All-Star Scoresheets - Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 10, 2010
We all preach to whoever will listen here, that we want score sheets put out there for all to see. Well, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of individuals on this board (coaches, owners etc.) who have their score sheets in their hot little hands. Scan 'em and put 'em on the board. Make a section for Fierceboard called "Scoresheets". Since that's not done yet (or may never be), post them here. Everyone's claiming they've got nothing to hide, so if the EP won't do it, why can't we? Lets see them...

I didnt have a team in the Worlds divisions, nor do I feel my division was controversial, nor is my team a 'big caliber' - but if anyone is interested in seeing my Junior 5 scoresheets, I have no problem scanning them when I get home tomorrow....

I didnt have a team in the Worlds divisions, nor do I feel my division was controversial, nor is my team a 'big caliber' - but if anyone is interested in seeing my Junior 5 scoresheets, I have no problem scanning them when I get home tomorrow....

Im interested. Why do you feel we are entitled to view the Scoresheets? I am for all coaches in a division getting to see all scores from every section of the division's scoresheet. I am not for random people on the boards to see them however. If a coach or gym owner wants to comment on what their scores were then so be it. But I think it sort of rude to ask. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone. Not my intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would gladly trade with any coach for (seeing) their scoresheets from the same event. However, placing JUST your own scoresheets helps everyone EXCEPT you. Basic game theory suggest this voluntary system wouldn't work.

Only coaches who share their own should get to see anyone else's. We actually traded with another program this weekend and it helped both of our understanding a little.

Im interested. Why do you feel we are entitled to view the Scoresheets? I am for all coaches in a division getting to see all scores from every section of the division's scoresheet. I am not for random people on the boards to see them however. If a coach or gym owner wants to comment on what their scores were then so be it. But I think it sort of rude to ask. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone. Not my intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't trying to be rude and I certainly don't feel "entitled" to see them. Its a constant discussion on here, the importance of making the scoresheets public. So it would be safe to assume when you said "Make them public", you meant just to the coaches?

My first choice would be to make the score breakdowns absolutely public. I would even be happy with just listing the averages of every number written down on each scoresheet. (example: show the average stunt execution score for a team, rather than each score from Judge A, Judge B, Judge C.) I do not necessarily think that comments should be public. (I find them to be incredibly generic, repetitive, and rarely helpful anyway.)

My next choice would be for only coaches/programs that have teams at the event see them. After that, I could see only making them available to coaches within that particular division. (However, this gives larger programs a significant advantage, IMO)

I plead, beg, cajole, and generally annoy event producers every time I see them because of how strongly I feel on this issue. Some are slowly coming around to the idea (Varsity), others are not.

Perhaps it would help if we gave an analogy that let them see the situation from our point of view.

Picture an event producer calling a gym owner a few days after an event, wanting to follow up with them about how their weekend went. The gym owner gives a few vague comments about how they liked most things and maybe gave a general suggestion or two about how they thought the event could be a little better.

Event producer asks: "So, can we look forward to seeing you guys next year?"
Awkward pause.
Gym owner: "No, I don't think so."
EP: "I'm sorry, do you mind telling me why not? We really enjoyed seeing your teams here this year, and you just said that you liked most of the things we did."
GO: "Well, we just like some other events better than yours."
EP: "Ok . . . we are always looking to make our events better - do you mind telling me where we are falling short? If someone else is doing something better than we are, we would like to know - maybe we can adjust what we do to improve our event."
GO: "I do mind, actually. The other event producers might be upset if we let you know why we picked them over you."
EP: "Umm . . . So, was it the price? What if we gave out better awards? Was one of our staff members rude?"
GO: "Sorry, we can't tell you that. I will tell you that it the decision was REALLY close - that should make you feel better, right? You just need to work a little harder and maybe we will come back one year."

Would the event producer be happy with how that conversation went? Would they want to know more?

BlueCat hit it on the nose with basic game theory. The way it is set up now it doesnt make sense to just scan and post them.

Event producer asks: "So, can we look forward to seeing you guys next year?"
Awkward pause.
Gym owner: "No, I don't think so."
EP: "I'm sorry, do you mind telling me why not? We really enjoyed seeing your teams here this year, and you just said that you liked most of the things we did."
GO: "Well, we just like some other events better than yours."
EP: "Ok . . . we are always looking to make our events better - do you mind telling me where we are falling short? If someone else is doing something better than we are, we would like to know - maybe we can adjust what we do to improve our event."
GO: "I do mind, actually. The other event producers might be upset if we let you know why we picked them over you."
EP: "Umm . . . So, was it the price? What if we gave out better awards? Was one of our staff members rude?"
GO: "Sorry, we can't tell you that. I will tell you that it the decision was REALLY close - that should make you feel better, right? You just need to work a little harder and maybe we will come back one year."

Would the event producer be happy with how that conversation went? Would they want to know more?

THIS is perfection. More so than gum.

MissBee said:
THIS is perfection. More so than gum.

Lol MissBee you crack me up!
I agree that it's really not necessary to upload a picture of scoresheets. I love BlueCat 's scenarios also.
I don't think it was rude to ask though, it's relevant to the current topics of the boards I'd love to see the scoring breakdowns of some of the divisions at Cheersport. I know a lot of people would.

Definitely not rude to ask at all! All the event producers need to do is have judges only write comments on the back and get some OCR software and scan the front of the score sheets in. Post to their website after each division is done. Problem solved.

Definitely not rude to ask at all! All the event producers need to do is have judges only write comments on the back and get some OCR software and scan the front of the score sheets in. Post to their website after each division is done. Problem solved.
SURELY most, if not all, of the event producers enter every number into a computer anyway. It would be simple to generate reports showing whatever combination of scores they wanted. That is basic programming stuff that wouldn't challenge even a first year computer science major.

If that is any event producer's main concern, I think there are enough people on the board with enough background willing to do an open-source program for free that could do this in a heartbeat.

Spirit Fest Nationals which is based in CT and is now part of varsity gives you a breakdown of every team in your division and how all the teams scored in every category. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but as a coach i found that so helpful. Of course it didn't list the comments but you can see exactly where other teams are scoring higher or lower. I really think every company should do this. Then maybe it would make you understand your placement better too.

Back