All-Star Male Flyer... Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the cali all male thread it said that worlds had a limit to how many boys could be in that division

No. But youd be hard pressed to find anyone whod let an all male team go. There is nothing to be gained by going.

Worlds packet: Senior Unlimited Coed: 12-18 years, 13 or more
males, 5 to 36 members for worlds.

Next year all male teams will be illegal.

No. But youd be hard pressed to find anyone whod let an all male team go. There is nothing to be gained by going.

Worlds packet: Senior Unlimited Coed: 12-18 years, 13 or more
males, 5 to 36 members for worlds.

Next year all male teams will be illegal.

Theyre not unlimited though, theyre level 6. They can compete all male at every comp but worlds

Theyre not unlimited though, theyre level 6. They can compete all male at every comp but worlds

Correct for Level 6. And that loophole will be closed next year as well I imagine.

Oh my god. How come people have such a rigid opinion about what "looks" good? GAH! What happened to that open-minded spirit i thought was common sense for ALL cheerleaders? Come ON! We as a group have been subject to a lot of prejudicm during the last five decades or something. Why keep it up between us? How are this sport going to evolve into something even more awesome if everyone keeps that old-fashioned "It-should-be-in-a-certain-way"-spirit?

There was a guy flying for a Norweigan squad att ECC a few years ago. And YES, he flew the stunt sequences as well. No one said it was inapropriete or not masculine. Everyone thought of one thing when they saw him. He was awesome. Period. Same thing with one of the junior guys in my own gym. He is AWESOME, you go Jack!!
I really didn't think us Europeeans were less traditional than you guys overseas. We look up to you. You have the skills, the creativity and the spirit many teams lack over here. And still, we dare to bring our boys up without a fuss.

In my opinion, you should get the chance. I might see the problem with you getting up there right NOW, since it's pretty much mid-season. You should however try out as a flyer next season. If you think you have the skills, put 'em to the test. Try finding a group that wanna practise with you and try something different. The fact that you are a boy shouldn't matter. Weight, hight, tightness, yada yada yada... It's the skill, the technique, and the spirit that counts.

I believe in you. You'll get up there, and when you do, I'll be the first to cheer for you.

Oh my god. How come people have such a rigid opinion about what "looks" good? GAH! What happened to that open-minded spirit i thought was common sense for ALL cheerleaders? Come ON! We as a group have been subject to a lot of prejudicm during the last five decades or something. Why keep it up between us? How are this sport going to evolve into something even more awesome if everyone keeps that old-fashioned "It-should-be-in-a-certain-way"-spirit?

There was a guy flying for a Norweigan squad att ECC a few years ago. And YES, he flew the stunt sequences as well. No one said it was inapropriete or not masculine. Everyone thought of one thing when they saw him. He was awesome. Period. Same thing with one of the junior guys in my own gym. He is AWESOME, you go Jack!!
I really didn't think us Europeeans were less traditional than you guys overseas. We look up to you. You have the skills, the creativity and the spirit many teams lack over here. And still, we dare to bring our boys up without a fuss.

In my opinion, you should get the chance. I might see the problem with you getting up there right NOW, since it's pretty much mid-season. You should however try out as a flyer next season. If you think you have the skills, put 'em to the test. Try finding a group that wanna practise with you and try something different. The fact that you are a boy shouldn't matter. Weight, hight, tightness, yada yada yada... It's the skill, the technique, and the spirit that counts.

I believe in you. You'll get up there, and when you do, I'll be the first to cheer for you.

Woah...Thank you so much! I was pretty much ready to give up XD

A little OT but does anyone have a video link of Matt Mcgrath flying at Stuntfest in Daytona? I can't find it but would love to see it!

Well I am from Idaho a gym in Twin falls has Anthony flying there stunt sequence and he has better flexibility than all of the girls. So if a boy can do it better than a girl more power to him. Maybe, girls should work harder so they dont feel threatened by boys wanting to take over there traditional roles!!!
wink.png

You know guys, I'm gonna go rogue here...for two reasons. For one, while it may not "look as pretty" or bc it's not acceptable at the moment or "normal", neither were male cheerleaders once upon a time.

I stopped reading your post right here. Men invented cheerleading. In fact, women weren't allowed to do cheerleading for a REALLY long time. I don't mean to offend you, just an interesting bit of information.

Sexism: Prejudice or Discrimination based on sex.

You can argue that sexism in certain circumstances is ok/acceptable, but you can't argue that it's *not* sexism because, if I was a girl, this wouldn't be an issue.
Sexism doesn't have a negative or positive connotation in the definition, so you can argue that sexism is in certain circumstances is positive. But this is a perfect example of sexism.

Um, a lot of girls have this issue. There are a LOT of girls who would like to be flyers, have the skills, and aren't given the chance. In fact, I have a kick double, and when they put in the basket sequence, they didn't have a 4th flyer to do a kick double so they taught a new girl (who only ended up being able to do a kick full and they still kept it), when they know I can kick double and another coach even stood up for me. It doesn't make sense. I don't get it. But you're not the only one. Even if you feel like you are because you're a boy; you're singling yourself out BECAUSE of your gender. I'm sorry to say, you're kind of making this into a "sexist" thing because its not common with males, but its a heck of a lot more common with girls and obviously gender has nothing to do with that.

Sorry, I'm ranting. Forgive me.

I feel like I saw Indiana Elite do one? Maybe not though...

Back on topic, I think what cheerbear was saying could work if your friends with some good, trustworthy level 5 bases and backspots. I'm a girl, but I really want to fly too, but I think I would get laughed at, considering I'm one of the tallest girls on my team, and 90% of the bases are smaller than me.

indiana elite didnt do hitch kick doubles..theyre level 4

so after you post the masculine male thread, you post this, someone's a little bitter apparently. *refers to avatar* obviously I am not against men being able to pull body positions, I can pull a bow to my head in jeans, and used to have a straight leg scorpion, but there's a place for everyone, and like the thread about masculine boys in cheer said, we need boy stunters, something we are losing. add male flyers into the mix and this sport becomes a joke to a straight male. we can stop with these stupid pointless threads please.

Back