All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just want to pop in and say that as a former TG athlete (who was coached by @CandC5p once upon a time) I have NEVER felt like my health was at risk in a uniform, or been in pain because of a uniform (I've worn a good number of TG uniforms) and I wear a D-DD bra. I wore the backless lady jags uniform that has been mentioned and I not only LOVED that uniform, but was comfortable in it. We get to try on the uniforms and practice in them, and in my experience, the prototype has been tried on and tumble/stunted around in before we even get to see them as a team. When I couldn't wear a bra with my uniform, there was support built in to the top and it was tight enough to act as a sports bra would. That's something you're not going to see, but you will feel putting a uniform on. So if you don't wear it, don't act like you just KNOW all about it. Every TG uniform I have ever worn has seen so many design changes and has had so much thought and effort put into it, including making sure it would work for very member of the team, and when I did approach a coach about bra issues, they worked with me and helped me find a solution that worked well for me. There are also super great sports bras I used for some uniforms that have a clear strap as the back, and I honestly still wear them to practice with my IOC6 team because they're so great. So for anyone saying there aren't options, there are. Anyone who has worn as many TG uniforms as I have would tell you the same. Criticize a uniform all you want, but at the end of the day, you don't pay for it, you don't wear it, and your opinion doesn't matter to those who do. As for a trend catching on, I don't think any trend would catch on if it caused everyone pain????? Don't criticize a coach, especially one as amazing as Chris who truly cares for his athletes, because YOU don't like a uniform, or YOU think it isn't safe/comfortable for an athlete. He wouldn't put that on his athletes if they were uncomfortable in it. 100% I know that as fact. He is one of the best, most knowledgable, coaches I have ever had and I find the way some people are speaking to be incredibly offensive and childish, which is ironic because I'm probably the youngest person weighing in on this. The bra issue is beating a dead horse and no coach deserves to be attacked or caught in the crossfire.

Chris- You are an AMAZING coach, and I know from first-hand experience how much you care about your athletes. I honestly feel like I could still come to you today and you would have open arms and wise words for me. You helped make me the athlete and person I am today and I can only hope that I can have the same impact on my athletes.

OAFAAF

Just want to pop in and say that as a former TG athlete (who was coached by @CandC5p once upon a time) I have NEVER felt like my health was at risk in a uniform, or been in pain because of a uniform (I've worn a good number of TG uniforms) and I wear a D-DD bra. I wore the backless lady jags uniform that has been mentioned and I not only LOVED that uniform, but was comfortable in it. We get to try on the uniforms and practice in them, and in my experience, the prototype has been tried on and tumble/stunted around in before we even get to see them as a team. When I couldn't wear a bra with my uniform, there was support built in to the top and it was tight enough to act as a sports bra would. That's something you're not going to see, but you will feel putting a uniform on. So if you don't wear it, don't act like you just KNOW all about it. Every TG uniform I have ever worn has seen so many design changes and has had so much thought and effort put into it, including making sure it would work for very member of the team, and when I did approach a coach about bra issues, they worked with me and helped me find a solution that worked well for me. There are also super great sports bras I used for some uniforms that have a clear strap as the back, and I honestly still wear them to practice with my IOC6 team because they're so great. So for anyone saying there aren't options, there are. Anyone who has worn as many TG uniforms as I have would tell you the same. Criticize a uniform all you want, but at the end of the day, you don't pay for it, you don't wear it, and your opinion doesn't matter to those who do. As for a trend catching on, I don't think any trend would catch on if it caused everyone pain????? Don't criticize a coach, especially one as amazing as Chris who truly cares for his athletes, because YOU don't like a uniform, or YOU think it isn't safe/comfortable for an athlete. He wouldn't put that on his athletes if they were uncomfortable in it. 100% I know that as fact. He is one of the best, most knowledgable, coaches I have ever had and I find the way some people are speaking to be incredibly offensive and childish, which is ironic because I'm probably the youngest person weighing in on this. The bra issue is beating a dead horse and no coach deserves to be attacked or caught in the crossfire.

Chris- You are an AMAZING coach, and I know from first-hand experience how much you care about your athletes. I honestly feel like I could still come to you today and you would have open arms and wise words for me. You helped make me the athlete and person I am today and I can only hope that I can have the same impact on my athletes.

OAFAAF
1. You are certainly entitled to share your experiences. thank you.

2. Were there bras built into these uniforms that we don't know about, because that is the ONLY way they could offer a D-DD enough support to avoid damage. There simply has to be some sort of band underneath and straps over top to counteract gravity, or all you are doing with tight fabric is squishing them to your chest, not preventing the downward force on landing that tears breast tissue wisth every impact. I have been there, done that and tried everything known to man. You cannot escape gravity.

2.Just because you aren't in pain, that doesn't mean you aren't damaging your breast tissue. Again, been there done that. I thought it was ok,. 20 years later I know it wasn't. You can be "comfortable" in a uniform and still be doing irreparable long term damage. Many young women don't realize/ understand that until it is too late. I am one of them. Wear a supportive bra ladies, all the time. When you are 40 you will be glad you did. It may take that long to fully see and understand that damage done if you don't. That is part of the reason people think it isn't an issue, because it isn't effecting them NOW. It will catch up in the end.

3. I don't have to wear a uniform to understand the physics behind the tissue damage that results from doing so.

4. I am glad your coaches were willing to offer you alternatives to no bra. What truly supportive clear back bra do you own and wear regularly??? I have tried MANY of them over the years both for myself and then for CP for dance and have yet to find one that actually works long term. The clear back either cuts in, stretches or both, no matter how much I pay for one and they are good for one performance at best dancing, much less with the impact of cheer.

5. I am sorry you feel like i am attacking your coach. I am not. I am simply trying to educate. He has demonstrated through his posts that he clearly doesn't understand the demands of this sport on female anatomy. If he is going to be in a position to make these decisions for young girls who don't always act with their own long term health in mind, he needs to understand what he is dealing with. I do not doubt that he is a good coach with his team's best interest at heart. I just think he needs to be educated about what female athletes need to protect their long term health.

6. The bra issue is not "beating a dead horse" as long as girls are being asked to go without one. That is simply unacceptable.

Public Service Announcement: The Angels who need & prefer the extra support have indeed found a bra that works with the uniform.

Even though I am a male and don't fully understand the anatomy of a female, I promise you that many females had a say in the "female related issues" pertaining to this uniform. I am not the only coach of Angels, I do have a co-coach who is female. Plus, both owners of the Orlando location (who are female) & Kristen Rosario (Owner of Top Gun) all had a say in figuring out the details necessary to make sure we weren't putting anyone in a harmful situation. All 'female related issues' were taken care of by the female authority figures in the gym... I left that all up to them since I'm not aware of those things. And they did find a bra that works... I just wasn't notified about it because, well, I'm a guy and they felt like I didn't need to know since they had it under control.

So I spoke incorrectly when I mentioned sticky bras, etc. and I apologize for the mis-information. That was simply something that was mentioned during the prototype process before the uniform was even finalized, but it was not something that was ultimately decided on by the female staff members.

Hopefully now, @cheer25mom and the others who shared concern about a bra, can sleep peacefully knowing that this "issue" (that has no direct effect on them) has ultimately been taken care of.

Moving on...

Public Service Announcement: The Angels who need & prefer the extra support have indeed found a bra that works with the uniform.

Even though I am a male and don't fully understand the anatomy of a female, I promise you that many females had a say in the "female related issues" pertaining to this uniform. I am not the only coach of Angels, I do have a co-coach who is female. Plus, both owners of the Orlando location (who are female) & Kristen Rosario (Owner of Top Gun) all had a say in figuring out the details necessary to make sure we weren't putting anyone in a harmful situation. All 'female related issues' were taken care of by the female authority figures in the gym... I left that all up to them since I'm not aware of those things. And they did find a bra that works... I just wasn't notified about it because, well, I'm a guy and they felt like I didn't need to know since they had it under control.

So I spoke incorrectly when I mentioned sticky bras, etc. and I apologize for the mis-information. That was simply something that was mentioned during the prototype process before the uniform was even finalized, but it was not something that was ultimately decided on by the female staff members.

Hopefully now, @cheer25mom and the others who shared concern about a bra, can sleep peacefully knowing that this "issue" (that has no direct effect on them) has ultimately been taken care of.

Moving on...
You don't need to be snotty. Again, this shows immaturity and a lack of professionalism.

Eta: I am glad they found some sort of solution, but I still think that they shouldn't have to. A uniform should accommodate the appropriate undergarment and athletes shouldn't have to find some sort of work around to be able to compete safely in their uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you @fierceprincess !!! Miss you! xo

OAFAAF

Moving on...
Legit laughed at "female related issues" :D

6. The bra issue is not "beating a dead horse" as long as girls are being asked to go without one. That is simply unacceptable.

It is beating a dead horse because despite the frequency of this debate popping off, nobody does anything to affect change. These bra blow ups occur yearly in each new uniform thread multiple times....but to my knowledge nobody follows protocols or initiates anything with the powers that be to implement rules/policy. Ala midriff rule.

So because of this I feel like people care enough to complain but do not care enough to do anything. It's the most American thing ever really tbh.

So until there's an actual movement to #supportthenipple then I'm over it. It's beating a dead horse. Pissing in the wind. Change ain't gon come just by ranting

Last edited:
All in favor of A&T style uniforms for everyone raise your hand[emoji1327]

Please. or I seriously may consider saying no if my future children ever ask to do all star (among a plethora of other reasons to add to why I'd say no.)

All these posters are like Betelgeuse... say Top Gun three times and they come out of the woodwork to stir the pot. Like I have loved plenty of controversial TG uniforms over the years but it's like y'all come here and purposely start a problem every time you get a new uniform to tell us our opinions don't matter if we aren't wearing the uniform.. but like that's the purpose of this thread? so just don't hang out with us here in this thread and you're good.

It is beating a dead horse because despite the frequency of this debate popping off, nobody does anything to affect change. These bra blow ups occur yearly in each new uniform thread multiple times....but to my knowledge nobody follows protocols or initiates anything with the powers that be to implement rules/policy. Ala midriff rule.

So because of this I feel like people care enough to complain but do not care enough to do anything. It's the most American thing ever really tbh.

So until there's an actual movement to #supportthenipple then I'm over it. It's beating a dead horse. Pissing in the wind. Change ain't gon come just by ranting

I have definitely voiced my concerns with our owners about it. I know that they did express support for a cutout rule when the new image guidelines came out to eliminate some of these issues.

I would gladly support a Usasf rule that all athletes must be able to wear appropriate undergarments including a regular razorback sports bra.

Where do I sign the petition!

We can not claim to be a sport when we're worried more about our backs showing for "fashion" then wearing proper undergarments. It's high impact, this shouldn't even have to be a discussion but here we are fighting the battle.

Please. or I seriously may consider saying no if my future children ever ask to do all star (among a plethora of other reasons to add to why I'd say no.)

All these posters are like Betelgeuse... say Top Gun three times and they come out of the woodwork to stir the pot. Like I have loved plenty of controversial TG uniforms over the years but it's like y'all come here and purposely start a problem every time you get a new uniform to tell us our opinions don't matter if we aren't wearing the uniform.. but like that's the purpose of this thread? so just don't hang out with us here in this thread and you're good.

I couldn't (thanks @cheernerd5678 for the info!) care less if someone doesn't like a Top Gun uniform. Chris came on here to explain the thought behind the Angel's uniform and a poster made it her personal mission to insult him. He even apologized about misspeaking about a bra solution and again gave an explanation about the whole "bra" consultation that went on about the uniform and was insulted again. Even a former Lady Jag came on to clarify her own personal experience as a D-DD blessed athlete and that wasn't enough.

I mean this with all seriousness, and concur with @ErinS, if you are truly concerned (and I believe the poster is) about developed or developing female athletes in these uniforms, than stop ranting, form some type of committee and truly pursue this issue. Crop tops are now only allowed on Senior/International teams so it seems to be parents who are concerned can be heard. There seem to be a lot of folks on this board who also take this very seriously so you have people who will support this type of initiative.

Last edited:
Back