OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's exam week this week. I didn't have an exam today, so I came into school late for my 2 hour review session for an exam tomorrow. We review for 30 minutes and we're done and I can't go home now :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't know if I should get a Mac or PC for college, I was thinking of saving the money and getting a PC but I'm not sure, I'm not very technologically savvy. I'm in a business major if that helps...any opinions?

I say Mac! I've had a MacBook since 8th grade and I'll never go back to windows. It's so much easier & simpler to use (in my opinion) and I love how everything looks on my mac!
Also, look into whether your school offers free downloads of Microsoft Office so you don't have to worry about buying that/iWork for yourself!

I don't know if I should get a Mac or PC for college, I was thinking of saving the money and getting a PC but I'm not sure, I'm not very technologically savvy. I'm in a business major if that helps...any opinions?

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm a business (well accounting) major! I love it. It's worked great for the two years that I've had it and I haven't had to download any special programs or been inconvenienced by it or anything. Not yet at least, haha. But I would definitely recommend a Mac. They're expensive, but for me it was worth it.

The road from my house to my school (which I drive down at least twice a day, usually more than that) is like that, and nobody EVER gets pulled over, then there will be a week where tons of people get pulled over then we're free to speed for the next few months. It's like once in a while they decide they care. I got pulled over for going 11 over (oops...) but I didn't get a ticket :cool: just a "watch that speed"

I've been pulled over 4 times the last month and a half (twice by the same cop on the way home from work.) and a cop literally followed me from Knoxville (where I work) all the way back to Maryville (where I live... It's about 30 minutes away) and followed me INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD and then turned around as soon as he pulled into my neighborhood. The first time I got pulled over was because I was speeding... But the day before I backed into my mailbox and busted my tail light so I got a speeding ticket, a citation for my tail light, my insurance paper was expired by 1 month got a citation for that. Then the other times I got pulled over were all for my tail light. I need to get it fixed but I really don't have time at all because I've been working every single day. And it works like every other day. I hate driving. I wish I could just teleport. I also hate cops. One of the times I got pulled over it was after I pulled into the grocery store parking lot, parked, and was opening my car door he turned on his lights. Talk about embarassing cause everyone was starin

I've been pulled over 4 times the last month and a half (twice by the same cop on the way home from work.) and a cop literally followed me from Knoxville (where I work) all the way back to Maryville (where I live... It's about 30 minutes away) and followed me INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD and then turned around as soon as he pulled into my neighborhood. The first time I got pulled over was because I was speeding... But the day before I backed into my mailbox and busted my tail light so I got a speeding ticket, a citation for my tail light, my insurance paper was expired by 1 month got a citation for that. Then the other times I got pulled over were all for my tail light. I need to get it fixed but I really don't have time at all because I've been working every single day. And it works like every other day. I hate driving. I wish I could just teleport. I also hate cops. One of the times I got pulled over it was after I pulled into the grocery store parking lot, parked, and was opening my car door he turned on his lights. Talk about embarassing cause everyone was starin

I've had a tail light out for a while and haven't gotten pulled over, I've also never had a front license plate (blame my sister for that). Never gotten pulled over for it except when I was speeding he was like "I was going to pull you over for your license plate but then you were going 56." Which is pretty good for 3 years w/o a license plate. I swear the cops pay like no attention and then randomly decide they care!

That is job dependent. If you're applying for a job in a conservative field no color easy to read etc. If you're applying to be an interior designer that may help. In general hr has so many resumes to go through if yours is difficult to read or to find the pertinent information it will be tossed before anyone spends more thanks a quick glance looking for information.

I've had a tail light out for a while and haven't gotten pulled over, I've also never had a front license plate (blame my sister for that). Never gotten pulled over for it except when I was speeding he was like "I was going to pull you over for your license plate but then you were going 56." Which is pretty good for 3 years w/o a license plate. I swear the cops pay like no attention and then randomly decide they care!

they care at the end of the month. most* police have a quota of tickets they have to meet per month so if there's 2 days left and they have to write 15 more tickets you're getting pulled over for anything that is slightly wrong. (*well, at least in NJ this is a thing. i have numerous family and friends who are police and have all said the same about having to write a certain #.)

It definitely depends on where you live. I didn't even bother changing my car registration sticker which expired in early May until the other day when I knew I was heading into the city and was parking on the street. Those city meter maids can smell out an expired registration or inspection sticker a mile away.

they care at the end of the month. most* police have a quota of tickets they have to meet per month so if there's 2 days left and they have to write 15 more tickets you're getting pulled over for anything that is slightly wrong. (*well, at least in NJ this is a thing. i have numerous family and friends who are police and have all said the same about having to write a certain #.)
I can actually dispel that rumor based on a conversation I had with a state trooper who pulled me over for speeding. There is no official quota but at the end of the month a cop has to justify their time. Of busy on cases or assignments then a low ticket count is acceptable whereas if they have been doing nothing but road patrol then a higher ticket count is expected. If too many tickets are issued then it could also be said the cop is avoiding other duties as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

I can actually dispel that rumor based on a conversation I had with a state trooper who pulled me over for speeding. There is no official quota but at the end of the month a cop has to justify their time. Of busy on cases or assignments then a low ticket count is acceptable whereas if they have been doing nothing but road patrol then a higher ticket count is expected. If too many tickets are issued then it could also be said the cop is avoiding other duties as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

I've been told by more than one cop in the state of NJ that there was a number they had to meet. it may not be an "official" number, but they would get in trouble for not meeting it.

edit: they also weren't troopers, just on a town/county level so that may vary as well.

Back