OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So just a week after the shooting at MPHS...
threats were made to my school. back of school graffitied. rumors of gangs.
all of these threats have been reported and theres an investigation going on, yet we still have school tomorrow. we're going to have tons of police there tomorrow, but i'm still so scared. the current "rumor" (which could be 100% false) is some guy upset a kid from another school whos apart of a gang and they were planning a shooting at our school, during 2nd lunch (which i have.. at a table right next to mine).

Why do these threats even exist? ugh... not sure if its a good idea to go tomorrow..

I am so fed up with this crap. So many local schools have had threats this week. And then a reported shooter at Boeing in Everett tonight (nobody was ever found). I'm tired. :(

I am so fed up with this crap. So many local schools have had threats this week. And then a reported shooter at Boeing in Everett tonight (nobody was ever found). I'm tired. :(
right. its crazy how many threats there have been (luckily none have truly happened) but why?? why do people want to do these things? its not fair. Over 1/2 the school is skipping because theyre scared...

right. its crazy how many threats there have been (luckily none have truly happened) but why?? why do people want to do these things? its not fair. Over 1/2 the school is skipping because theyre scared...

Well, kids have been pulling this crap forever. We're all really sensitive to it right now and rumors and crap spread quickly with social media. I know Sumner High School was a ghost town today because of a threat. Some really idiotic and immature kids are taking advantage of our fear. :(

Well, kids have been pulling this crap forever. We're all really sensitive to it right now and rumors and crap spread quickly with social media. I know Sumner High School was a ghost town today because of a threat. Some really idiotic and immature kids are taking advantage of our fear. :(

When I was in Highschool there was a kid two years under me who was rumored to have a hit list that he planned to carry out at graduation. After I graduated, kids sent around a mass text and facebook message saying this kid was going to do it the next day at school. I don't understand why people think that's funny to do. It's not. It costs the school money to investigate and bring in people to monitor these accusations. And it's so disruptive. Bomb threats, shooting threats, and hit list threats were the number one annoyance to me in school. I think harsher punishment needs to be put in place for people who do this.

That same day was the wake of a beloved senior who was killed in a drunk driving accident. My brother went to school that day and said he had never seen the school so empty which is saying a lot because our Highschool has a big problem with overcrowding. Between the wake and people being too scared to come to school and the fact that it was the last day before Christmas break, he said he heard that over 1,000 kids were absent.

When I was in Highschool there was a kid two years under me who was rumored to have a hit list that he planned to carry out at graduation. After I graduated, kids sent around a mass text and facebook message saying this kid was going to do it the next day at school. I don't understand why people think that's funny to do. It's not. It costs the school money to investigate and bring in people to monitor these accusations. And it's so disruptive. Bomb threats, shooting threats, and hit list threats were the number one annoyance to me in school. I think harsher punishment needs to be put in place for people who do this.

That same day was the wake of a beloved senior who was killed in a drunk driving accident. My brother went to school that day and said he had never seen the school so empty which is saying a lot because our Highschool has a big problem with overcrowding. Between the wake and people being too scared to come to school and the fact that it was the last day before Christmas break, he said he heard that over 1,000 kids were absent.
In my high school's graduating class last year, there was a kid who was a little sketchy (but totally harmless) and everyone in his class had picked on him for as long as anyone could remember. Obviously there were the few of us that told them they needed to stop, and tried to befriend him, but I think he thought we were making fun of him too? So he would be really rude and defensive. (He was a realllllyyyy questionable dude... I had math with him and he'd talk to himself in class a lot like he was having conversations with multiple people.)
Anyway, in the days leading up to graduation he posted a Facebook status about how he couldn't wait to be rid of all his tormentors, etc, and a mean girl decided to tell everyone he was threatening to bomb the graduation. The police had to be brought in to investigate, a lot of people told a lot of lies to cover for themselves, and eventually the kid was allowed to walk at graduation but wasn't allowed in the Op. Grad celebration afterwards, over rumors that a girl who didn't know or like him started. I thought it sucked.

Just randomly saw that there was an additional threat to Sumner HS today for tomorrow that involved their football game. :( So frustrating for those peeps.

A few months after the elementary school shooting, I had to leave my biology midterm right in the middle of the test because I was having a panic attack. I was thinking about a situation potentially happening at my school and how I would find my brother or if he would even be safe and I pretty much lost my marbles for a minute. It's such a scary thought.

Last night my brother was walking down the street and had fireworks shot at him out of a moving car. He came back home for a second freaked out, and headed back out. Not even 10 minutes later I was on my way to a party and saw him on the street bent over holding his side. Thank God it wasn't a firework he was hit with, it was a paintball gun. He was shot on his side and back. The same guy who shot him also shot a 6 year old kid in the face, my brothers 16, but still, who gets a thrill out of shooting random kids? Those guns can make a lot of damage!

We finally had tryouts for my open team the last two Sundays and the team was posted last night. I'm excited to finally get in and start working on our routine and this is the first year we've had more than 15 guys! Looks like it will be a good year for us!

I LOVE Harry Potter! Totally obsessed. But I'd rather be obsessed with HP than say weed or another illegal substance. This is what I tell my mom when she calls me a nerd lol
I think you and I might be the same person...I did a HP themed individual my senior year! I wore a bow that said "Leviosa" on it, a Hogwarts tank top and drew a scar on my forehead! It was the best thing ever...

I think you and I might be the same person...I did a HP themed individual my senior year! I wore a bow that said "Leviosa" on it, a Hogwarts tank top and drew a scar on my forehead! It was the best thing ever...
I'm telling my bf later that next year we're going as hermione and hagrid for Halloween :) my mom also wants to watch the first HP later tonight because it's Halloween lol

Overcrowding at your school is an understatement.

Back