All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I could cheer at the MHSAA format for the rest of my life I would. It actually bums me out that if I want to cheer again it has to be allstar lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could cheer at the MHSAA format for the rest of my life I would. It actually bums me out that if I want to cheer again it has to be allstar lol

I was so the opposite. I was so excited to move to Indiana and cheer allstar, but two years later I find myself missing Michigan cheer more than I thought I would. I was so pumped to have cheer music lol.

Random ?- did you ever encounter any teams that would know their rounds before competitive season started? I would go to open gyms and -in the summer- I saw our biggest rival practicing their rounds already for that upcoming year. That was so upsetting.

I was so the opposite. I was so excited to move to Indiana and cheer allstar, but two years later I find myself missing Michigan cheer more than I thought I would. I was so pumped to have cheer music lol.

Random ?- did you ever encounter any teams that would know their rounds before competitive season started? I would go to open gyms and -in the summer- I saw our biggest rival practicing their rounds already for that upcoming year. That was so upsetting.
That's so funny, I hate doing routines to music and I love doing routines to words!
And no not really! Just round 2s bc obvi the 8ct is the same for 2 years- we used to try out with it. But that reallyyyyy sucks. It's so unfair to everyone else that follows the rules :(

If anyone wants to post some links to their favorite J5 routines/teams from years past.. I'd love to watch them!

I've been waiting all day to post these. Some are real throwbacks and the routines are obviously not at the level they are now but back then they were killer. What they lack in skill though, they make up in choreography and entertainment.

WC Starlites 2007 Worlds - All time favorite routine. I'm pretty sure the last pass is Kelsey Rule (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That girl does not get a break from running tumbling all the way til the end. I'd be dead.

All Star Legacy J5 2008 - Also one of my favorite routines ever. Someone took down their Worlds Prelims video. This video does not do their routine justice like the Worlds one does. Their choreography is so so so entertaining. Jumps are dance are great. Also, in Prelims at Worlds, one of their bases hurt her knee really bad like 20 seconds into the routine. In their partner stunt, the spotter and another teammate in the stunt group helped her off the floor. The routine went on and, if I remember correctly, every stunt hit, even the ones she was basing in. I think a front spot jumped in all her spots so the stunts could go up. Really quite something, especially for a young team. And in the worlds video, that little boy in the beginning threw a standing whip full with another little girl. A junior team. in 2008.

GBE Lime 2010 - I think the whole board was Lime obsessed back in 2010. Those girls can perform the heck outta their routine. I love the broadway theme they did every year, too.

Celebrity Cheer Junior 5 2008- Before they merged with East Elite and became ECE.

ECE J5 2013 - Out of the 24,000 views on this video, I can assure you that 23,00 of them are mine. There are other videos of this routine that show the whole mat but it does not do their energy justice. Ugh so good.

Cali Jr. Mafia 2012
California Allstars Junior Mafia @ Jamz 11-17-12 - YouTube

I've been waiting all day to post these. Some are real throwbacks and the routines are obviously not at the level they are now but back then they were killer. What they lack in skill though, they make up in choreography and entertainment.

WC Starlites 2007 Worlds - All time favorite routine. I'm pretty sure the last pass is Kelsey Rule (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That girl does not get a break from running tumbling all the way til the end. I'd be dead.

All Star Legacy J5 2008 - Also one of my favorite routines ever. Someone took down their Worlds Prelims video. This video does not do their routine justice like the Worlds one does. Their choreography is so so so entertaining. Jumps are dance are great. Also, in Prelims at Worlds, one of their bases hurt her knee really bad like 20 seconds into the routine. In their partner stunt, the spotter and another teammate in the stunt group helped her off the floor. The routine went on and, if I remember correctly, every stunt hit, even the ones she was basing in. I think a front spot jumped in all her spots so the stunts could go up. Really quite something, especially for a young team. And in the worlds video, that little boy in the beginning threw a standing whip full with another little girl. A junior team. in 2008.

GBE Lime 2010 - I think the whole board was Lime obsessed back in 2010. Those girls can perform the heck outta their routine. I love the broadway theme they did every year, too.

Celebrity Cheer Junior 5 2008- Before they merged with East Elite and became ECE.

ECE J5 2013 - Out of the 24,000 views on this video, I can assure you that 23,00 of them are mine. There are other videos of this routine that show the whole mat but it does not do their energy justice. Ugh so good.

Cali Jr. Mafia 2012

This just made me emotional, so that's fun.

I'd also like to add the CA Jags lucky 7 routine, when they won nca 7x in a row. And they formed a 7 and did ripple standing backs, so good. I think I did that routine in my living room so often that I could still do it to this day.

Oh and the celebrity j5 love routine. I feel like it was also 04, but may have been 05. All I know is they came in 2nd and it was our gyms first year being there so it was like unbelievable.

I can't find videos online but I have both on my best of the best DVDs from nca (which were awesome) and still watch from time to time. If anyone can find them online feel free to post.

Can I just tell you...I am OBSESSED with Round 1 of Michigan cheerleading!!! The storybook cheers and insane motions make it almost equivalent to what cheerleading was like in my neck of the woods in the 1980s. You ladies exemplify what motions should look like EVERYWHERE, and the overall precision of the jumps, motions, and standing tumbling should serve as a model for all teams to emulate. I'm in awe of how teams like Rochester and Southgate-Anderson can make such simple basics give you goosebumps. Kudos to you all!

Can I just tell you...I am OBSESSED with Round 1 of Michigan cheerleading!!! The storybook cheers and insane motions make it almost equivalent to what cheerleading was like in my neck of the woods in the 1980s. You ladies exemplify what motions should look like EVERYWHERE, and the overall precision of the jumps, motions, and standing tumbling should serve as a model for all teams to emulate. I'm in awe of how teams like Rochester and Southgate-Anderson can make such simple basics give you goosebumps. Kudos to you all!
Aw I love this!!!!! I love it so much, I'm glad other people do too haha. Thanks on behalf of all Michigan cheerleaders ;)

Cali Jr. Mafia 2012

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING ALL OF THESE!! Each one of these were incredible and so much fun to watch!! <3

Back