All-Star Scoresheets - Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

every year we have a conversation about cheersport scoring... and how it doesnt make sense... and thats y several big teams dont go as well such as WC, TG, and F5, cuz the scoring system isnt as efficient as others.. i know that when making my worlds bracket from last year, i looked at cheersport and wondered how alot of the teams beat other teams...

We were very fortunate to outscore them, as they are a ridiculously good team. They wanted to know why they didn't win and, just as importantly, we wanted to know precisely why we won. It won't do much for this coming weekend, but if we ever return to CHEERSPORT, that will be valuable information. It shouldn't have to take two sets of coaches taking time out of their day and sitting down with their iPhones cameras out just to get answers to those questions.

Outside of injuries, my worst nightmare is facing a devastated team I coach and simply not being able to tell them why we were outscored. I can handle one of our teams getting beaten. We have more major wins than most programs, but we also have been a close 2nd or 3rd many more times than most programs as well. I do NOT like being bewildered by results and not knowing what to do to keep it from happening again. You can study video & your own scoresheets/score systems until you're blue in the face (we do), but unless you specifically know what other teams' scores are, you can only guess at why results turn out the way they do.
Sorry we weren't in more of your divisions, it was a tough blow to lose by .07 but seeing your score sheets makes it explainable to kids and parents which is why I feel that public scoring is a necessity. At the end of the day they are the reason why I have a job. So to say "You got out jumped" or "that pyramid change we stayed an extra hour at practice doing, increased our score" makes my job relevant. Just to KNOW doesn't make it easy, but easier when you can see WHY.

I was also confused how some teams placed in the small gym Senior 3 division. Not my team particularly my girls did not preform, but some teams that did place well I felt have extremely easy choreography AND were not clean. We also had one judge that MURDERED us both days. Sometimes being up to 2 points behind the other judges in almost every category.

I was also confused how some teams placed in the small gym Senior 3 division. Not my team particularly my girls did not preform, but some teams that did place well I felt have extremely easy choreography AND were not clean. We also had one judge that MURDERED us both days. Sometimes being up to 2 points behind the other judges in almost every category.
Wow! 2 pts is a HUGE separation! My confusion was from what I heard from So So So many coaches when they questioned the scores Day 1. Just about everyone I spoke with that pointed out the mistakes of the judges were told, "we aren't changing anything, the adjustments will be reflected in your Day 2 scores". I just don't understand that.

Wow! 2 pts is a HUGE separation! My confusion was from what I heard from So So So many coaches when they questioned the scores Day 1. Just about everyone I spoke with that pointed out the mistakes of the judges were told, "we aren't changing anything, the adjustments will be reflected in your Day 2 scores". I just don't understand that.

Wait, what? I am going to be furious if that is the case. That would mean that they essentially gave out false information on your day 1 scoresheets. We assumed that the scores accurately reflect the judges' opinion and used that information to make decisions about what was in/out for day 2.

I have heard this about this year....and I heard it in years past as well. They refuse to change anything, even after review, and say they will "make up for it" the next day...but rarely have I seen it "made up for" enough to change places.

I have heard this about this year....and I heard it in years past as well. They refuse to change anything, even after review, and say they will "make up for it" the next day...but rarely have I seen it "made up for" enough to change places.
What do they put a sticky note on all those scoresheets saying add points because you messed it up yesterday? or just supposed to magically remember through all the 300 other teams their watching? or nothing at all?

That's terrible!

Everybody now..."And we wonder why we can't be considered a legitimate sport."

At Cheersport, I was confused by the scoring. Our International team had alsmost the exact same score as our Restricted 5 team day one, seperated by about .2. The International team had very low difficulty and had half our team dancing on the wrong counts (myself included:oops:) All stunts hit. Our Restricted team competed with a stunt bobble and a flip not go in the pyramid and everything else was spot on, like perfection. It made no sense.

At Cheersport, I was confused by the scoring. Our International team had alsmost the exact same score as our Restricted 5 team day one, seperated by about .2. The International team had very low difficulty and had half our team dancing on the wrong counts (myself included:oops:) All stunts hit. Our Restricted team competed with a stunt bobble and a flip not go in the pyramid and everything else was spot on, like perfection. It made no sense.
They base scores relative to your own division. kingston should probably explain because he can do a heck of a lot better than me. It may be earlier in this thread though so you should look.

Sorry slightly off topic... when is Full Out IOC5 competing again? I look forward to seeing how this team comes together over the next couple of months.

Sorry slightly off topic... when is Full Out IOC5 competing again? I look forward to seeing how this team comes together over the next couple of months.
We compete at Battle at the Capitol in two weeks. I am rediculously proud of how we came together in such a short amount of time. Had quite a rough start to the season, but I am so excited to be a part of it. Tumbling is definately my favorite part of the routine, because I get to listen to the arena gasp at Izzy's tumbling pass. :)

All scoring is done per division based on what is being done in the division. If you have the hardest stunt sequence you will get the highest score in stunts, but it isn't guaranteed you will score high compare against other divisions.

All scoring is done per division based on what is being done in the division. If you have the hardest stunt sequence you will get the highest score in stunts, but it isn't guaranteed you will score high compare against other divisions.
Do you think with this scoring system, order can affect placement then? Maybe if you were the first one in the division to go they would place you in the middle leaving room for improvement. Or after many teams the standards that the are rating the teams change?

Back