All-Star Kendall Jenner Representing Varsity On E!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you guys are being incredibly harsh. No matter what you think of her family, she is a CHEERLEADER. She may not be a level 5 world champion, but she is a part of our sport. You all are constantly complaining that lower level athletes don't get enough recognition, but here is a lower level athlete representing the sport very well IMO.

Also for all of the parents on here that are saying these nasty things about her and her family, you should be ashamed. Her being related to someone you don't respect does not give you the right to talk trash about her.[/q

Love your post!! I think Kendall is a great choice!

I really liked this! The thing that makes me laugh is how most of the Kardashian and Jenner kids have jobs or get good publicity or something but Rob is still getting allowance from Khloe. I feel like Kendall and the rest of the family is wayy more mature then him. Just had to get that off my chest. haha.

I think you guys are being incredibly harsh. No matter what you think of her family, she is a CHEERLEADER. She may not be a level 5 world champion, but she is a part of our sport. You all are constantly complaining that lower level athletes don't get enough recognition, but here is a lower level athlete representing the sport very well IMO.

Also for all of the parents on here that are saying these nasty things about her and her family, you should be ashamed. Her being related to someone you don't respect does not give you the right to talk trash about her.

This is the best comment I've seen on this thread so far.... a thousand shimmies to you!

That's how I feel. It's kind of like oh here, high school cheerleader who happens to be part of the Kardashian clan. Who in their right mind is going to take cheer seriously without someone legit?

See but that is just it, Varsity has other customers other then allstar cheer, hs, middle school and rec are a huge part of the industry, its just not what you are used to paying attention to. Her becoming a rep for Varsity has nothing to do with Allstars and believe me Jeff Webb and any marketing peeps at Varsity know what they are doing, clearly even the Allstars peeps are talking about her and that was not their goal.....get it? It's working. Job done on their part.

I'm not sure what Kendall Jenner did to make everyone so mad. She's 15. She hasn't gotten into any trouble that I'm aware of. She seems respectful of the sport.

Is the issue that Kendall doesn't represent the "high-level athlete", or are you projecting your hate of her family on her?

Again, this is a minor we're talking about.

I love her. Don't get me wrong she is gorgeous and nice, but I don't know how I feel about this. It's not like seeing Maddie on CNN. Here's the video

i love kendall and the rest of the kardashians & i think kendall is a great spokesperson for varsity but i feel like no one will take cheerleading seriously now. i mean unless she can prove herself & show the world that that cheerleading is a challenging competitive sport.

hmm, interesting thread.

I think she represented the activity of Sideline Cheer and doing community service very well

hmm, interesting thread.

Exactly, she is promoting school spirit and giving back to the community through service to charity.
I think she represented the activity of Sideline Cheerleading and the spirit of community service very well.

But I can see why it's confusing. That's part of the whole misconception about All Stars being called cheerleaders. You don't cheer and you don't lead a crowd. Your purpose is to compete a skill set. So when sideline cheerleaders and competitive cheer athletes were lumped together it made it even more difficult for the world to accept the "skill set" as a sport because when you say cheerleader to most people, they think Dallas Cowboys.

Now All Star cheerleaders think that someone who can't throw a full isn't worthy to represent cheerleading. I can see their point if it were about all stars. However it's just confusion and just another reason besides safety why we need to clarify between sideline cheerleaders who are school ambassadors and All Stars who compete a skill set.

Exactly, she is promoting school spirit and giving back to the community through service to charity.
I think she represented the activity of Sideline Cheerleading and the spirit of community service very well.

But I can see why it's confusing. That's part of the whole misconception about All Stars being called cheerleaders. You don't cheer and you don't lead a crowd. Your purpose is to compete a skill set. So when sideline cheerleaders and competitive cheer athletes were lumped together it made it even more difficult for the world to accept the "skill set" as a sport because when you say cheerleader to most people, they think Dallas Cowboys.

Now All Star cheerleaders think that someone who can't throw a full isn't worthy to represent cheerleading. I can see their point if it were about all stars. However it's just confusion and just another reason besides safety why we need to clarify between sideline cheerleaders who are school ambassadors and All Stars who compete a skill set.

You took the words out of my mouth. Coming from someone who does both, it's hard to tell a person who knows nothing about all the different types of cheer how they are different. How do I prove to someone that allstar cheer is different when it isn't put on tv unless you consider Bring It On a good example. If all they see is some okay stuff from high school and girls wearing practically nothing and just looking pretty in the big time sports, in their mind it's hard to picture something else.

"Oh so it's like what you do for the school except just you compete?" I can't tell you how many times I've gotten that one.

[URL='http://forum.fierceboard.com/members/xxdefyinggravity1.12656/' said:
xxDefyingGravity1[/URL]]i think kendall is a great spokesperson for varsity but i feel like no one will take cheerleading seriously now.

I don't think Kendall Jenner's influence is that high.

I kind of like Kendall and Kylie (?) Jenner. Luckily their Dad (who is awesome btw) keeps a pretty tight rein on what he allows Kris to do with them because they are his kids. My favorite episode with them was when they tied Brody to a chair when he had to babysit them....classic...

I would have rather seen her do a jump than that sideline she did. I didn't like how she wore the Varsity uniform while everyone else from her school wore their regular uniform. Even though she is the spokesmodel for Varsity, I think she should have been in her uniform like the rest of the team.

Also, I am overjoyed that she was basing the shoulder sit. Does this mean she is a base all around?

Back