss's perspective such as President Snow and Seneca Crane's conversations, commentary by Ceasar Flickerman on the games, etc as well.

ahhhh completely obsessed. read the first one in like one day, and cant wait to see the movie. though it really reminds me of the goblet of fire. not complaining though, huge harry potter nerd over here.

I thought it was alright... Some things disappointed me (like cutting short the song, the way she gets the pin, the way the gamemakers controlled the days, the dogs) but all in all it was pretty good

Do you think if I read it on schmoop (with is like sparknotes but more detailed) it would be the same, generally? I don't think I have time or can finish it by Wednesday!
I read it in the day of the premier finishing 10 minutes before the movie started! You won't be able to put it down.

I am very glad there werent any major differences, just some details. I do wish they would have showed how they controlled the Game a little more, the dogs' faces, and of course the pin. I thought it was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I went with a group of friends and I could certainly tell who had read the book and who hadn't.

Ok! Do you know if there is one i can read online (probably not) I can't get it this weekend!

You could buy the ebook from amazon and Barnes and noble and read it on your computer with their software or on your smartphone with their apps.

Their are other ways to get it, but it's not really worth it.

I just finished the last book, and I am SO CONFUSED.
I finished last night, and I laid in bed just pondering it for a while...still confused.

It wasnt as sad as I thought it was going to be..obviously it was a tearjerker, but the way y'all were describing it I thought Katniss, Peeta, and Gale were all going to die!

I finally saw the movie today and I didn't think it was all that great. Maybe if I didn’t hear all of these people talking about how amazing it was, I would have enjoyed it more. I feel like it was way too played up. It wasn’t a bad movie by any means, but I didn’t think there was anything overly amazing about it. I expected more.

I finished last night, and I laid in bed just pondering it for a while...still confused.
At first after the parachute bit, I thought she was dreaming so I carried on reading expecting her to wake up, but when she didn't and I realised it was real I was like "WTF" :confused:

Team Peeta :D Although I can't imagine him being blonde, I'm not sure why.

Saw the movie today and I absolutely adore it! I'm sooo happy it pretty much followed the book about 90%. Team Peeta.<333

Back