High School Let's Talk Socks...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We wear nike elites in our school colors for competition. For games we wear white high socks that we have emboried with different logos.

My first year coaching, we bought the low cut socks that had the school color trim on top, following year girls wanted black low cuts (matched the uniform) so I ordered two packages from Eastbay or some store like that and split them between the girls. Last year they wanted white no shows and I just had everyone buy their own, think we're doing the same this year.

In regards to costs, as a coach and a mom I understand wanting to keep the costs down completely. I won't spend $200 for my son to play youth football because I think it's ridiculous amount considering he's 6 and they only play 6 games so I couldn't ask my parents to spend $500+ on one season of cheer. Our uniforms are school provided (which means we only get new ones every 5 years) so there is no expense there, I used fundraising money to buy poms-no cost to the parents, Uniforms are school provided-again paid out of fundraising (some girls purchased theirs, but that money went to buy someone else a warm-up the following year. this is our 4th year with these warmups), shoes were $48-parent's cost, no camp (don't feel it's necessary), parade shirt $30 and they can wear red soffee shorts which everyone already had (will also use same outfit for cheer clinic in fall), team t-shirt $20, bodysuits/spankies range from $20-$75 depending on how many extra they order or if they have their previous years. Best expense...BOWS! LOL the girls love them so I made a super cute bow for the parade (cost them $4 a piece), and ordering 4 other bows for a total of about $35.

I am surprised that some schools still do not use their camp wear as their year round practice wear (provided they are in a warm state if they have tanks)! We have always done it that way, granted we would usually buy t-shirts.

We do, we spend about $45/girl on 5 shirts they are responsible for their own shorts. They have mandatory practice clothes daily. We have 1 skort set that is a little more expensive but good for 1: sweltering hot games the first 2 weeks or so of september, clinics, etc. We do wear last day of camp.

Socks, I just buy them and give them out. The like their "high socks" for competition and seriously I think I spent $20 all season for them.

When asked what kind of socks we wanted to wear crew socks were an absolute no! It makes it harder to stunt for us and we just don't like the look. We all just wear white no shows that are probably $5 for a couple pairs and its so much easier considering our high costs already

When asked what kind of socks we wanted to wear crew socks were an absolute no! It makes it harder to stunt for us and we just don't like the look. We all just wear white no shows that are probably $5 for a couple pairs and its so much easier considering our high costs already
That is where my cps' team is, but coach wants them to wear the crew socks.

Do ankle braces go over or under the socks?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That is where my cps' team is, but coach wants them to wear the crew socks.

Do ankle braces go over or under the socks?

If I'm wearing just no shows I wear it over.. I'd imagine it would be the same but have cp but it on and see whichever feels more comfortable. I know with my knee brace I was told I had to be in direct contact with the skin but with leggings that just wasn't an option so it went over the leggings and worked just the same

I am mostly trying to figure out how crew socks would work with a brace. Hopefully, her ankles will get stronger. She keeps rolling them.

I am mostly trying to figure out how crew socks would work with a brace. Hopefully, her ankles will get stronger. She keeps rolling them.

Absolutely needs to be over the socks if she is a flyer. I can't imagine a backspot being able to grip anything if the sock was on top. They do make white braces if you're trying to keep the same look as a crew sock

Absolutely needs to be over the socks if she is a flyer. I can't imagine a backspot being able to grip anything if the sock was on top. They do make white braces if you're trying to keep the same look as a crew sock
Thanks, she is flying. I just got her new braces yesterday, black, of course.

Her older sister is her backspot. ;)

Thanks, she is flying. I just got her new braces yesterday, black, of course.

Her older sister is her backspot. ;)

Hopefully she hasn't worn them yet and you can return them? If she wears ASO braces the white ones are on sale and free shipping from Eastbay. Or even better would be if the coach picked no show socks and you didn't have to worry about it at all :)

Hopefully she hasn't worn them yet and you can return them? If she wears ASO braces the white ones are on sale and free shipping from Eastbay. Or even better would be if the coach picked no show socks and you didn't have to worry about it at all :)
Yeah, she can wear them for practice. I don't know if or when we are competing. I will know more in the next few days.

I am pretty handy with the athletic tape also.

Yeah my mom just paid like $300 for my school cheer stuff, and stuff that's in the package, is stuff we could have bought at like target or something. Really, $48 for a sportsbra I could find anywhere else that's cheaper!

Back