All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

However, "we are having a new invitation-only competition with two divisions and the winners receive free trips to Europe." is not the same thing as "win a 33% discount off your expenses to come teach a clinic for us."
Perfect. Just thought that needed to be reposted in case anyone missed it the first time!

how about the girls on panthers each just get a check for $500? they're winners, too. that money should be theirs.
They should at least reimburse them for the majors. I know the entry was free, but they did pay to fly to indy and stay in a hotel. A trip that they would not have taken if not for the majors. Basically they traveled all that way for a glorified exhibition.

They should at least reimburse them for the majors. I know the entry was free, but they did pay to fly to indy and stay in a hotel. A trip that they would not have taken if not for the majors. Basically they traveled all that way for a glorified exhibition.

But they could've said no. I'm not in disagreement that Jammy screwed up, but to reimburse flight and hotel is a bit much. If they didn't win, they would've paid to get there, as a glorified exhibition.

I agree with NJ Coach on this one. By your logic, shouldn't they reimburse ALL of the participants that competed in the Majors? They all went and didn't get anything either. I mean, they didn't all win, but they paid for the trip and walked away with less than Panthers or Coed Elite did, trip to Europe or not.

I agree with NJ Coach on this one. By your logic, shouldn't they reimburse ALL of the participants that competed in the Majors? They all went and didn't get anything either. I mean, they didn't all win, but they paid for the trip and walked away with less than Panthers or Coed Elite did, trip to Europe or not.

I've got no issue for any of the teams that didn't win. But CEA & CA both won and had expectations of what the prize was going to be. It's nothing close to that.

Of course the teams didn't go with a hope of winning their travel expenses to Indy. They went with a hope of winning travel expenses to England.

In this case, the losers and winners got about the same thing.

I've got no issue for any of the teams that didn't win. But CEA & CA both won and had expectations of what the prize was going to be. It's nothing close to that.

Of course the teams didn't go with a hope of winning their travel expenses to Indy. They went with a hope of winning travel expenses to England.

In this case, the losers and winners got about the same thing.
I don't know if I totally agree with this. These 9 teams all went with the thoughts that if they do win, they'd receive this imaginary paid trip to England.

All those teams who participated in the Majors we led to believe in a prize that didn't exist. I would bet knowing this beforehand, some of the teams would've opted competing in Indy for a bid at SuperNationals, or some wouldn't have attended at all.

Live and learn, I guess. But I still think ALL the teams who attended the Majors got ripped off.

I don't know if I totally agree with this. These 9 teams all went with the thoughts that if they do win, they'd receive this imaginary paid trip to England.

All those teams who participated in the Majors we led to believe in a prize that didn't exist. I would bet knowing this beforehand, some of the teams would've opted competing in Indy for a bid at SuperNationals, or some wouldn't have attended at all.

Live and learn, I guess. But I still think ALL the teams who attended the Majors got ripped off.
Live and learn is a hard pill to swallow when you consider the $1000s of dollars spent to get to Indy and stay there in hopes of a prize that, knowing otherwise, many people would have opted not to attend. That's like telling Madoff victims 'live and learn!'

Live and learn is a hard pill to swallow when you consider the $1000s of dollars spent to get to Indy and stay there in hopes of a prize that, knowing otherwise, many people would have opted not to attend. That's like telling Madoff victims 'live and learn!'
I agree! I guess I should've made my live and learn comment a bit more sarcastic! I don't think Jamfest will do anything to make this right, hence the "live and learn, I guess" comment. If they do the Majors this year, the teams invited will be more educated on what they will or won't receive due to this fiasco.

Still feel really bad for the kids on coed who paid the same time and money to go to Indy and now have to stay home and watch half of the team get to go to England.

I just wish I had had the opportunity to have a conversation with my CP before we even went to Indy about what our family could and couldn't do $$$ wise instead of having to do it after the fact when she had dreams of going to England with her team. She still would have competed and given it her all....but to a 13 year old it looks like her Mama let her down. Maybe that's why I'm so upset. Like I said earlier, there is a life lesson in this whole thing and she will be a better person for learning it. I'm trying to see the positive's here. LOL

I do not begrudge the kids and staff that get to go and represent our program in Europe. I am over the moon excited for them to be able to take this once in a lifetime trip. I hope it is everything they imagine it will be and more. The kids who are going will represent our program very well I have no doubt!

Edited to change her age. She's 13 now, and I am dragging my feet accepting it right ufomom?

But they could've said no. I'm not in disagreement that Jammy screwed up, but to reimburse flight and hotel is a bit much. If they didn't win, they would've paid to get there, as a glorified exhibition.

Say no like WC Shooting Stars did.

For the record, the discrepancy between what we were told the prize was going to be and what the prize actually turned out to be was really our only issue with the whole event. The competition itself was fantastic, the staff was great, and the kids on both of our teams had a great time.

However, "we are having a new invitation-only competition with two divisions and the winners receive free trips to Europe." is not the same thing as "win a 33% discount off your expenses to come teach a clinic for us."
And to add to your "win a 33% discount off your expenses to come teach a clinic for us..." you can add "and you came all the way to Indy, but can't compete for a full paid bid."

So from what I gather, teams got a couple free shirts, picture frame, and a misrepresented trip to travel and compete in the most hyped event ever. Additionally, they graciously designed a ring for winning teams......but athletes had to pay for if they wanted them.

Whereas Nfinity gave them a warm-up suit, backpack, and pair of shoes. Props to Nfinity, but Jambrands seems like a big fail. Guess I'll re-hitch my horse to the Varsity wagon.

So from what I gather, teams got a couple free shirts, picture frame, and a misrepresented trip to travel and compete in the most hyped event ever. Additionally, they graciously designed a ring for winning teams......but athletes had to pay for if they wanted them.

Whereas Nfinity gave them a warm-up suit, backpack, and pair of shoes. Props to Nfinity, but Jambrands seems like a big fail. Guess I'll re-hitch my horse to the Varsity wagon.
Picture frame that had parts falling off of it by the time we packed to come home.

didnt get those yet i dont think. but the experience of winning was something that will never be forgotton. Yeah we were mislead but like he said, you "live and you learn"

Back