All-Star International Coed 5/all-girl 5 Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

they dont always get at large. yes, many do. but a team from my gym pretty much always gets a partial paid bid every yr.
also paid bids arnt given out very often because competition programs are obviously not as big and they are in the States.
So if you feel that teams are being cheated positions in finals. switch divisions and leave internation to true international teams. and not enter international b/c its easier

The division was absolutely NOT created to give teams from any particular country a "chance to win". It was created because teams with that particular set of age ranges did not have the opportunity to compete at all. Many teams included athletes that were over 18 and did not fit anywhere in the division grid. USASF set up the new age bracket to give them the opportunity to compete. It had nothing to do with giving them a better chance to place high.

The US "International" teams are competing in those divisions for precisely the same reasons that the non-US teams are: they have athletes over 18. They can't simply "switch to a harder division" because they don't necessarily fit into those age ranges.

I continue to feel that basing finals on the addresses of the gyms rather than score is unfair. Why should the 4th highest scoring team (often in the top 10% of all scores in the division) sit in the stands while teams that finished 30+ places behind them compete in finals? Once the competition starts, results should not be affected by where your gym is located.

I think they should allow up to 5 teams per country, but also add a requirement that you must finish in the top half in prelims to move to finals.

The division was absolutely NOT created to give teams from any particular country a "chance to win". It was created because teams with that particular set of age ranges did not have the opportunity to compete at all. Many teams included athletes that were over 18 and did not fit anywhere in the division grid. USASF set up the new age bracket to give them the opportunity to compete. It had nothing to do with giving them a better chance to place high.

The US "International" teams are competing in those divisions for precisely the same reasons that the non-US teams are: they have athletes over 18. They can't simply "switch to a harder division" because they don't necessarily fit into those age ranges.

I continue to feel that basing finals on the addresses of the gyms rather than score is unfair. Why should the 4th highest scoring team (often in the top 10% of all scores in the division) sit in the stands while teams that finished 30+ places behind them compete in finals? Once the competition starts, results should not be affected by where your gym is located.

i didnt say it was so they could win. but yes many of those countries do have 18+ but i would say that they have this because they have a very limited amount of people to put on their teams. no other country is as developed in cheerleading as the USa

I think they should allow up to 5 teams per country, but also add a requirement that you must finish in the top half in prelims to move to finals.
i disagree with up to 5 teams, but yes finish within the top half at prelims

i disagree with up to 5 teams, but yes finish within the top half at prelims

I think it needs to be a higher number than 3, even if you add restrictions like teams 4 & 5 have to be in the top 25% of prelims. I agree with BlueCat that #4 in prelims shouldn't be left out of finals when a team significantly below them is allowed in just because they are from a less competitive country. The goal of a competition is to find the best team or teams and that scenario goes against that goal.

Another option may be allowing up to 5 teams if they score 90% of what the leader scored.

The problem is allowing the alarmingly high number of US teams to attend Worlds in the first place. If it was done like true international competition then only a small set number of teams could attend Worlds. For example, the US is generally far better at basketball then the rest of the world. However, the US can only send 1 team to compete at the Olympics/World Championships.

I believe the US trials should be held one or two weeks prior to worlds, then those few teams would have the opportunity to attend Worlds.

I'd be okay with every country only sending one team, but either way I think the best teams at the event should be the ones to make it to finals.

yeah its not fair at all... but if they change it so internationals are not making finals, they wont come, no international teams means "Worlds" is not longer worlds, its north american nationals basically... "NAN" hahaha

their are other international cheer comps, such as in europe and teams will just go there,

when you watch worlds on ESPN their very quick to say 238745923764912673 teams competing here today from the usa and 109 International teams from 32 different countries, in a MUCH more excited tone, its what makes worlds different from NCA and cheersport, and they dont want to lose that. you can't say competition companies dont pull strings here and there to keep programs happy... worlds is no different

to summarize... i agree its not fair to make alot of good teams sit out,

but you have to take yourself out of the USA and think about from Japans perspective, or germany, worlds is a much bigger deal, they have probably gone to the only company that provides an AT LARGE bid, paid their own way which is significantly more than what the USA athletes pay, you want to be competeing at least twice to come half way arounf the world... and honestly IMO!!!!! no one remembers 4th yeah it would be great to go home saying thats what you got, but we all remember the top 3, so really? top 5 usa teams? what does it matter, everyone is really only going to care about who got 1 2 and 3, ... purely IMO

The problem is allowing the alarmingly high number of US teams to attend Worlds in the first place. If it was done like true international competition then only a small set number of teams could attend Worlds. For example, the US is generally far better at basketball then the rest of the world. However, the US can only send 1 team to compete at the Olympics/World Championships.

I believe the US trials should be held one or two weeks prior to worlds, then those few teams would have the opportunity to attend Worlds.

YOUR ONTO SOMTHING....

i think USA competeing twice on sat is a small step towards this idea

thats
I'd be okay with every country only sending one team, but either way I think the best teams at the event should be the ones to make it to finals.
basically ICU

like i could take my team to ICU from australia and probably place top 3... but as we all know, HARD MAT and a cheer really change the dynamics of a routine... and over here downunder, we comptete true all star, where would i compete and practie this ICU routine?

some programs here will try and do two different routines with similar skills and same people, for icu friday, nations cup sat and sunday... but IMO we've trained for a year and half to make it to worlds due to ourseason being different from USA, there is absolutley NO WAY, im letting my athletes compete on hard mat before sat and sun and risk and injury after 1.5 years leading upto that moment... HELL TO THE NO

There is no problem with allowing the US international teams to attend worlds because they cut it down to three teams for finals anyways. Plus this is all stars so any Olympic or ICU idea or concept is not going to work in all star cheerleading. Maybe it could have worked years ago but now, not a chance. There is to much money generated. The one or week trails prior to worlds is not a bad idea, but the event companies would have a COW because the only time they are not having a competition is the weekend of the Cheerleading Worlds.

Back