All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SOT had 2 stunt drops - 1 during stunts and 1 right at the end of the pyramid (girl landed on her butt)

*CORRECTION* - She was in a shoulder sit and dropped right to the floor at the end of pyramid

Well one of the cheerlebs from the team was doing a meet and greet, so kinda not fair to be nice when its for a magazine then rude when the sponsers not around.

I actually think that the majority of the kids who get rejected for signatures/pictures from the cheerlebs will say that they were rude even if they were not.

Actually I find it rather rude to expect cheerleaders to sign /take pictures. We've read enough about kids approaching them at the most inappropriate times and then calling them rude. And I can honestly understand that they don't want to sign anymore and I like that there are gyms that are taking any "rudeness" off from the athletes by saying when they allow signing/taking pictures. Because those athletes need to follow the gym-rules after all, right?

SOT had 2 stunt drops - 1 during stunts and 1 right at the end of the pyramid (girl landed on her butt)

Bet they still win though! #purplepoints
I'm torn...love some of those kids on Spirit but also love Obsession...

Cant say I'm all too thrilled that Special Needs is scored. They ALL deserve to be winners!

I used to think the same thing until a special needs parent told me they wanted their kid to be treated like everyone else. Never really thought of it like that.

I've always thought of it like that 12stepCheermom. Most of those parents do (and are tweeting about it). If you single out people for being handicapped, you're always drawing attention to the fact that they're not "normal". Parents who don't let their little children ask what's wrong when they see someone/something they don't understand are really just doing the other person a disservice. I cannot tell you how many times I've been thanked by people for allowing my daughter to ask what's wrong instead of her wondering out loud and me telling her to "shhh". I have many examples, but the most recent involved a man w/an artifical limb. We were at the dr. waiting for my appt. and she wanted to know what was wrong w/his leg. Even though she was quiet, it was obvious he heard her. We told her to go over and ask him, so she did. The gentleman was over the moon happy!! He said that's all he ever wishes for and he never gets it bc parents are too embarrassed that their kids are naturally wondering why someone was missing a limb and won't let them ask/tell them to "shhh", etc.

He proceeded to tell my daughter what happened and showed her what he could do w/his leg AND we found out that there are some really incredible advances that have come along w/artificial limbs. He was so happy bc he said that's what makes him feel "normal". I've always felt by not acknowledging the obvious you're just teaching your kid (albeit inadvertently) that they're "different" or "abnormal" compared to the rest of us, thus they whisper and even pick on handicap kids bc they lack the understanding. That's also exactly what that man told us as well. They're not stupid and by letting them all win, I'm willing to bet that instead of making them feel better, it makes them feel worse bc then you're saying, "hey, y'all aren't normal compared to all these other athletes". The Special Olympics is scored after all, right? Just my 2cents.

Bet they still win though! #purplepoints
I'm torn...love some of those kids on Spirit but also love Obsession...

Agree with you on this.

I really have to give it to the Spirit coaches in choreographing a routine where they can drop a stunt and still win. However, in my opinion, an NCA or World champion should not be dropping a major stunt in finals.

But hey, let's see what happens!

Back