OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh definitely. My parents divorced when I was around 12, and I had some rocky years as a teenager as a result of that. I know the feeling all too well. It's actually a double divorce situation, and I went through the exact same thing. I totally get it. I just want to help make it not so difficult on him.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Maybe try bonding with him a little bit? Taking him out for ice cream, movies, whatever sports he likes?

Maybe try bonding with him a little bit? Taking him out for ice cream, movies, whatever sports he likes?
Lol I totally sound like I'm not taking advice but we do things like this regularly. We just went and saw rio 2 yesterday. I noticed he's almost possessive of his dad. Were fine until his dad is also there. Is that normal?

Ugh the weather is disgusting! My family was supposed to have an outdoor barbecue but it has been pouring rain all day. I've been really craving BBQ food.

But I do however enjoy laying in bed and reading all day.

It's been donuts for me..... somebody I follow on Twitter posted a photo of a box of glazed donuts and I can't stop thinking about them.... gaaaaahhh why can't donuts be healthy? I feel sick after eating 1 or 2 (low sugar tolerance, thankfully) but that doesn't stop me LMAO. I need help. :rolleyes:

Well I had college tryouts this weekend and didn't make it. Kinda sucks to work your entire life for something and not be able to do what you love. Life's gonna be weird without cheerleading....

That stinks. But then again, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Balancing cheer with school in college is different that doing it in high school. Maybe you can use your free time to help your high school program (if you're going to school in-state)?

Well I had college tryouts this weekend and didn't make it. Kinda sucks to work your entire life for something and not be able to do what you love. Life's gonna be weird without cheerleading....

I didn't make my college tryouts my freshman year either. I cried about it for weeks, literally.

BUTTTT, you can always tryout next year!! I wouldn't give up. It will be nice going into tryouts next year knowing what to expect.

And there's always other things! I was going to do the gymnastics club team before it got cancelled lol. Maybe your school has something like that :)

It really really reallllyyyy sucks not making the team. But honestly, you will find yourself at the most random times being happy you had some time off from cheerleading. :)

Lol I totally sound like I'm not taking advice but we do things like this regularly. We just went and saw rio 2 yesterday. I noticed he's almost possessive of his dad. Were fine until his dad is also there. Is that normal?

Maybe just some you and him time? Even if its only for an hour or two, here and there.

While it stinks right now, recognize this as an opportunity to grow & learn new things outside of cheer. We don't always realize it, but our lives can get consumed by cheerleading (eat, sleep, practice, repeat). The cheer world becomes a safety bubble of sorts as to who we are/ who we identify with. After your cheer athlete days, you have to discover what your identity is aside from just "the cheerleader, because all I've done my whole life is cheer".

That's not to say that you can't still be involved in the cheer world (coaching, international AS teams, trying out for school in following years, NCA/UCA staff, Fierceboard, etc.), but it is good to open your eyes to things outside of it. Dance classes, Gymnastics Club, Sororities, Student Center groups, clubs for your major, heck, even something random like rock climbing .......College has so many opportunities to try new things. Learn as much as you can, then apply that knowledge to wherever life leads you. If it leads you back to cheer because it's your passion, then great, you can have a more rounded approach to tumbling or dance or leadership etc etc etc. If you find something outside of cheer, then that's great personal development too. Its the interesting thing about life, you just never know how it will play out. Sometimes you end up meeting the best people from the most unexpected twists & turns.

I know I'm late for the prom talk haha but I really wanted to share how prom is here in Mexico.

We only have prom on our senior year, but its more like a graduation party with parents, everyone can bring a date and it doesn't matter if its underclassmen or from another school you're free to invite whoever you want. You have to pay tickets for you, your parents and your date if he/she doesn't go to your school, but if is someone from your same graduating class then you don't pay for their ticket, each ticket its around $75 this year, it changes each year depending on what includes, it includes a three course dinner, dance floor, the dj, awards etc, this year it also includes the after party which is an open bar. Total its like $300, some people cant afford it so not everyone goes, some schools do fundraising to make their proms more accessible to everyone, but since my school its mostly upperclass people we don't do that.

Finals Tip: If you want an easy way to take notes from your textbook, read them to Siri in the Note app on your iPhone/iPad and she will put it into text. Then just email the note to yourself and print it out. I can't believe I haven't thought of this before my senior year of college. She understands what I'm saying very well. I'm so happy right now.

So there is a great quote in this video and I really want to write it on the wall in the gym can anyone write down the right words she say? I don't want to mess up and write a wrong words.
this is the video and quote is 0:35 - 0:56

So there is a great quote in this video and I really want to write it on the wall in the gym can anyone write down the right words she say? I don't want to mess up and write a wrong words.
this is the video and quote is 0:35 - 0:56

"Especially in gymnastics, people don't understand how mental it is and how hard it can get because there are times where you feel like you physically can't do it anymore but your coach is telling you to do two more routines and you wanna do it because you don't want him to say, later down the road, 'well if you tried harder then maybe you would've made the team.' I never ever want to get to that point."

What a run on sentence lol

Back