All-Star Save Youth 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the reduction in Youth 5 is a result of the growth of ProX and, ultimately, the Fierce Board. Before the boards growth, Youth 5 had many more teams. As the boards grew and people kept talking about how Twinkles or Youth Elite or Rays were the bomb, the other gyms stopped trying to compete. It's not that they couldn't compete, but without any "buzz" around their teams, kids lost interest; they gave up before stepping on the mat. How could anyone compete with the latest 8 year old and her double/double?

Instead of having to eliminate or restrict Youth 5, we should eliminate or restrict discussions of the youth teams on the Fierce Board. Maybe a new seed of interest would be planted.

That could probably be said of Unlimited Coed before the # of males were dropped and Large All Girl too.:)

Edited my post: it was a sarcastic comment, but someone at USASF might take it seriously

I think the reduction in Youth 5 is a result of the growth of ProX and, ultimately, the Fierce Board. Before the boards growth, Youth 5 had many more teams. As the boards grew and people kept talking about how Twinkles or Youth Elite or Rays were the bomb, the other gyms stopped trying to compete. It's not that they couldn't compete, but without any "buzz" around their teams, kids lost interest; they gave up before stepping on the mat. How could anyone compete with the latest 8 year old and her double/double?

Instead of having to eliminate or restrict Youth 5, we should eliminate or restrict discussions of the youth teams on the Fierce Board. Maybe a new seed of interest would be planted.

That is a really interesting aspect that never even crossed my mind! Playing Devil's Advocate, couldn't you say hearing about those teams or seeing the videos would inspire the kids to want to do that by getting level 5 skills?

if the problem is that there are not enough teams why not just make a minimum age on the junior 5 division?
i love this division! and i would hate to see it go

also for the people who are saying that the kids lose the excitement about winning and if they win worlds then they're done well im sure if they love it enough to have gone through everything for years that they'll jut be motivated to make it 2 in a row knowing that the other teams will step it up!

My proposal would be for the teams that have Youth 5's to conference call and talk about where we could all travel to see each other 2 preferably 3 times a season. Taking into acct each programs travel budget's and see if we can't meet in the middle so to speak. Parents are happy their kids are competing against other teams, kids are ecstatic that they get to hang with other kids their age that can do what they do, coaches are happy because their parents and kids are happy, win/win/win in my eyes.

Would this be difficult?

I like the idea but it would be very difficult for us because we take every team to every competition and our schedule is laid out in a very specific and deliberate way.... Cheer Athletics also doesn't usually care to leave Texas except for worlds because there is plenty of good competition there... It's a possibility though I suppose

I like the idea but it would be very difficult for us because we take every team to every competition and our schedule is laid out in a very specific and deliberate way.... Cheer Athletics also doesn't usually care to leave Texas except for worlds because there is plenty of good competition there... It's a possibility though I suppose
Everyone go to NCA. Problem solved.

After reading all the posts about needing to eliminate Youth 5 because of safety and the criticisms of the tumbling technique in the videos, we all need to head to NC for an intervention. Seems like Courtney has completely gone off the deep end and is engaging in child endangerment by operating this team. Good thing everyone else saw the light and rescued their own kids.

Knowing all of this, is it professional malpractice for coaches to not step in and protect the children?

Since it's all about safety.

See, that's where being staff as opposed to a parent comes in handy in these situations. LOL I am not privy to the why's and how's of our competition schedule. LOL Ideally in my perfect world, I'd like Big Top, Cheersport/Dallas every other year and Battle at the Beach. Indy is too freaking cold for me and my southern bones can't take it. (So no Indy pls) That's a beginning of the season, middle of the season and end of the season competition. Not sure what to do about Cheer Athletics since they don't have to leave TX and it's not feasible for the rest of the teams to do 3 trips to TX to meet up with them. I don't know Kyle, but I think it's worth trying. <Shrug>

That's an expensive trip to do every year, on top of Cheerport.............

well see now you're backing out already!!! hahaha

Fine we will take our teams to cheersport.... Hope there isn't too much uproar from the parents.... Missy you are in charge of convincing BlueCat to come

That's an expensive trip to do every year, on top of Cheerport.............
I only say that because it's in TX so CA can come, and CEA, Rays, WC, ECE all had teams (if not Y5) there last year, correct?

Back