All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can't the contract be broken if the venue can not hold the number of people coming to the event? Seems there must be clauses in the contract for this kind of situation?
That's what a contract is, Disney allowing a contract that brings them money to be broken, I don't see happening.

The bid limiting will def help, but as for 70 teams being in some divisions, tahts y only 25% go to finals for those divisions. it was def a fight for seats, but it kinda made the place even more rowdier which was kinda fun. but i think disney is an adequate place for worlds and should leave it there but with a bigger stadium some how...

I also think they should merge Large all girl and Medium all girl, and yes this relates because. right now if there too many teams in one division they may have to go 3 times and so only 25% of the teams in that division is taken. next year, i can see small limited being too big again and POSSIBLY small all girl, (possibly because, some teams may go medium) but if they merge large and medium; large will possibly have a good number of teams and small all girl will for sure have too many. even medium coed may be over the threshold next year.

Worlds has been like this for the past several years. If you think that they need to stop sales based on seats there will only be a very small amount of people allowed to view in the milk house. The posted capacity of the Milk house is 1200 and half of it is not able to be used when it is set up for cheer. The judges platform blocks 200, and another 200 behind the stage. At best you would be looking at 800 people allowed in. No place has USASF or Disney said you will have a seat. Disney over the past years makes arrangements to allow people access and the ability to view from the complex. I have seen it worse than it was this year. 2 years ago it was insane and they did not have anything set up to view outside. They start moving the teams that have already performed outside waiting for awards. Disney is very aware of what they are doing. You should see the WWS when there is a Braves game, and HS Baseball, Lacrosse, AND Cheerleading.

Everyone complained when they utilized the Indiana Jones Theater. Be careful for what you wish for. I can see them using that again and have 3 venus for cheer going and one for dance.

Indiana Jones would be a horrible fix!

I also think they should merge Large all girl and Medium all girl, and yes this relates because. right now if there too many teams in one division they may have to go 3 times and so only 25% of the teams in that division is taken. next year, i can see small limited being too big again and POSSIBLY small all girl, (possibly because, some teams may go medium) but if they merge large and medium; large will possibly have a good number of teams and small all girl will for sure have too many. even medium coed may be over the threshold next year.

You realize that medium all girl is a division just created, no one has even competed in that division and you're already asking for them to be merged?

Well something needs to give, change, move, idk what but parents being afraid to leave because they won't get back in and a constant fight for seats everywhere in the Milk house JUST DOESN"T WORK! USASF has got to come up with an answer. Limit bids, change venue I don't care but it can't go on like this!

Worlds is the only Cheer Event that has a Rock Concert feel about it. The energy is electric in the entire complex. As a parent and a photographer it is surreal. As one of the cheerleaders on the mat i could only imagine the feeling. I am OK with the set up. Even if I have to go out side to meet her in the court yard after she performs. The weather has been the best each year. the court yard has its own buzz about it as well with the shirt trading, the pictures, the high fives, seeing people for the first time in a long time. Everything about the weekend is second to none. Could things be better, sure they could. I look at worlds as the cheerleading Woodstock.. lol

My club had teams in both the Milk house and Jostens but I never saw the one in Jostens because I was afraid I would never get back into the Milk House if I left. It shouldn't be this way.

Worlds is the only Cheer Event that has a Rock Concert feel about it. The energy is electric in the entire complex. As a parent and a photographer it is surreal. As one of the cheerleaders on the mat i could only imagine the feeling. I am OK with the set up. Even if I have to go out side to meet her in the court yard after she performs. The weather has been the best each year. the court yard has its own buzz about it as well with the shirt trading, the pictures, the high fives, seeing people for the first time in a long time. Everything about the weekend is second to none. Could things be better, sure they could. I look at worlds as the cheerleading Woodstock.. lol

Well said! I agree there is an energy like no other in the entire complex. I was able to get a seat in both venues both days. I did allow plenty of time before so I could make sure I didn't miss the teams i wanted to see. I really felt like I was seeing something special, truly the best of the best.

Please, no one else suggest that spectators getting there early solves the problem. You can't fit 8000 people into 4000 seats regardless of what time each person gets there. Everyone could arrive at 4am and they still wouldn't fit.

That's what a contract is, Disney allowing a contract that brings them money to be broken, I don't see happening.

Most contracts can be broken if either party isn't able to uphold their end in the same manner originally contracted for (eg. no longer being able to provide adequate space for the event). Disney doesn't have to "allow" it - a mediator, attorney, and/or court would have to. Not that I think that's going to happen. Just clarifying that yes, contracts can be broken.

I have to be honest, I don't want to see Worlds moved from the WWS either. I will agree with everything @wcdad said. I just wish there was a way to keep it there and not be so overcrowded. Limiting the bids handed out would certainly help. Moving it to June when everyone is out of school and spreading it out into 3-4 days might help also. But the fans that come each year just to watch are growing!! Let's face it, once you come once, it is hard to stay home in the future.

I have to be honest, I don't want to see Worlds moved from the WWS either. I will agree with everything @wcdad said. I just wish there was a way to keep it there and not be so overcrowded. Limiting the bids handed out would certainly help. Moving it to June when everyone is out of school and spreading it out into 3-4 days might help also. But the fans that come each year just to watch are growing!! Let's face it, once you come once, it is hard to stay home in the future.

I've never been, but after reading this WHOLE thread and reading what the people who go year after year think, I'm inclined to think it should stay there too. I really like @wc dad 's "cheerleading Woodstock"! I can't wait to go next year - even if it is just as a spectator!

I've never been, but after reading this WHOLE thread and reading what the people who go year after year think, I'm inclined to think it should stay there too. I really like @wc dad 's "cheerleading Woodstock"! I can't wait to go next year - even if it is just as a spectator!

You really should come and watch! It is like nothing else. It is so fun!! You will be hooked :)

You really should come and watch! It is like nothing else. It is so fun!! You will be hooked :)

I am coming! Planning the trip already. @Mamarazzi claims she is coming also...we can not wait. Guess we'll be there at 4 AM for seats! But I'm so excited - biggest competition I've been to before this is US Finals.

Back