All-Star Jam Brands Vs. Coed Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
At the Jam U Conference - at a Scoresheet Seminar - it was brought up whether or not it would be considered Coed Stunting if a Girl was basing it (to max out you need MAJORITY boys doing unassisted one legged, 4 body positions) - so a Girl would NOT count towards Coed scores. Whats your thoughts on the matter? Yay? Nay? Indifferent?

This was brought up at the Northeast meeting by our gym owner. We have 2 girls on our coed 5 team that can coed stunt with the best of them!! kind of stinks that we wont get any credit for it.....

It just gets tricky w/ the word "majority". If you say the majority of PEOPLE on coed teams need to be doing it to get the points, that adds a lot more pressure to the entire team (girls and guys a like) to stunt w/ only 1 to 2 bases as opposed to the just the men on the team having that pressure. I think most people just want to see something along of the lines of "bonus points" for ladies that can hold their own as well, rewards instead of expectations.

We were told that we would ONLY get credit for the guys - because its COED stunting......

I don't think that Coed stunting and All girl stunting reflect the gender of who is in the group but more the style of the stunt.

It needs to be referred to as Single Based stunting and Group stunting.

I don't think that Coed stunting and All girl stunting reflect the gender of who is in the group but more the style of the stunt.

Agreed! You have partner stunts and group stunts, I mean a group with a guy in the group is coed. All partner stunting should get the same amount of credit, rather it's a male base or not.

PR nightmare right there. Jamfest is WRONG. It is Single Based stunting, not coed. Which is why we call it group stunting, not all girl. If a girl does a single base then yes, she should get the points.

beat me by 4 minutes. dang.

imrichhowboutu said:

Thank you Rich! It's really as simple as that. Really.

Back