All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm right handed, tumble right, but when I do fulls, doubles, arabians, etc. I spin left. Doesn't bother me when people who tumble together start with different legs ,but I think it looks weird when people are doing fulls or doubles and are spinning opposite ways.

i am right handed - tumble left, twist left

but originally i did gymnastics and tumbled/did everything to the right up until i broke my right arm. now i can't even cartwheel with my right arm. i physically cannot put it on the ground first. helllo cartwheel mental block lol

I'm glad I found this thread because I was wondering something similar, so now I don't have to ask anyone myself! Haha! But I was only wondering about twisting skills. If right handed people twist right and left handed people twist left, or if they go the opposite of their handedness. And I also was wondering for flyers if they're right handed and twist left if it has anything to do with being used to stunting to the left. So this was fun to read! :)

1) I am right handed and I tumble left.

2) Not really, hah! I don't usually notice!

3) I don't think so. People progress at different speeds anyways but I don't think it has to do with which way they tumble.

;)

I'm glad I found this thread because I was wondering something similar, so now I don't have to ask anyone myself! Haha! But I was only wondering about twisting skills. If right handed people twist right and left handed people twist left, or if they go the opposite of their handedness. And I also was wondering for flyers if they're right handed and twist left if it has anything to do with being used to stunting to the left. So this was fun to read! :)

OMG! I never thought of the flyer thing, but I know a LOT of flyers the tumble left.

Lol that's funny, that's how I realized it when she was on tiny's one of the coaches brought it up and everything since bothered me. And now it's like she stands out because I can't think of any one else on the team who tumbles that way!!

Also when working tumbling skills they start off with the basics and they always make them do cartwheels and then opposite leg cartwheels. All the people who tumble right can do "ok" left cartwheels. You can tell it's not their best leg but it doesn't look bad. To where when my daughter goes she literally can't do a right cartwheel at all like she can't make it over! It's just crazy!!

I tumble right and I can't do a left cartwheel to save my life. It's absolutely terrible. I can't even get over! lol

I am righty, but cartwheel left.

Now what about this...my CP cartwheel/roundoffs right, but then has to take a step to connect the back walkover. She can do it with both legs first, but she naturally went to a back walkover with the left foot first.

I am righty, but cartwheel left.

Now what about this...my CP cartwheel/roundoffs right, but then has to take a step to connect the back walkover. She can do it with both legs first, but she naturally went to a back walkover with the left foot first.

My cp is right handed but tumbles everything left but she does her back walkover right leg first so it's opposite just like yours!!!

right handed, step into skills (roundoffs/handsprings/etc) with right foot, used to spin right but now i spin left after 2 years.

pretty much everyone at my gym twists left, but some turn right but they usually blend in.

Latest posts

Back