All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have said just about all I can about the policy itself but I just wanted to throw it out there to those who are complaining that the e-mail was posted for the public to see, maybe you should be asking your gym owners and coaches how it is this e-mail is getting to the people posting it? The problem is why is someone outside the gym getting the gyms news?? Sounds to me the problem is within the gym and that needs to be fixed if they don't want their e-mails to surface. Also if it is important don't do it over e-mail, call a meeting and talk to the parents FACE TO FACE.

The policy is something that I do not understand and probably never will because I believe as a PAYING customer and a MOTHER (if I was one) that I would take my child wherever I dang well please. If the gym I am at does not like that then that gym is not for me and I will take my money elsewhere. The big brother I see is when a gym claims it is for safety reasons but then they allow anyone to come take privates at their gym (even if they cheer for another gym). If it is okay for that athlete to do it why not the other?

wow, this thread is like the enegizer bunny, it keeps going, and going and going....the topic at hand, not being able to tumble at another gym without dire consequenses is a little over the top. the more i think about it, the more it bugs me. whatever the gym's motives are, i think if you as a parent want to take your child to another gym for the SOLE purpose of tumbling, to improve on skills that will ultimately benefit the team (and yourself), thats a conversation that s/b held with the coach and the gym owner. there are many reasons why you may need to/want to do this. i think the key is, do your research, make sure the gym you are going to has trained instructers, knows your current skill level and what your (realistic) goals are. I think this should be communicated to you current gym, they should probably be able to give you some tips on where to go and where to avoid. not all gyms are suspicious and fearful/hateful of other area gyms.

i do think to mandate to all though a mass (threatening) email is NOT the way to go and certainly to me doesn't foster a good relationship for the gym and it's customers, current OR potential.

Gi

I think it was talked about earlier in the thread, that when you send out an email that says " I am sending this to everyone, I have nothing to hide" or this is going out to the whole *****nation ;) You dont really have an out. who is everyone? Who is the "nation" As ex Sen. Weiner found out, if you don't want it out there.. don't put it out there ... no pun intended :rolleyes:

I get that, but I was just curious how hard they go. Evidently they are very specific about when, where and why their athletes can tumble and post on the "innanets" I was just wondering if they have also put out there consequences for forwarding their emails.

In the words of World Cup Starlites.
"this is the part where it gets so hot.. this is the part where it gets so severe!"

I think it is RIDICULOUS that a gym would impose such a rule with such extreme consequences. Sometimes people forget that we, as parents/athletes are paying customers. Could you imagine McDonalds saying that you may ONLY buy fast food at their restaurants because they are unsure of the safety of other burger chains? Or Abercrombie stating that you may only shop at their stores because they are unsure of the quality of other clothing stores? Those places would be out of business within months. I am not familiar with the gym used as the subject of this thread. So, my opinions are about the policy, not this particular gym.

I think it is RIDICULOUS that a gym would impose such a rule with such extreme consequences. Sometimes people forget that we, as parents/athletes are paying customers. Could you imagine McDonalds saying that you may ONLY buy fast food at their restaurants because they are unsure of the safety of other burger chains? Or Abercrombie stating that you may only shop at their stores because they are unsure of the quality of other clothing stores? Those places would be out of business within months. I am not familiar with the gym used as the subject of this thread. So, my opinions are about the policy, not this particular gym.
Many have used the same or similar examples. You are not alone.

My question.. is this a common practice amongst gyms? How do you handle this situation, if your athletes live far away & tumble elsewhere during the week? Your thoughts? GO!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 22, 2011 10:45:25 PM EDT​
To: IDENTITY DELETED TO SPARE "IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL"
Subject: Important Please Read
This is a mass email going out to all members of the Nitro Nation.​

There is to be absolutely NO tumbling at any other gym if your are on a Nitro team. This has been a policy in our handbook since day one. This is for safety reasons. We do not know what these instructors at other locations are teaching and if they are going in safe progression according to the USASF rules and guidelines.​

Year after year the Nitro program produces quality tumbling in a safe and progressive manner.​

Failure to comply will result in IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL from the Nitro organization.​

This is the only warning being given.​

Just in retrospect, I know alot of you have discussed this issue as spelled out in the email below. Double standards?

Date: July 21, 2011 12:49:11 PM EDT
To: Email Removed to Protect Identity

Subject: Open gym new policy

If you are a Nitro and you bring a friend, you get in free! They must have parental permission and a medical release form filled out.
If you dont bring a friend, it will be the normal charge of $10.
We are open this Friday 6-9 and now the gym has A/C!
Some come work on your skills and bring a friend to bounce around in the gyms with.

Strumming up some controversy on a slow day???;)

I think it is super hypocritical to have a policy that forbids tumbling at another gym while at the same time encouraging athletes to bring in other people. However, I guess they could say they are not technically encouraging people to come from other gyms...

Strumming up some controversy on a slow day???;)

I think it is super hypocritical to have a policy that forbids tumbling at another gym while at the same time encouraging athletes to bring in other people. However, I guess they could say they are not technically encouraging people to come from other gyms...

I can't control when and where my influx of information comes from.
Regardless of what they can technically say, I think you nailed it when you said hypocritical.

...wel... come.. to.. the show....

ok, this is ridiculous.....talk about a double standard. BUT, they have AC...too bad those busses aren't still rolling, right?:cool:

ok, this is ridiculous.....talk about a double standard. BUT, they have AC...too bad those busses aren't still rolling, right?:cool:

They're not running the bus anymore?
What happend with that?? Was it a promotion just until after contracts for the season were signed?

I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere else, but as always- I have HUGE problems with absolutes. Even those who have given reasons as to WHY this rule MIGHT be used at their gym or IS used at their gym have ALSO provided instances where they might ok it (the family is far away and there's a gym closer, they get permission, etc). Just isn't making sense to me..

on subject...yes, completely agree about absolutes. this is one of the first things they teach people in law school, is not to say things so you can get trapped in your words LOL. one could easily make a rule that says something to the effect of "please do not do this unless you come see us and we say otherwise".

bus matter....rumor mill is churning up stories that there are statements being made to former "West Gym" athletes that they get them a bus too.

Isn't the old West Gym, 3 hours from Middletown? Who would ride 3 hours to and 3 hours back. C-R-A-Z-Y.

Back