All-Star Icu Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No medals for Scotland but still incredibly proud of all of those junior girls, represented the country so well and put out two amazing routines. xx
Aw they all did so well!! Looking forward to seeing the pom and hiphop Team Scotland routines later :)

I'm ready for the Elite Categories!
I am very curious to see England and Slovenia
Also Germany of course
And Premiere will be a battle , Finland is not playing this year, i can't wait!!!!!

Just a reminder, the elite cheer divisions are about to begin their preliminary round!!

There'll be two venues today, HP Centre for cheer and Jostens for dance.

Okay so, I believe I have missed a memo this year

Questions I have:

1. Is the junior division new for worlds this year?
2. Did the Eastside Middle School Win 1st at UCA to be able to represent the USA ?
3. How are they able to double if they are middle school? baskets?
4. Are all of these junior teams middle school ages?

I apologize if this has already been talked about - I feel like I definitely missed something this year hahaa

Okay so, I believe I have missed a memo this year

Questions I have:

1. Is the junior division new for worlds this year?
2. Did the Eastside Middle School Win 1st at UCA to be able to represent the USA ?
3. How are they able to double if they are middle school? baskets?
4. Are all of these junior teams middle school ages?

I apologize if this has already been talked about - I feel like I definitely missed something this year hahaa

1. Yes, new for this season for ICU.
2. Yes, the winners of UCA were chosen.
3. They got a new routine for ICU Championships, and were not confined to the UCA/middle school rules. ICU elite division allows doubles, and if the kids have the skills, why leave them out of the new routine?
4. The ICU Junior division is ages 12-16 so they are all within that range.

If you're bored and would like to read about the divisions: http://cheerunion.org.ismmedia.com/...2017_World-Cheerleading-Championships_wJr.pdf

Side note: for all of ICU, juniors included, the division winners of the advanced divisions are required to compete elite in 2018. Is this a new rule? or have I been living under a rock?

Omg team Italy all girl! I had never seen or heard of any cheer team from Italy so I wasn't really expecting that much out of them but they blew me away! I'm so sad they fell they had a real shot at the medal.

My stream is freezing so much. Anyone else or it's my internet?
Mine froze the moment Korea ended their cheer section.

I wish more countries cheered in their native language. I know the competition is held in an English-speaking country, but I feel like one of the better ways you can stand out and reflect your country's "style"(can't find a better word) is through the cheer section... because at the end of the day, everyone's stunts, pyramid and tumbling can only vary so much.

I suppose it can also be showcased in the dance and transitions, but the cheer section is just such an important component.

Mine froze the moment Korea ended their cheer section.

I wish more countries cheered in their native language. I know the competition is held in an English-speaking country, but I feel like one of the better ways you can stand out and reflect your country's "style"(can't find a better word) is through the cheer section... because at the end of the day, everyone's stunts, pyramid and tumbling can only vary so much.

I suppose it can also be showcased in the dance and transitions, but the cheer section is just such an important component.

My guess is it's more for crowd involvement. Most of the fans in the audience speak English and if you want them to repeat your chants, it's probably easier. One of my Korean friends always tries to teach me words and I have to repeat it a solid 12 times before it sounds right, so in a quick cheer I get why they do it.

I don't disagree with you though; the fun of ICU is all of the countries represented and seeing little bits of their country and culture coming through in the routine.

My guess is it's more for crowd involvement. Most of the fans in the audience speak English and if you want them to repeat your chants, it's probably easier. One of my Korean friends always tries to teach me words and I have to repeat it a solid 12 times before it sounds right, so in a quick cheer I get why they do it.

I don't disagree with you though; the fun of ICU is all of the countries represented and seeing little bits of their country and culture coming through in the routine.

Korean is really hard for westerners to parrot, it has a sound that doesn't exist in western languages that took my FOREVER to even kind of get, and you speak it with a different mouth shape.
Plus anyone educated in Korea speaks English, like to a scary accurate level. Same with Scandinavian people.

That being said I wish people would cheer (and use signs) in their native language!

Back