All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not that easy. Cheerleading isn't as developed in the rest of the world as it is in the US. They don't have the coaching and the infrastructure that we do. Jamaica got to bring a freaking bobsled team to the Olympics even though they didn't have a chance of winning. Allowing them to compete is the fastest way to get them to grow. Even just from last year to this, many of the international teams have improved tremendously.

I agree with this 3 years ago I didnt think there was a non us team worth watching and this year i enjoyed many teams from outside the us. I still believe the standard for going to worlds should be true level 5 teams only.

Ok, I hope that everyone can realize that Worlds will continue to be held at the Wild World of Sports at least until 2014 due to contract (I am 99% sure it will be there long after that as well). With that being said, what could or should be done? I've said my piece on this many times. I would like to know who else I can contact and Who's Coming with me!? lol.

Ok, I hope that everyone can realize that Worlds will continue to be held at the Wild World of Sports at least until 2014 due to contract (I am 99% sure it will be there long after that as well). With that being said, what could or should be done? I've said my piece on this many times. I would like to know who else I can contact and Who's Coming with me!? lol.

Well right now i would say at least 10 percent of the seats r not used because of where the judges sit, so can the judges be moved in anyway to allow those seats to be used?

Well right now i would say at least 10 percent of the seats r not used because of where the judges sit, so can the judges be moved in anyway to allow those seats to be used?
Idk about the judges but the "VIP" section could def be done away with or at least limited.

I have always wondered why usasf does not demand a universal score sheet for all bid eligible divisions. International score sheets were adjusted this year and take into account the tumbling separation between nations. Start by unifying the events leading up to worlds only then can usasf set a standard score based on those sheets. Puts everyone on the same playing field.

I hope they change venues! Just from the pics I saw on Facebook seating was horrible! People on twitter were saying that there weren't enough seats for the tickets sold....really? I still think they should move it to Cowboys Stadium...plenty of seats...huge jumbotron...and a large convention center within walking distance for the dance program. Not to mention Six Flags being open, so you get your park fix without paying the overpriced mouse.
Or Anaheim Convention Center? Plenty of hotels, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm.....

I said this before, Disney does not sell you a ticket for seat. The sell you admission to the Complex/Park. Like it or not they do not say you will have a seat.

Reposted from earlier post...

I do have an idea though that I think would make this venue work. Currently, they set up this huge judges booth in the front of the floor. There are stadium seats behind it, but it renders those seats useless because you can't see anything when sitting behind them. If they perhaps built a judgest booth that could go over those seats, then they could put a ton of folding chairs down on the floor in place of where the judges booth is. Just a thought, and I don't know if it would work, but you could probably add another 300 - 400 seats on the floor in front and the wasted space that is the seats behind the current judges booth would be used to house the platform for the judges.

Just a thought. Don't know if it would work, or if Disney would allow something to be built temporarily over those seats.

I said this before, Disney does not sell you a ticket for seat. The sell you admission to the Complex/Park. Like it or not they do not say you will have a seat.

It would be next to impossible for anyone to limit the number of tickets sold ~ All cheerleader and commuter packages sold through USASF includes admission to WWOS with your park hopper. There's no way for anyone to know how many of these tickets will be used on which days. I went and watched for the day, my sons came in watched their sister's team and left.

It would be next to impossible for anyone to limit the number of tickets sold ~ All cheerleader and commuter packages sold through USASF includes admission to WWOS with your park hopper. There's no way for anyone to know how many of these tickets will be used on which days. I went and watched for the day, my sons came in watched their sister's team and left.

Well, I agree there may not be a way to know exactly how many tickets will be used on which days...but I believe this weekend they learned that a good estimate is: the number of tickets that will be used is greater than the number of seats.

Can't the contract be broken if the venue can not hold the number of people coming to the event? Seems there must be clauses in the contract for this kind of situation?

Well, I agree there may not be a way to know exactly how many tickets will be used on which days...but I believe this weekend they learned that a good estimate is: the number of tickets that will be used is greater than the number of seats.

Worlds has been like this for the past several years. If you think that they need to stop sales based on seats there will only be a very small amount of people allowed to view in the milk house. The posted capacity of the Milk house is 1200 and half of it is not able to be used when it is set up for cheer. The judges platform blocks 200, and another 200 behind the stage. At best you would be looking at 800 people allowed in. No place has USASF or Disney said you will have a seat. Disney over the past years makes arrangements to allow people access and the ability to view from the complex. I have seen it worse than it was this year. 2 years ago it was insane and they did not have anything set up to view outside. They start moving the teams that have already performed outside waiting for awards. Disney is very aware of what they are doing. You should see the WWS when there is a Braves game, and HS Baseball, Lacrosse, AND Cheerleading.

Everyone complained when they utilized the Indiana Jones Theater. Be careful for what you wish for. I can see them using that again and have 3 venus for cheer going and one for dance.

Back