All-Star New Cali Allstars/arizona Rumor - True Or False?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am placing my bets on Cali buying either Power or Desert Storm. Or Desert Storm buying out SCI in Tucson and the merging with Cali.
I hate to see SCI go, about 7 years ago when they were just starting out of Springs Gymnastics they had so much promise. I can see Cali merging with Power in Phoenix but can't imagine Kelly taking on a 2nd location that far from her family.
Only a couple more days and we will all know the truth and it will probably be extremely anticlimactic.....

Desert storm is NOT buying out SCI, nor are we merging with CA. We are doing just fine on own. In fact we hired a new in house choreographer from Louisville and have also added a worlds small sr 5, and a junior 5 to go along with our small coed 5 and international coed 5. Expect nothing but great things from Desert storm this season ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Desert storm is NOT buying out SCI, nor are we merging with CA. We are doing just fine on own. In fact we hired a new in house choreographer from Louisville and have also added a worlds small sr 5, and a junior 5 to go along with our small coed 5 and international coed 5. Expect nothing but great things from Desert storm this season ;)

O heyyy DSE.. Cant wait too see the sm senior.

I think if Cali added an large senior 5 or int coed 5 it would come out of the Livermore location! After them and the other Cali teams winning worlds this year. I see a lot of kids leaving gyms hoping to be apart of a world champion gym. Sad to say this buy yes California as a state can never keep their cheerleaders at one gym. These kids travel to be apart of the best programs.

Wrong, Cali is having a International Coed 5 out of the San Marcos Gym. :shimmy:

Rumors are flying once again about Cali taking over AZ Power. Surprised this hasn't been discussed yet considering the unofficial "announcement" made yesterday.

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking out the new facility being built from the ground up at DSE. 20,000 square feet opening this summer.

Everyone upping their game in AZ. Can't wait for next season.

Rumors are flying once again about Cali taking over AZ Power. Surprised this hasn't been discussed yet considering the unofficial "announcement" made yesterday.
Can't wait for the official notice. We welcome all new family members into the fold.....after official notice
that is. Ha!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From what I've heard the ruling about athletes doing all star and high school is changing. That was what killed the industry and decreased gym numbers. If kids can do both Arizona might become contenders again.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My understanding is there is a member of the AIA board that is strongly opposed to allowing All-Star Cheerleaders to do school cheer too. I don't see that changing until she is no longer on the board.

Desert Storm has tried to discuss merging their Tuscon location with the owner of Chaos (formerly SCI) and he wants nothing to do with it since he is being mentored by AZ Power. Chaos had a less than impressive season for all of their teams and I think they will end up folding. I wouldn't pay money to open up anything in Tucson. The market is to small and Desert Storm already has a location down there. If CA buys AZ Power that would be interesting. Power has a lot of strong athletes, many from programs all over the Phx area. They aren't a "family" gym though. They only have a few teams, one level 2 and no level 1's. They literally can't grow their own program from youth 1 and mini 1 teams and family's that have high level CP and new younger siblings or S2 older siblings are out of luck. They haven't had a killer season either this year. They didn't dominate the competitions they attended this year. The program would have to change immensely to become a CA gym. I'm not opposed to a CA gym opening here. I'd love to see it in the EV though. :)

Back