OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Just need to vent a little bit because spirit of hope has me so annoyed...
So we went to cheersport regionals for our first competition. They told us our elite was illegal. So we changed it. Come uca two day regional, we had fixed the elite, and had opinions made from our sort of assistant coach from Georgia Allstars, and he said it was great. Uca said it was great too, and we got best stunts for the ENTIRE competition...and we're only level 3. There's were hundreds of teams there. So now were at spirit of hope, and these judges are giving us a 1.5 deduction because they're saying this new stunt is illegal. That's 1.5 dropped us from 1st to 3rd out of 7. We were the only team in our division to hit flawlessly. Every team had a bunch of issues. We just feel like they're trying so hard to find a reason that we shouldn't win. Like sorry were a small gym...but sometimes you have to let the small gym win. Ugh, so annoyed. Day two here we go. If I'm still alive by the end of the day, I'll let you know.

So we went to cheersport regionals for our first competition. They told us our elite was illegal. So we changed it. Come uca two day regional, we had fixed the elite, and had opinions made from our sort of assistant coach from Georgia Allstars, and he said it was great. Uca said it was great too, and we got best stunts for the ENTIRE competition...and we're only level 3. There's were hundreds of teams there. So now were at spirit of hope, and these judges are giving us a 1.5 deduction because they're saying this new stunt is illegal. That's 1.5 dropped us from 1st to 3rd out of 7. We were the only team in our division to hit flawlessly. Every team had a bunch of issues. We just feel like they're trying so hard to find a reason that we shouldn't win. Like sorry were a small gym...but sometimes you have to let the small gym win. Ugh, so annoyed. Day two here we go. If I'm still alive by the end of the day, I'll let you know.
Vent away, it is incredibly frustrating especially with issues of legal v illegal stunts. Good luck today!

Did anyone video the actual performance? If so i believe your coach can send the video to Les Stella for a legality determination. Good luck today!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It took me forever to watch the movie after finally reading it and I was quite pleasantly surprised at what a good job they did.
I told myself I had to read the book before I saw the movie, so I didn't see it in theaters and I've never gotten around to it... :( the book was great though

I saw the movie first, I had no idea it was based on a book at the time but I read it in summer and loved it! I was surprised how true to the book the movie is, rare to find such a good adaptation!

On a side note, if I had shin splints how much pain would I be in? Started practicing standing tucks again on dead floor yesterday and one shin has a dull ache that feels slightly worse when I walk and quite a bit worse when I jump. Housemates suggested I could have shin splints and I'm really hoping it isn't :(

You know you live in Vancouver when roughly half the trending topics on twitter have to do with hockey/the events of the last Vancouver Canucks game.
Best bit of hockey I've seen in a long time.

Also I have to leave for school in 10 minutes and have yet to get out of bed because I am dreading the cold. It's currently -30 and is only gonna get colder and wind chill hasn't even been factored in yet. If I never post again it's cause I froze on the way to school.

Back