All-Star Maryland Marlins Tsunami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They really are Americas sweethearts. They are true champions and showed what cheerleading is really about. It's not all about the fame, the title, the name, or the skill. It's the drive, the heart, the companionship, and the mental strength that really make a team a team. Marlins are not your average top contending large senior team. They are ordinary hard working determined girls doing extraordinary things.

These ladies have inspired so many people. And they made history. Congrats on being the only team to compete 4 times in 2 days at The Cheerleading Worlds. And not to mention you killed all 4 routines.
The coaching staff did an amazing job preparing this team and keeping them together through this roller-coaster.

"dont stop believing"

i have to say i couldnt help but cry when i watched these videos for this team to come together and perform the way they did is just amazing they are true champions in my eyes

Those vids are ok but dont reveal when and what was actually scored. There will be vids coming that show all four performances that include the lights going out on day 1 and the injury on day 2 that truly reveal the entire story.

The 2nd day video shows the injury and then picks up with their 2nd performance of finals.

They overcame so much and still did amazing on that fourth routine! Proud of all of them, and Brea I hope you get well soon!!

It's stuff like this that reminds me why I love all star cheer.
Amazed at Tsunami's strength and the cheer world's unified support for them.
I don't think anyone will underestimate them again.

Exactly, all I have to say is...
Do Not Underestimate Them Again!! :)

To me ,Marlins is the most inspiring Team of Worlds 2011! These Girls are so amazing, i love their routine and i love how they fought their way to Place 4 through all these obstacles!!!! Way to go Girls!!! You are the Deal!! And blessings to Brea!!Get better soon Girl!

As a Dad of two cp's on this team I must say that I could not be more proud of this teams performance at Worlds. At times it was almost surreal what was happening with the lights going out in prelims and then Brea's injury in finals and wondering just how much adversity can any one team handle in this environment. The emotions and choas we parents felt by being shuffled in and out of the viewing area and not knowing if or when they would next perform was nothing in comparison with the emotions that were going on backstage. To come out 4 times in two days and put up 31 stunts with just a bobble after struggling to hit much of the year and retooling the routine due to Brea's injury whereby losing one of our strongest flyers, point dancer, and major contributor in the pyramid in minutes (felt like hours) was nothing short of phenominal. Not to mention the owner/coach/mother having to deal with the emotions of tending to her injured daughter and at the same time having to pull the team together to perform once again for the fourth time was in my opinion the best coaching performance of the entire weekend. I cannot express my gratitude to each and every person in the Milkhouse on Sunday for the support that was shown this team coming back out for the 4th time. My oldest, who was competing for the very last time after 10 years in all-star, and with tears screaming down her face immediately after...said and I quote "it does not matter whether we finish first or last but when we walked out for the 4th & last time and saw the entire milkhouse stand and cheer for us & their fallen teammate, was without a doubt the greatest experience and most memorable moment of my entire 10 years as a cheerleader." I doubt any good Hollywood screenwriter could have scripted this any better and as a CheerDad I have to agree with my daughters assessment as it will go down as my fondest memory in all the years as well and yes, it was enough to make a grown man cry. Tsunami... round 2 did rise to the occasion and was an inspiration to many!

Your post brought tears to my eyes!

I just have to comment on this thread, I do not have time to read the all of the other comments right now so please excuse me if I am repeating here - I'm sure the Marlins won't.

I was absolutely blown away by their 4 (yes all 4) performances this weekend this team exemplified the heart, the passion, the spirit, the dedication and the never quit attitude of All Star Cheerleading - all of the reasons I am so incredibly passionate about our sport. To top it all off, as a coach, I found myself in tears at the Milkhouse to hear one of their leaders during their interview (which was right after the injury on day 2 - poor timing on the USASF's behalf - but I digress). This young women simply said, hey I thought we were only going to have the opportunity to compete twice this weekend but to have the opportunity to perform 4 times - I'll take it! What an amazing attitude.

So Maryland Marlins, you stole the show this weekend - AMAZING JOB athletes & coaches <3

Amazing performances this weekend!! You girls put so much emotion into all 4 of those routines and hit all of them!! Congrats on an outstanding showing! I love me some Maryland Marlins!!

Do we know why they had to do the whole routine over both days? (Charlotte did their whole routine over as well on day 1), was that for filming? I assume they were scored up to the point of the problem on the first routine and from that point on the second routine. These girls must have been exhausted!

I had the pleasure of being there to witness all 4 great performances! Congrats to them!!!

On a side note: someone turned to my daughter (in her Twister tshirt) while we were cheering on Tsunami for the second time on day 1, and said "you like them?" LOL, people don't believe everything you read on these boards, we have very good friends at this gym :)

Back