All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why are people still talking about all-star and Olympics? I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again. ICU is the ones pursuing Olympics, not USASF/iasf. There won't be all-star cheer in the Olympics.

And everyone talking about how us teams may be discouraged and pull out. Imagine winning bronze at worlds 2017, with an amazing IO6 routine. Doing double full tuck baskets. Imagine going back into the gym and improving. Knowing you'll be back to defend that title. Imagine getting told now you can't even do a full basket. But still be expected to pay THOUSANDS to go. It's not hundreds or even a thousand that some us teams spend. It might be up towards 5k for a European team to go, per person.

Teams like Gothenburg cheer one wildcats, viqueens spirit... Why would they wanna spend all season going backwards? Yes American teams gets a bit screwed over. But they've got UCA, cheersport, NCA... We don't. We've got worlds. Well we had, and might regain worlds. But forking out that kind of money isn't fun for us either.

5) Not sure if this has been said (and I am aware it is known) but at this moment a youth 5 team can do a basket toss higher in difficulty than an IOC5 team can.

From what I've been told, the no twisting rule is across the board on all international levels, not just 5/6. 5/6 would just be teh only division effected at Worlds in Orlando at the moment.

If you go to IASF and look at what divisions they have, they have a division and levels for each age group (youth, etc.). And they aren't even referred to as International anymore, they're IASF [Insert Age and Level here].

So by that, only a regular USASF youth 5 team could/would perform a higher basket than a IO5 team. But a Youth IO5 would not.

From what I've been told, the no twisting rule is across the board on all international levels, not just 5/6. 5/6 would just be teh only division effected at Worlds in Orlando at the moment.

If you go to IASF and look at what divisions they have, they have international for each age group (youth, etc.).

So by that, only a regular USASF youth 5 team could/would perform a higher basket than a IO5 team. But a Youth IO5 would not.

Okay. Thank you. But that was my point. World Cup twinkles, even youth level 3s can perform a twisting toss before an IOC5/6 team can at worlds. It was the fact of the matter that if an 8 year old can do it there’s no reason why they can’t.

Why are people still talking about all-star and Olympics? I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'll say it again. ICU is the ones pursuing Olympics, not USASF/iasf. There won't be all-star cheer in the Olympics.

And everyone talking about how us teams may be discouraged and pull out. Imagine winning bronze at worlds 2017, with an amazing IO6 routine. Doing double full tuck baskets. Imagine going back into the gym and improving. Knowing you'll be back to defend that title. Imagine getting told now you can't even do a full basket. But still be expected to pay THOUSANDS to go. It's not hundreds or even a thousand that some us teams spend. It might be up towards 5k for a European team to go, per person.

Teams like Gothenburg cheer one wildcats, viqueens spirit... Why would they wanna spend all season going backwards? Yes American teams gets a bit screwed over. But they've got UCA, cheersport, NCA... We don't. We've got worlds. Well we had, and might regain worlds. But forking out that kind of money isn't fun for us either.
It seems obvious that the rule change that was issued yesterday was tied to the Olympic talk, so whether all star cheer is in the Olympics or not is irrelevant - all star is currently the most affected by it. I don't think anyone segregated this issue to only the US - especially since Canada did so well in the International divisions at Worlds and many other countries were well represented.

why are we so desperate to make cheer an Olympic sport...... And why do we need to dumb it down in order to do so....

there are plenty of olympic sports that are just as difficult and risky if not MORE difficult and risky then cheerleading...

i get everything is probably tied back to money. But if thats what its really about, then why not just come out and say it. "hey we want funding, and in order to get it this is what we gotta do"... yes are people going to be pissed, sure. Bu its better then lying or not giving any form of reason for the decision, which they have yet to come out and do.

why are we so desperate to make cheer an Olympic sport...... And why do we need to dumb it down in order to do so....

there are plenty of olympic sports that are just as difficult and risky if not MORE difficult and risky then cheerleading...

i get everything is probably tied back to money. But if thats what its really about, then why not just come out and say it. "hey we want funding, and in order to get it this is what we gotta do"... yes are people going to be pissed, sure. Bu its better then lying or not giving any form of reason for the decision, which they have yet to come out and do.

Because in some countries, funding for the sport is tied to whether or not the sport is recognized by the country's Olympic committee/organization. In Germany, for example, funding for sports comes from DOSB (their Olympic Federation) and then funnels down into the local state committess and then out to teams. Without the recognition, there is no funding available for the teams.

Okay. Thank you. But that was my point. World Cup twinkles, even youth level 3s can perform a twisting toss before an IOC5/6 team can at worlds. It was the fact of the matter that if an 8 year old can do it there’s no reason why they can’t.

I get what you mean, but with the split of IASF from USASF, certain teams are subject to IASF rules and others USASF.... Which is what makes it all the more convoluted in the long run. The only way to really make sense of it, is to find out how IASF is actually splittong off and how that will change things for USASF etc.

Because in some countries, funding for the sport is tied to whether or not the sport is recognized by the country's Olympic committee/organization. In Germany, for example, funding for sports comes from DOSB (their Olympic Federation) and then funnels down into the local state committess and then out to teams. Without the recognition, there is no funding available for the teams.
i have no problem with it, but come out and say it. Dont make up ridiculous rules and then not give an explanation for why.
EVERYONE KNOWS its about money, usasf/iasf is run by a bunch of idiots if they seem to think they can pass it off as something else. I mean have they released any form of statement as to WHY they are changing the rules....??

It seems obvious that the rule change that was issued yesterday was tied to the Olympic talk, so whether all star cheer is in the Olympics or not is irrelevant - all star is currently the most affected by it. I don't think anyone segregated this issue to only the US - especially since Canada did so well in the International divisions at Worlds and many other countries were well represented.

To me, it's not clear that it's because of the Olympics. Since at ICU worlds, where you'd probably get Olympics changes, you can still twist.

No it hasn't been segregated, but all the talk have been about how US (and Canadian) teams will be affected and might boycott and effect the economics. No one's talking about all the international teams traveling across the world paying way more, and how they may also not want to go. Imo they're almost more screwed because they have more to pay, more to lose and don't even have any other big competitions nearby. I just wanted to lift our voice in this.

They just changed it all back. From Facebook:

Les Stella shared a link to the group: IASF.
5 mins ·
We appreciate the feedback we have received from governing bodies, coaches and athletes regarding the IASF scoring system release. The primary objective of the release was to provide a framework for the newly created IASF International divisions 1-4. To address the general concerns for all levels including 5 and 6, certain adjustments have been made and are highlighted in red in the link below.

For a high-level summary:
- Twisting in tosses will be allowed by level as stated in the rules.

- In levels 5 and 6 tumbling will not be affected.

- In the new IASF levels 1-4, individual tumbling passes will be allowed, but will not be considered in the scoring process, except as part of the overall appeal of the routine.

- Link to the revised IASF Scoring System:

www.iasfworlds.com
IASFWORLDS.COM

They just changed it all back. \

5 mins ·
We appreciate the feedback we have received from governing bodies, coaches and athletes regarding the IASF scoring system release. The primary objective of the release was to provide a framework for the newly created IASF International divisions 1-4. To address the general concerns for all levels including 5 and 6, certain adjustments have been made and are highlighted in red in the link below.

- In the new IASF levels 1-4, individual tumbling passes will be allowed, but will not be considered in the scoring process, except as part of the overall appeal of the routine.

www.iasfworlds.com
IASFWORLDS.COM

Well. That didn't take long.

This is just another example of the lack of transparency in our sport. We still don't have an official answer as to WHY these rules were created and WHO exactly presented the ideas and voted on them.

They just changed it all back. From Facebook:

5 mins ·

www.iasfworlds.com
IASFWORLDS.COM

So lower level specialty passes aren’t useful anymore?

Back